Disney Fantasy Second Week - AMAZING

sporty2k

One more note on pass along on cruise photos. I get annoyed when they are "forcing" photos of you every time you get on and off the ship, at your dinner table, etc. Disney had less of this. I was glad. There were plenty of picture opps but I felt I was being sold to less. I also LOVED the way you didn't have to hunt for your pics as they keep them all in one folio and you use your room key to determine where they are in the photo "library".

They were expensive though - you could buy the digital dvd for $350 - I would have for 200 but not 350. We ended up buying $120 worth. We also literally saw people using high end cameras sitting down with their folios and snapping pictures of the pictures. Crafty yes - but I though that was not right. The photographers need to eat too :)

What do you get for the 350.00 all the pictures or just some of them??

How much were the pictures individually - RCCL they are $20 for a 8X10. Did you get any coupon books or is that for cruisers that have cruised many times (or at least more than once on Disney). We too are going on Disney but in Feb 2013. Thanks for the review and getting me ready for my trip!!!

What do you get for the 350.00 all the pictures or just some of them??

You get the digital version of all of your pictures. Not the hardcopies. They scan your room key at all picture stops and place the hardcopies in a folder. When you go to the picture library you scan your card and the screen tells you where to locate yor folder. I MUCH prefer this way versus hunting for pics.

I don't recall how much the individuals were but I think it was ~$20.

You get the digital version of all of your pictures. Not the hardcopies. They scan your room key at all picture stops and place the hardcopies in a folder. When you go to the picture library you scan your card and the screen tells you where to locate yor folder. I MUCH prefer this way versus hunting for pics.

I don't recall how much the individuals were but I think it was ~$20.

Hi sporty thank you for the information.

Thanks for all the info!! We are going on the RCCL Explorer in April of 2014 but man, I would love to take the family on this Disney Cruise. Do you think a 2 1/2 year old would enjoy herself?? She is 14months now and would like to wait until she can at least get some joy out of the activities on board. I'm not worried about our 4 year old. She gets joy from everything. Any input would be great!!!!

Thanks for all the info!! We are going on the RCCL Explorer in April of 2014 but man, I would love to take the family on this Disney Cruise. Do you think a 2 1/2 year old would enjoy herself?? She is 14months now and would like to wait until she can at least get some joy out of the activities on board. I'm not worried about our 4 year old. She gets joy from everything. Any input would be great!!!!

I definitely think that a 2 1/2 year old would enjoy herself. They have a separate kids club for children under 3. However for me personally I would wait another year or 2 because it would create a more lasting memory and give you and your spouse a more preditable experiece as both your children would take place in similiar activities. Just my opinion though.

Sporty2k

We are planning on waiting till she is 3. You are right though, I want her to be able to have fun and I know the memories will be longlasting. We are now waiting for RCCL to post their April 2014 schedule for Explorer.

Two other quick things.

On the formal night I did wear a tux. I would say less than 10% do this. I actually forgot my shows and even though they do not have a formal wear rental shop on board like other cruises a quick stop at the Service Desk yielded me a pair of tux shoes from wardrobe.

First, thanks for your Fantasy reviews and comments, navigator scanning and pics. WE are going this weekend. Having trouble packing. One formal night, one semi? What was the majority of men wearing. Hubby really does not want to bring a suit or sportcoat. How out of place in dress slacks and dress shirt? Thanks, Gail

I see u ended at Disneyworld. My wife and I will be taking five grandkids. We plan on Disneyworld first then the cruise. Great pics

I think most people will say that this is the best way to do it. Disneyworld can be more activity intensive, so starting the week with the land portion and finishing with a relaxing cruise is the way to go.

I think most people will say that this is the best way to do it. Disneyworld can be more activity intensive, so starting the week with the land portion and finishing with a relaxing cruise is the way to go.

We always did it this way too. We figured we would tire ourselves out at WDW and then relax on a cruise.

Something changed!:eek: We found the trauma of getting off of the ship and driving home was too much to bare (?bear?).

So now if we do Disney, we do it after the cruise.:)

First, thanks for your Fantasy reviews and comments, navigator scanning and pics. WE are going this weekend. Having trouble packing. One formal night, one semi? What was the majority of men wearing. Hubby really does not want to bring a suit or sportcoat. How out of place in dress slacks and dress shirt? Thanks, Gail

While not traditionally "formal"- a dress shirt and pants will be fine.

For formal night DH & DS wore a suit (with tie). For semi-formal, suit pants, dress shirt, tie.

:)

We always did it this way too. We figured we would tire ourselves out at WDW and then relax on a cruise.

Something changed!:eek: We found the trauma of getting off of the ship and driving home was too much to bare (?bear?).

So now if we do Disney, we do it after the cruise.:)

There's no getting over the trauma. We all have to leave eventually. Unless I can win the lottery and buy enough DVC points to stay year round :p

So Gail,

Was it everything you hoped for???

Archived