?? about Nellies/Barefoot Cabanas? Pics here

melbur

I was also wondering if we get to the cabana before the others, how do they get their wristbands or do we have to get them off the ship with us?

The wristbands are given out when you get to the site, but if you tell them you are expecting more guests later, they will take their names so when they arrive the attendent will know where to take them.

The wristbands are given out when you get to the site, but if you tell them you are expecting more guests later, they will take their names so when they arrive the attendent will know where to take them.

Thanks for the info. I do believe some may be laging behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after reading everything I know know I want a over the water at Nellie for our upcoming cruise. Now the question is, how far in advance can I book it?

OH, also, can I assume a 1 year old doesn't actually count against the 6 guest limit?

We're considering a cabana for our cruise next year and I have a question about the capacity. I know the cost covers up to six, but it will be myself, hubby and our six kids. Can we still book only one cabana?

Our youngest two will be 3 & 5 so having a place for them to relax when they get sleepy is very appealing, but the cost of two cabanas - not so much ;).

Ok, after reading everything I know know I want a over the water at Nellie for our upcoming cruise. Now the question is, how far in advance can I book it?

OH, also, can I assume a 1 year old doesn't actually count against the 6 guest limit?

I have booked one for our cruise in March 2013. Check your excursions list to see if they are available. I would think the 1 year old does not count.

I wish someone who has rented a cabana in the last month would get on here and tell us the facts for sure! We have 2 "over the water" cabanas rented for our December cruise and from our CC site, so do a lot of other people. How many "over the water" cabanas are there? So many questions and I would love to hear from someone who was just there. IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO JUST GOT BACK????:confused:

I wish someone who has rented a cabana in the last month would get on here and tell us the facts for sure! We have 2 "over the water" cabanas rented for our December cruise and from our CC site, so do a lot of other people. How many "over the water" cabanas are there? So many questions and I would love to hear from someone who was just there. IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO JUST GOT BACK????:confused:

Not sure what "facts" you need, but if you look at the thread below there is now a side pic of the OTW on Nellie's. Looks to be about 4 on the beach, and another 4 that run past the hillside.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35007271&posted=1#post35007271

Not sure what "facts" you need, but if you look at the thread below there is now a side pic of the OTW on Nellie's. Looks to be about 4 on the beach, and another 4 that run past the hillside.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35007271&posted=1#post35007271

Thanks for directing me to the picture. I did not think that those were considered OTW but they are nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We were in Labadee for the first time last Wednesday, August 22 with the Explorer of the Seas. We loved it!

We had cabana W1 at Barefoot. In melbur's pictures, there are four cabanas under construction to the left of W1 and W2. These cabanas are complete and there were families in all of them. They are in a great location with great views. I think the extra cabanas will help when there are two ships in port.

We loved floating in the water all afternoon on. My MIL sat in the cabana on the lounge chair. we pulled it in the cabana so she had shade until late in the day.

Hope that helps.

Mary

Hi all,

We were in Labadee for the first time last Wednesday, August 22 with the Explorer of the Seas. We loved it!

We had cabana W1 at Barefoot. In melbur's pictures, there are four cabanas under construction to the left of W1 and W2. These cabanas are complete and there were families in all of them. They are in a great location with great views. I think the extra cabanas will help when there are two ships in port.

We loved floating in the water all afternoon on. My MIL sat in the cabana on the lounge chair. we pulled it in the cabana so she had shade until late in the day.

Hope that helps.

Mary

Thanks! That does help. Good to hear that you had a great time.

Too much reading of these posts! I had to go and secure an over the water cabana for our March cruise. I've never had a cabana before but I think I'm going to really like it!

Someone stated that soft drinks were also brought in. Is this true or do you have to pay for them in addition?

• 2 weeks later...

Question to anyone who has had a cabana at both Nellies Beach and Barefoot beach.

I booked an over the water cabana at Nellies beach for my October Oasis. Since I booked I decided to upgrade to a CL suite. I am wondering if requesting a cabana for Barefoot Beach is preferable. Why would one be better if at all over the other.? Opinion? :)

Question to anyone who has had a cabana at both Nellies Beach and Barefoot beach.

I booked an over the water cabana at Nellies beach for my October Oasis. Since I booked I decided to upgrade to a CL suite. I am wondering if requesting a cabana for Barefoot Beach is preferable. Why would one be better if at all over the other.? Opinion? :)

In terms of the cabana itself and the amenities with it, there is no difference. However, the beach at Nellie's can get crowded, and is perhaps a slight bit stonier (is that a word?) than Barefoot. Also OTW at Barefoot is over the sand beach, and Nellie's OTW are on the rocks:)

I guess it also depends on if there is another ship in port. When there are 2 ships there, each concierge only gets 50% allocation of the cabanas so getting one you want can be a bit trickier!

In terms of the cabana itself and the amenities with it, there is no difference. However, the beach at Nellie's can get crowded, and is perhaps a slight bit stonier (is that a word?) than Barefoot. Also OTW at Barefoot is over the sand beach, and Nellie's OTW are on the rocks:)

I guess it also depends on if there is another ship in port. When there are 2 ships there, each concierge only gets 50% allocation of the cabanas so getting one you want can be a bit trickier!

Good Morning~ thanks for your input Melanie.:) There is only 1 ship in port. I have seen some of the photos and it does look a bit more crowded at Nellies.

Can you walk from Barefoot to Nellies easily say to visit others who have a cabana on Nellies?

It is a short five minute walk over to Barefoot Beach. You can go back and forth as long as you have one of the yellow arm bands. I did not find any stones in the water at Nellie's Beach. The sand was like flour under your feet. There were just a few sea shells in the sand but no stones. Our Cabana had a ramp that went down to the beach. That was the hardest on my soft little old feet. The beach was just perfect.

Good Morning~ thanks for your input Melanie.:) There is only 1 ship in port. I have seen some of the photos and it does look a bit more crowded at Nellies.

Can you walk from Barefoot to Nellies easily say to visit others who have a cabana on Nellies?

Yes Emmy, they are side by side really, very short walk between the two.

I read almost daily about questions for Barefoot vs Nellies cabanas so I will post my pics inhopes it will help some decide.

Map.jpgLabadee.jpg

Would you please advise where you obtained this map of Labadee, so that I may have a copy? The Royal Caribbean website does not have this posted under their 'Ports of Call' brochure section [that I have been able to locate thus far]. Thank you very much for any assistance!!

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas September 30th, not in a suite. By the time I found out about the cabanas, the online booking for them showed "inquire onboard". Keeping my fingers crossed, we'll be in Labadee on our anniversary, would be a nice surprise for the wife if I can get us a cabana. Fingers crossed.

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas September 30th, not in a suite. By the time I found out about the cabanas, the online booking for them showed "inquire onboard". Keeping my fingers crossed, we'll be in Labadee on our anniversary, would be a nice surprise for the wife if I can get us a cabana. Fingers crossed.

keep checking the website too . . . they sometimes re-appear as well. good luck

keep checking the website too . . . they sometimes re-appear as well. good luck

Melanie, thanks for that tip, I will keep checking. I wonder too, once onboard, can you do the reservation on the television like you can with other excursions (assuming they are available), or is it something you have to do in person at the Excursions desk....

Melanie, thanks for that tip, I will keep checking. I wonder too, once onboard, can you do the reservation on the television like you can with other excursions (assuming they are available), or is it something you have to do in person at the Excursions desk....

they will go quickly . . go right to the Shore Ex desk when you board and book one there.

Archived