New Oceanview Cabins on M Class

Sir~Cruisealot

Has anyone sailed in the newly created cabins on deck three, formerly the meeting rooms? I notice that many have doors to adjoining cabins and I am curious if these are the new Solstice style or traditional M-class through-the-wall type. If anyone has sailed in these cabins on Infinity or Summit, I would welcome any feedback.

Has anyone sailed in the newly created cabins on deck three, formerly the meeting rooms? I notice that many have doors to adjoining cabins and I am curious if these are the new Solstice style or traditional M-class through-the-wall type. If anyone has sailed in these cabins on Infinity or Summit, I would welcome any feedback.

We're staying in one of them next month to Bermuda. I made sure I booked a room that was not connecting because I felt that they would be just like the other balcony connecting cabins on the M-Class. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be an alcove like that on the S-Class so you could connect out in the passageway, so I'm assuming they connect directly thru the bulkhead to the other cabin. I think that would be a safe assumption, but not definitive.

I was on the Costellation last year and I did not see these cabins at all. I am sure there were still meeting rooms on deck 3 and no cabins at that time.

The Deck Plans on Celebrity show them on Infinity, Summit, and Millennium. Maybe they did not add the AQ cabins on Deck 11 or those cabins on Deck 3 during its Solsticizing.

Every picture I have seen of a cabin from an M class ship which has been Solsticized shows that they are still using the M class cabin format which is quite different from S class cabins. The one difference in the cabins you mention is that because they are being added in the area which was formerly meeting rooms, they have very large windows. I saw a post showing a picture of the window somewhere. Try a search.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the Solsticization process. The Connie got some specialty restaurants in her first trip through, but did not have any of the AQ cabins or other cabins added at that time. She's due for a repeat trip through the process--one assumes to add the these cabins. Millie is currently undergoing this process. Infinity and Summit have already been done.

We're staying in one of them next month to Bermuda. I made sure I booked a room that was not connecting because I felt that they would be just like the other balcony connecting cabins on the M-Class. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be an alcove like that on the S-Class so you could connect out in the passageway, so I'm assuming they connect directly thru the bulkhead to the other cabin. I think that would be a safe assumption, but not definitive.

Please let us know more about these cabins after your cruise. I have booked one on the Millie on the September Wine cruise. Thanks, Shirley

Archived