just got back from the Explorer 4/12/12 -Awesome trip!

I plan to write a full trip report but I just walked in the door and wanted to let everyone know that the Explorer is amazing. We were on the 10 day cruise to Bermuda and Caribbean.

Any Questions?

Loralie

I plan to write a full trip report but I just walked in the door and wanted to let everyone know that the Explorer is amazing. We were on the 10 day cruise to Bermuda and Caribbean.

Any Questions?

Loralie

How is the old ship looking? I have sailed on her 4 years ago, and was wondering what major changes are there?

Hi...I'm leaving June 16th on Explorer. My first time. Going to Bermuda. Going with my husband...and we're so excited. What is the best beach in Bermuda?? We're leaving from Bayonne, NJ....Any hints you can give will be very helpful. I just read Bingo is a ripoff...any response to that? I'm 69 hubby is 72. We're looking forward to meeting new people...eating a lot..and just relaxing. My e-mail addy is LindaJF16@aol.com Thank you,

Linda

Any Questions?

Loralie

Glad u had a great time! We'll be sailing her for the 5th time 6/7. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Hi...I'm leaving June 16th on Explorer. My first time. Going to Bermuda. Going with my husband...and we're so excited. What is the best beach in Bermuda?? We're leaving from Bayonne, NJ....Any hints you can give will be very helpful. I just read Bingo is a ripoff...any response to that? I'm 69 hubby is 72. We're looking forward to meeting new people...eating a lot..and just relaxing. My e-mail addy is LindaJF16@aol.com Thank you,

Linda

best beach in Bermuda is Horseshoe Bay. You can take the bus which is right at the pier or a cab. You'll need to get tokens before you board. Explorer is a great ship, you'll love her.

Linda

Horseshoe Bay is the best beach. Take the bus or grab a cab. You'll need to get tokens at the booth before hopping on the bus. Explorer is a great ship, you'll love her. Any other ?'s, ask away.

Horseshoe Bay is the best beach. Take the bus or grab a cab. You'll need to get tokens at the booth before hopping on the bus. Explorer is a great ship, you'll love her. Any other ?'s, ask away.

We are sailing June 2 on Explorer of the Seas. Does the booth for bus tokens take US dollars or credit cards? Is the booth next to the pier?

Are there umbrellas and lounge chairs to rent at the beach? How is the snorkling from the beach? Six weeks until we sail!

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Try this link it will connect you with others on your cruise.

Bermuda June 16-21 (multipage.gif1 2 3)

awycho

Guest maddycat
Does the booth for bus tokens take US dollars or credit cards? Is the booth next to the pier?

The booth takes US dollars as does everything in Bermuda. They do not take credit cards for the bus or ferry tokens.

How is the old ship looking? I have sailed on her 4 years ago, and was wondering what major changes are there?
this was my first time on Explorer so I don't know about any changes. I thought the ship was in really good shape. I read so many bad reviews before I left that I was thinking she was going to look really bad but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the public places looked.

We were in a handicapped room - 7300 - and there was a little wear and tear but not too much. Not enough to bother me. The balcony had a little rust but I think that is to be expected.

Loralie

Linda

We went to Horseshoe Beach in Bermuda. It is a beautiful beach but it was a little cold for us. My son did not let the cold bother him at all and he went swimming and loved it. We took a cab and even the cab ride was nice. Bermuda is a beautiful place and I can't wait to go back one day.

I did not play Bingo so I really can't say if it is a ripoff or not. I loved Quest and the Love and Marriage show. They should not be missed! Have a great cruise.

Loralie

Does the booth for bus tokens take US dollars or credit cards? Is the booth next to the pier?

The booth takes US dollars as does everything in Bermuda. They do not take credit cards for the bus or ferry tokens.

We bought ferry/bus day passes on Enchantment. A lot easier than getting off and rushing to buy them ashore if you're trying to get to a particular ferry.

DH and I were also on this sailing. I agree this was a WONDERFUL cruise. We sailed her 5 years ago, almost to the day.

I love this class ship as she is not too small nor is she too large...she is just right:)

The staff gave superior service. The food was above par for most ships. The ship really did not look bad at all for her age. Only noticed some rust on our balcony this morning while waiting to leave.

SHe is kept very clean. We had NO issues wiith the infamous "smell.

Will be sailing her again in the future.

How is the parking at Port Liberty? Thinking of possibly doing a Dec cruise but have read that the port is miserable.

We sailed on Explorer this past December/January, and parking was no problem. The port was easy to negotiate, dropping off the bags first and then parking in the lot very close to the ship. We pretty much breezed through check in, walked onto a waiting shuttle and boarded the ship within 5-10 minutes.

I think the key is to get there early (we were there at 11am), and to disembark early (we left the ship around 7:30am). No lines, no waiting, very stress-free.

While filling out the e-docs, I noticed it said boarding would begin at 1:00 PM. Since you got there at 11 am did you have to wait 2 hours to board? Are there places to sit?

Hi, I've been on the EOS several times, usually you board about 12 and the right up to the Windjammer for lunch which is open at 12. I'll be on 9/23. Enjoy.

We are sailing June 2 on Explorer of the Seas. Does the booth for bus tokens take US dollars or credit cards? Is the booth next to the pier?

Are there umbrellas and lounge chairs to rent at the beach? How is the snorkling from the beach? Six weeks until we sail!

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the booths are at the pier along with maps and points of interest. The bus drops you off at the top of the hill to Horseshoe Bay. At the bottom of the hill to your right are restrooms, a snack bar and umbrella, chair rentals. I don't recall the snorkeling being very good at Horsehoe Bay. Tobacco bay in St George has good snorkeling as does Snorkel Park which is at Kings Wharf. At the end of the day, hop in the "ride to the top" for $2 pp. It's the best $2 you'll spend all day.

Archived