sushi on Veendam?

cruisenanny

We were on Veendam for 3 weeks and got off last Sunday. There was Sushi at lunch time in the Lido but it was not that great, the same selection everyday. I did finally ask why we never saw any with shrimp and was told to come back the next day (last day) and there was some shrimp Sushi, but the selection was more elaborate in the past.

On the S class ships there isn't a dedicated Asian secction like on the Vista class and Signature class ships.

We have seen where they put out maybe 2 trays of the same type of sushi eeach day -- made early in the day.

DH loves sushi -- but not on most HAL ships.

Maasdam now has a dedicated Asian section in Lido at lunchtime everyday, with a couple of rice dishes, noodles, woks. The sushi was over by the salads and seemed about the same most days. Nice but nothing to write home about. Hope you enjoy your cruise but you'll probably get better sushi near home. m--

Wait, Veendam doesn't have e Asian area in the lido?

My favorite part of HAL is lunch at the Asian station ordering noose dishes.

Is this true that it's not available? My looking forward to Veendam is going to be losing a star f so. :(

The Veendam has an Asian section in the Lido. The selection isn't that great though. I never ate there much (been eating Asian food all my life, kind of didn't need that when I'm getting away from it all) although one late night where there wasn't much picking, I did order a noodle dish but it was very greasy. I have seen the sushi where they kept the salads, but never ventured to try that either. I did get some delicious seaweed salad at the MDR only after seeing it on my crabcake & requesting some on the side.

My favorite part of HAL is lunch at the Asian station ordering noose dishes.

Is this true that it's not available? My looking forward to Veendam is going to be losing a star f so. :(

Yes. It does and the Asian food (besides the Sushi) was the best in the Lido.

Archived