Laundry-Unlimited package

gabbyisadog

New to Princess- Do they have an unlimted laudary deal ? If so cost on a 14 day cruise. thanks

No such package.

During a cruise they sometimes offer a $20 (I think) all you can fit into one of their paper laundry bags deal. The bag holds a reasonable amount, but not a great amount, of clothes.

New to Princess- Do they have an unlimted laudary deal ? If so cost on a 14 day cruise. thanks
No. Every Princess ship has self-serve laundries and most have a self-serve laundry on every passenger deck. On some cruises, a "by the bag" offer is made but I haven't seen that in a while. One thing to remember is that since Princess Elite passengers get unlimited laundry for free plus the self-serve laundries, there probably isn't as much demand for other packages, particularly if you can wash and dry a load of laundry yourself for a few $.

On some cruises, a "by the bag" offer is made but I haven't seen that in a while. One thing to remember is that since Princess Elite passengers get unlimited laundry for free...

FYI Pam, the $20 per bag offer was made on our B2B Emerald cruises this past winter. It was advertised in the Patter and was a 1-day only offer.

We reached Elite on the second cruise and took advantage of the free laundry service. Although doing our own laundry was quick and easy, it was so nice not to have to find the time to do it.

Lew

Princess does have an unlimited laundry deal--unfortuantely it costs several thousands of dollars, depending on the cruise, but the laundry deal does come with a suite cabin. :D

Seriously, I would just go to the self-laundry--and if you go early in the morning or on a port day, there usually isn't a wait for a washer.

Although we have free laundry on Princess after our most recent cruise on Grand P. we are wondering whether to use it any more.

They were exceptionally rough on the clothes,one or more problem like severe fading, bleach spots,shrinkage, tears and holes on every lot we sent. In the end we came home with unwashed clothes as we didn't want any more damage.

So it can be a mixed blessing using the laundry, this is however the worst we have ever experienced, usually its been a small item item missing or a tear here and there.

Some people have posted on this site that they went to the pursers desk and were able to buy this. I don't know if it is true, but you might want to ask.

Although we have free laundry on Princess after our most recent cruise on Grand P. we are wondering whether to use it any more.

They were exceptionally rough on the clothes,one or more problem like severe fading, bleach spots,shrinkage, tears and holes on every lot we sent. In the end we came home with unwashed clothes as we didn't want any more damage.

So it can be a mixed blessing using the laundry, this is however the worst we have ever experienced, usually its been a small item item missing or a tear here and there.

Wow, that would be awful. I guess we have been lucky as all the clothes we have sent to the laundry have come back in great shape.

do they offer a "pressing" (ironing) only service? I always try to pack carefully using plastic bags - but sometimes my husbands dress shirts have a few wrinkles.
Yes. There is a "pressing only" option available on the laundry slip. Also, every self-serve laundry room has ironing boards and irons. A suggestion is to get travel-sized Downy "Wrinkle Release" and try that first. It really works. :)

Are the ship's laundry services reasonable? I know Celebrity was cheaper than our local dry cleaners. We'll probably need to have some laundry done, & I have no intention of doing it myself on vacation, especially ironing. Self-service laundry is great for those who prefer that. It just doesn't say vacation to me. It would be nice to have some idea how much we can expect to pay for laundry in advance.

Our laundry on a 14 day cruise is billed at around $400 for two of us. That includes pressing formal wear when we arrive, and we leave the ship with just clean clothes in the luggage and what we stand up in.

I'm really curious about what types of fabric you were sending to the laundry. Maybe it was just yours on the Grand, but we've never had a single problem with laundry on any other ship except for a silk Hawaiian Shirt that they kept starching until it would stand up on its own. They did it TWICE. That was on the Sea Princess.

Archived