Statendam Incan Empires - 2013/2014

Friend100

Would love to do a cruise like that. Sadly DH can no longer get a Yellow Fever shot anymore.

You have to get a Yellow Fever shot for this cruise, wow that is interesting.

I wouldn't mind doing this cruise, it sounds interesting.

Here are the highlights of the 30 night Incan Treasures Cruise ex San Diego to Lima Peru & return calling into ports in Mexico, Guatamala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Equador, Peru

15 days south (Part 1)

Rotterdam Incan Cruise 2010 Part 1

15 Days North (Part 2)

Hope it will provide the info on ports etc.

Regards Bellair

It will be on the Statendam - 2 sailings round-trip from San Diego: one on Nov 3rd, 2013 for 31 days and the other one on March 16th, 2014 for 30 days

SSF331.jpg

Edited by Bellair
added

You need it for this cruise (Ecuador) but can also get letter from your doctor that it is contradicted at your age or condition. We just got off Veendam from Santiago and know of multiple people who did not get the shot.

You need it for this cruise (Ecuador) but can also get letter from your doctor that it is contradicted at your age or condition. We just got off Veendam from Santiago and know of multiple people who did not get the shot.

We visited ecuador on a cruise and no yellow fever shot was required--please indicate your source for the requirement.

Bg

Didn't see this one, sounds like a fantastic cruise. I'm going to have to investigate. We were in Peru 2 years ago and missed Machu Picchu due to the terrible flooding the railway was washed out. I would love to go back. We were with a group of 14 and the tour company did a fantastic job with a substitute tour of the Sacred Valley but still would love to go to Machu Piccu. If you want to book private tour for either Lima or Machu Picchu, maybe they are in other ports as well, I do not hesitate to recommend http://www.inkaexperience.com/

They were not very expensive, we felt safe, and got more than what we paid for! Great, professional young people. Loved, loved, loved Peru, I can imagine how great the rest of the ports will be.

The cruise line told us that Ecuador wanted everyone on board to have either the Yellow Fever shot or the waiver that it was contraindicated. I had no problem with it, as I had had the Yellow Fever shot for my Amazon cruise in 2009. The booklet with the Yellow Fever information was requested at check-in for the cruise.

Edited by luvcruisn'

Here are the highlights of the 30 night Incan Treasures Cruise ex San Diego to Lima Peru & return calling into ports in Mexico, Guatamala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Equador, Peru

15 days south (Part 1)

Rotterdam Incan Cruise 2010 Part 1

15 Days North (Part 2)

Hope it will provide the info on ports etc.

Regards Bellair

Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like a great trip.

• 1 year later...
The most common is age. After 70 or so, they are not recommended.

Susan

Susan Thanks, my husband turns 70 next October we are due to take this voyage in March.... This will be a tough call ..hopefully his doctor will make a good call. I do have to wonder what danger there is in a person of that age taking the vaccination.

Susan Thanks, my husband turns 70 next October we are due to take this voyage in March.... This will be a tough call ..hopefully his doctor will make a good call. I do have to wonder what danger there is in a person of that age taking the vaccination.

I was on this cruise last month-yellow fever was not needed !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there anyone in the community doing this trip who is setting up excursions that we can get connected with. We did the Spice Route and Far Eastern one for a total 66 days but came to late to this forum to get involved with any groups. Will there be a gathering of Cruise Critic fans meeting on this cruise?

Is there anyone in the community doing this trip who is setting up excursions that we can get connected with. We did the Spice Route and Far Eastern one for a total 66 days but came to late to this forum to get involved with any groups. Will there be a gathering of Cruise Critic fans meeting on this cruise?

Here is a link to our roll call for the 11-2-14 Incan Treasures Statendam cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944401

Please, come on over and join us. We have several tours being set up.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We did this cruise last Nov/Dec on the Statendam and really enjoyed the cruise. The Statendam went out of her way to make this trip extra special.

Edited by PathfinderEss