just got back from the Explorer 4/12/12 -Awesome trip!

We were on the same cruise. The seas were so calm. We agree the cruise director is a riot. Don't miss the Love & Marriage Game. We did miss it but it was on the TV. It was too cold for us in the water at Bermuda, however warm in the other ports. The only problem we felt was that the cruise was too short! Wish we were still onboard!

We just got back off the 4/12-4/21 EOS cruise; it was terrific. The cruise director and his entire staff were terrific; kept everything going and everybody excited. Did miss the Love and Marriage game but caught the Quest. Both were enjoyable (watched the L&M game on closed circuit TV).

I've started posting my review of the cruise in parts (too long for one review); have placed the first part online already.

Big thanks to RCL for their cruise critic "Meet and Mingle". Won a hat and internet time in the raffle, which I managed to use throughout the entire cruise (Big heads up to Rodrigo in the cruise customer staff for all his assistance).

Was really a fun cruise; if you go on the 10 day Caribbean Cruise, we believe you'll really enjoy it.

Played Bingo three times; won one game. Food in the promenade patisserie were the best late night snacks.

Will post more as I write it. Really enjoyed the boat.

Will have to look for your review next.

Going on EOS in late september . Been to Bermuda , our favorite. Haven't been on Explorer in about 8 years and we're looking forward to it.

I honestly don't remember much except it was a big ship ! I also remember enjoying some dinners in the windjammer, especially the freshly grilled steaks , chops and baked potatoes. I haven't seen them as good on other ship buffets. Hope their still there ???

We just got back off the 4/12-4/21 EOS cruise; it was terrific. The cruise director and his entire staff were terrific; kept everything going and everybody excited. Did miss the Love and Marriage game but caught the Quest. Both were enjoyable (watched the L&M game on closed circuit TV).

I've started posting my review of the cruise in parts (too long for one review); have placed the first part online already.

Big thanks to RCL for their cruise critic "Meet and Mingle". Won a hat and internet time in the raffle, which I managed to use throughout the entire cruise (Big heads up to Rodrigo in the cruise customer staff for all his assistance).

Was really a fun cruise; if you go on the 10 day Caribbean Cruise, we believe you'll really enjoy it.

Played Bingo three times; won one game. Food in the promenade patisserie were the best late night snacks.

Is the main dining room open for lunch when you board ?

The MDR has never been open the day you board for any of the RC cruises I have ever been on. The Windjammer buffet and one of the shops on the Promenade are usually your only food choices. The MDR is normally open on at sea days only for lunch. I am not sure in the case of Bermuda where the Explorer is docked for two or three days depending on cruise length.

We went out of Port Liberty a few years ago. Do they have a new building? The building we had to board the ship was in poor shape.

No new building. Building with a tent area out front attached to the bldg. Honestly, we hardly noticed the building. It's just a place to check in and wait a short time to board the bus to the ship. What about the building was in "poor shape"? It's a building at the pier that's has heat, a/c, running water, bathrooms and gets us on the ship.

Hello, could you post a link to your review? I cannot find it anywhere, thank you!

How is the parking at Port Liberty? Thinking of possibly doing a Dec cruise but have read that the port is miserable.

Parking was great. The cost is $171 for the nine days. That being said, when we arrived back to our car, we noticed our rear passenger window had been left open and NOTHING was missing!!! Paring is secured, gaurded and very very close to the terminal.

I have 2 questions. We just booked explorer yesterday and it is the same room you were in 7300! I read a few posts from late last year that there was a sewage smell in this area, has this been corrected? My other question is about the balcony. The area below the railing is it all metal or is it glass? I have seen pictures both ways and I would hate to think it was all metal and I would not have a full view of that wonderful ocean.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised as the other lines we've sailed on are. No biggie. It's just nice as the first boarding day is hectic and to be seated in the MDR starts the cruise off on the right foot .

The MDR has never been open the day you board for any of the RC cruises I have ever been on. The Windjammer buffet and one of the shops on the Promenade are usually your only food choices. The MDR is normally open on at sea days only for lunch. I am not sure in the case of Bermuda where the Explorer is docked for two or three days depending on cruise length.

Thanks for posting! We sail on our second RC cruise in Sept on EOS to Bermuda! Can't wait but wondered if you can still bring a case of water on board? I know we can't bring wine on RC like Princess allows but Princess has all but left the NY area. Thanks!

We leave tomorrow on Explorer (Can't wait!!!)

Are chairs still available to rent at this time of year at Horseshoe Bay?

Don't see why they would not.

Also sure that everything at HB will be fully operational.

Thanks for posting! We sail on our second RC cruise in Sept on EOS to Bermuda! Can't wait but wondered if you can still bring a case of water on board? I know we can't bring wine on RC like Princess allows but Princess has all but left the NY area. Thanks!

We just got back from 9 days on the Explorer. Brought 2 small cases of water in a plastic bag with a luggage tag attached. Also noticed others had brought a case of water.

We just got back from 9 days on the Explorer. Brought 2 small cases of water in a plastic bag with a luggage tag attached. Also noticed others had brought a case of water.

Thanks!! One thing I like to bring especially for port days and walking around the ship on sea days!

Archived