Wifi and Trivia Contests

Why would you have to cheat using Google when they use the same questions from one cruise to the next. It took the fun out of trivia on the second week of a B2B. We just refused to play the second time!

We play the trivia games and on our several B2B sailings always had (luckily - I guess) different questions. The same questions would be like watching the same Jeopardy episode over and over! (recall Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?)

We did happen to sit with a competitive group once who rather than discuss possible answers, had us write them down so other groups didn’t hear possible answers. Way too intense for us.

It would never occur to me to cheat in cruise ship trivia!

M

On one Spelendour cruise we were on, one woman complained about the answer the Assistant CD gave for one question stating that on her last two RCCI cruises the answer had been "Butterfly Hummingbird" when this CD was accepting "Hummingbird*" with a * at the bottom with a notation of "specifically Butterfly Hummingbird" since there had not been room to correct it on the form - we accepted the loss of the point without comment and continued in the scoring, and won anyway (the same questions on three cruises and this bimbo and her team of six still couldn't beat out a husband and wife on thier first go-round with the questions??) but when the same woman two days later laughed at the CD and complained that a question should be disqualiefied because the CD was having problems pronouncing "wicked" (as in Wicked Witch of the West, CD native Portugese speaker pronounced it as if it were "wicked away moisture") we simply left prior to scoring. Three other teams followed suit and the rest of the room applauded. Some people just can't have fun.

When I do a B2B the first week I will go to the trivia and listen to the questions, maybe write some answers down, but will not play. The second week I will go and play. Just don't think it would be fair if I played both weeks.

Yet there are some that cruise nearly every week and you will find them at trivia....by now,they know just about all the answers and win........it really is a matter of winning to them and not a fun way to spend a half hour..

Yet there are some that cruise nearly every week and you will find them at trivia....by now,they know just about all the answers and win........it really is a matter of winning to them and not a fun way to spend a half hour..

I have even heard two ladies speaking in the CL and they were upset because some of the questions were different than the previous week. Go figure.

I have even heard two ladies speaking in the CL and they were upset because some of the questions were different than the previous week. Go figure.

somehow,I can just picture that!:rolleyes:

Yep, I certainly agree.

Glad to hear you play trivia. So do we. Maybe we can team up sometime?

Bob

I play trivia 2-3 times a week at home. We have a pretty good team and often win bar cash. The hosts now have to work harder to see who is trying to cheat with all the smart phones around.

Now, I can't imagine spending all the money to win some cheap prizes on the ship. When people are caught cheating, they need to be shamed.

Now, sometimes they do have good prizes. On our TA they had a progressive trivia where we won the grand prize that consisted of a Hat, a travel mug, a Royal bag, a t-shirt, that money pouch thing, magnet sheet, pen, highlighter, a gold Crown and Anchor medal, and a bottle of wine. that was after 7 days at sea, so if you tried to cheat, you probably would have paid more in charges than even that pile of prizes was worth. :D

Archived