Say goodbye to DODs and Hurricane cups

dotshub

Just got back from our quick getaway on The Fantasy April 13-18th and DOD's in the hurricane glasses were plentiful with the drink changing daily, just as it did in the past. Also plentiful were Coconuit Monkeyheads, Blowfish cups, Whale's Tail cups, etc.

Dod was originally designed to be sold to be people as they laid on their loungers in the sun.

It is hard to sell these drinks when the occupants of most of the lounge chairs are towels, cheap paperback books and towels. Ever seen a sandal buy a dod? Neither have I.

My sandals have eaten a few, but they never buy...

Since everyone loves them so much you would think CarnivaL could just raise the price of the drinks by a nickle so they could keep the cups. I'm sure if they buy them by the thousands, they probably don't cost them more the five or ten cents a piece.

No more shrimps and escargot gone.

Escargot is temporarily gone because of the drought in Indonesia. Once they supply is back then Carnival will be serving them again. Until that time they will be serving Corvina and Shrimp ceviche. There is still plenty of shrimp on the boats.

So, just because something is missing, doesn't mean that it's gone for good.

Carnival is cutting back on way to many things. If this is true (on top of everthing else) I think I will stick with RCCL. I would rather see them raise thier prices a little instead of always cutting back. Lower prices are nice to a point and then you start to get what you pay for. In other words pay little, get little. :(

Over you? :rolleyes:

This site is where a number of false rumors begin and are copied to other sites. It sure keeps John busy.

I could care less if it is true or not. I have perused his blogs and the comments on there and steer a wide path around it. Sorta ironic you making this comment with your screen name.:p

Dod was originally designed to be sold to be people as they laid on their loungers in the sun.

It is hard to sell these drinks when the occupants of most of the lounge chairs are towels, cheap paperback books and towels. Ever seen a sandal buy a dod? Neither have I.

My sandals have eaten a few, but they never buy...

LOL...now I don't care who you are....THAT is funny!! ;) :D

I could care less if it is true or not. I have perused his blogs and the comments on there and steer a wide path around it. Sorta ironic you making this comment with your screen name.:p

I couldn't care less if you could care less. :p This is the only thread, from one ship, by one person, that has been duplicated on other sites.

Reminds me of Mayor Schiro - "Believe No False Rumors Unless You Hear Them From Me!" :D

Did not say you did or didn't. I would just not trust a single word from Heald's sycophants.

I don't get it? Why are they so nasty? By the looks of their profile photos they are certainly old enough to know better. Perhaps they need to get a hobby other than stalking the Brand Ambassador 24/7 :(

I don't get it? Why are they so nasty? By the looks of their profile photos they are certainly old enough to know better. Perhaps they need to get a hobby other than stalking the Brand Ambassador 24/7 :(

I must say it is very odd seeing women old enough to be my grandmother display the snarky behavior of pre-teen girls. Its amusing and sad all at the same time.

nooo! say it isn't so!. I was so looking forward to those glasses regardless of paying more. Dunno it just is something so cute and cheesey that screams vacation to me kinda like buying shot glasses or cheap keyrings.

-.- I really wanted the whale tail looking one, and the monkey coconut and hurricane glass.

Carnival is still the best values, bar none. Enjoy RCCL (who has really cutback).

I disagree. Keep hearing this argument but the reality is that Carnival is simply just cheaper than any other line. Having sailed others I found the money invested was invested well and thus giving me a good value for my money.

Cheap doesn't = good value.

Archived