Response to dining request

I am so surprised. I e mailed the dining operations and today I got a response:

Dear Marysunshine:

Guests are seated per request. You have a table for 6, Deck 3, Close to the Captain's table, main seating.

Wow, I didn't even request close to the captain's table but I bet we get good service. I am so pleased, couldn't ask for better customer service.

I would not bet on having a good waiter just because you are close to the captain's table. The worst waiters that I ever had were when seated next to the captain's table. Both times I was at the next table and had to share the waiter with the captain. The waiter fawned all over the people at the captain's table and virtually ignored us. Fortunately in one instance we had a WONDERFUL asst. waiter who made up for the waiter's lack of attention.

I prefer to be seated away from the captain.

How do you even know you'll be eating the same time as the captain?

Or that he will even have dinner there. We did a cruise on Explorer and ate in WJ most every night and he was eating there with the other officers.

I was only quoting the e mail I received . As stated above, I never requested to be near the captain's table. Wouldn't even think of that. That is why I was surprised to see that.
I used your e-mail address because our dining time was changed to 5:30,prompt reply from the restaurant administrator already, thanks.:cool:

I have a couple of dining questions, please.

I transferred my booking to a TA -- do I need to go through them to request a table for 2? My cruise isn't until April of 2013. How far out should I make the request?

Thanks. :)

I transferred my booking to a TA -- do I need to go through them to request a table for 2? My cruise isn't until April of 2013. How far out should I make the request?

Yes you do,if you use a TA (as we do) she needs to make the request.Now we would be fine.;)

I have used the "rcldining" email multiple times--both when we booked through a TA and direct with Royal. Our 2-top request has always been successful! :D

I email about 3 weeks prior to departure.

Or that he will even have dinner there. We did a cruise on Explorer and ate in WJ most every night and he was eating there with the other officers.

We have had the same experience on several of our cruises...but on one particular cruise our captain sat by himself quite often..very much out of the way reading while he ate..I think it was nice that no one bothered him..He probably enjoyed his alone time ;)

We have large family group going in June & we booked thru a TA but I went directly to rcl dining for an MTD reservation for 11 people. I just got a confirmation email that they took care of the arrangements for me. You can do a lot of things on your own even if you used a TA.

I emailed with a dining room request and I received a response that told me which dining room we are in and our table number. I was surprised to also see listed all our names, dates of birth, and cabin catagories and cabin numbers.

Archived