?? about Nellies/Barefoot Cabanas? Pics here

melbur

We have an Over the Water Cabana for our cruise in August. Have not done the cabana thing before but from what I have read on this site, I have gained some information.

People have said the sand at Nellies Beach is full of sea shells and a bit sharp on tender feet. Watershoes are recommended. People have said that Nellie's Beach Cabana people can go over to Barefoot Beach.

Reports are that the hillside cabanas are quite a bit of a walk. They don't recommend them for people with walking issues.

The expanded buffet includes shrimp kabobs, steaks, and ribs. There are other additions. Check out this site further.

Your cabana boy brings you a cooler with water and I believe soft drinks. Alchoholic beverages are not included by available through your cabana boy.

You also get floating water pads with the cabana.

There are golf carts that pick you up at the ship and take you to the cabana area. Your cabana boy meets you and takes you to your cabana.

If you decide to reserve a cabana, just put one name on the reservation. If you try to list your whole party, it will not take your reservation. The price of $175 or $200 includes up to six people per cabana. You add your other guests either on ship or when you arrive at Labadee. Everyone receives wristbands to identify who can go to the cabanas and the expanded buffet.

Everyone says it is the best money spent for the whole cruise. I am really looking forward to Labadee and the cabana.

Thanks to this thread we just booked this, I did not think it would be available to book so early , our cruise is in Jan. Last year we had a GS and went to barefoot beach, no cabana. We loved barefoot beach, beautiful beautiful beach, great buffet. Not doing a GS this time so happy to hear I can use barefoot beach and buffet with the purchase of this cabana.

Thanks to this thread we just booked this, I did not think it would be available to book so early , our cruise is in Jan. Last year we had a GS and went to barefoot beach, no cabana. We loved barefoot beach, beautiful beautiful beach, great buffet. Not doing a GS this time so happy to hear I can use barefoot beach and buffet with the purchase of this cabana.

I agree! Melanie, have you considered asking RCI for a cut in the cabana bookings? You deserve it. I wonder if the computers have detected an uptick in bookings, lol!:D

Well this thread has been a help for me as well. Thank you. :) Just booked our cabana the other evening at Nellies beach over the water. This is for our Oasis Oct 13 sailing. Booking just opened up for that this past week.

We have 3 couples sharing and look forward to it. I will approach the Concierge on the ship to see if they have any cabanas for a D+ cruiser at Barefoot and see if I can switch. One can hope :) I am on the ship the week before so will check then.

Well this thread has been a help for me as well. Thank you. :) Just booked our cabana the other evening at Nellies beach over the water. This is for our Oasis Oct 13 sailing. Booking just opened up for that this past week.

We have 3 couples sharing and look forward to it. I will approach the Concierge on the ship to see if they have any cabanas for a D+ cruiser at Barefoot and see if I can switch. One can hope :) I am on the ship the week before so will check then.

Have you done the cabana before, Emmy? You will have such fun! We did it on BB last December.

Have you done the cabana before, Emmy? You will have such fun! We did it on BB last December.

Morning Karen ~ No I have not ever done a cabana. Fellow CC poster Wendy (Breeezy) has and it sounded great so will try it out. I did the reservation and we are sharing with she and another couple. I am sure I will love it.:)

Hope to take lots of photos and will share here on this great thread.

I just book the over the water cabana at Nellie's beach for our spring break trip on the Allure with my in-laws and kids next March. My MIL has COPD and can't walk long distances, but loves the beach. Is getting to the cabana going to be an issue for her? Also is there anyway I can request the closest one, so she doesn't have to walk any further than necessary? Is it a relatively easy (i.e. flat) walk to the lunch buffet? Are there places she can stop and rest?

She loves the beach and the ocean, so I thought this would be a nice treat for her-if she wants to stay out of the sun, she can but will still be right there on the water and we'll have a server for drinks, etc.

Also, I think my kids will want to do the water park area-is that an easy walk (or commute) from Nellie's? I think they only get an hour on that part, so we will be able to leave and come back, correct?

Thank you for the info-I want to have a plan to make this trip as easy and enjoyable for my MIL as possible.

If you don't rent a cabana is there any options for shade on Bare Foot Beach? Saw plenty of loungers but no umbrellas. We are in a suite on our December cruise with Celebrity and understand we will have access to Bare Foot Beach.

Mary Lou

If you don't rent a cabana is there any options for shade on Bare Foot Beach? Saw plenty of loungers but no umbrellas. We are in a suite on our December cruise with Celebrity and understand we will have access to Bare Foot Beach.

Mary Lou

As I recall, there were many shady areas on the beach, well away from the water, of course.:)

I just book the over the water cabana at Nellie's beach for our spring break trip on the Allure with my in-laws and kids next March. My MIL has COPD and can't walk long distances, but loves the beach. Is getting to the cabana going to be an issue for her? Also is there anyway I can request the closest one, so she doesn't have to walk any further than necessary? Is it a relatively easy (i.e. flat) walk to the lunch buffet? Are there places she can stop and rest?

She loves the beach and the ocean, so I thought this would be a nice treat for her-if she wants to stay out of the sun, she can but will still be right there on the water and we'll have a server for drinks, etc.

Also, I think my kids will want to do the water park area-is that an easy walk (or commute) from Nellie's? I think they only get an hour on that part, so we will be able to leave and come back, correct?

Thank you for the info-I want to have a plan to make this trip as easy and enjoyable for my MIL as possible.

my suggestion would be to go for the Nellie's Beach Cabana as opposed to Hillside or Over water. The distance wouldn't be much different but the over the water has stairs to climb which could be an issue. by being on the beach, it is a straight walk to the buffet, with no climbing.

You are taken there at the end of the pier by a golf cart type train so getting there won't be a problem.

You are free to come and go so if the kids want to go to other areas, that's no problem.

my suggestion would be to go for the Nellie's Beach Cabana as opposed to Hillside or Over water. The distance wouldn't be much different but the over the water has stairs to climb which could be an issue. by being on the beach, it is a straight walk to the buffet, with no climbing.

You are taken there at the end of the pier by a golf cart type train so getting there won't be a problem.

You are free to come and go so if the kids want to go to other areas, that's no problem.

Melanie, when we booked the overwater cabana about 3 days ago, there was no option for beach cabanas offerred. Does that mean they were already gone? I was unaware there WERE beach cabanas on Nellie's, lol!:)

Melanie, when we booked the overwater cabana about 3 days ago, there was no option for beach cabanas offerred. Does that mean they were already gone? I was unaware there WERE beach cabanas on Nellie's, lol!:)

There are the three types

ZL89 hilltop Nellies

ZLA6 beach Nellies

ZL88 Over the Water Nellies

May be the allocated # for your sailing to pre-book online is gone,but they usually keep some for onboard booking.Try calling shorex. I booked hilltop and there were no Beach ones then, but a day or two later they had Beach ones.

There are the three types

ZL89 hilltop Nellies

ZLA6 beach Nellies

ZL88 Over the Water Nellies

May be the allocated # for your sailing to pre-book online is gone,but they usually keep some for onboard booking.Try calling shorex. I booked hilltop and there were no Beach ones then, but a day or two later they had Beach ones.

Melanie, thanks for the information. This morning when I checked, there were the beach cabanas, so whether they had always been there or just appeared, I don't know. All things considered, I think we are happy with our overwater choice.:)

I think from now on I will call the cabanas "Nellies" -- as you did. Cute.

Do I have this correct? If you are in a suite or a D+ you can get a cabana on Barefoot Beach and all others can get one on Nellies through the excursions list??? All can go to the same buffet lunch and swim at either place. Is one beach better than the other for swimmng? I think I read on another thread that snorkel equipment was also included- true? Is there room for six people in the cabana? I am thinking at least 3 of us will want to be in the sun some of the time. Is there a bar nearby or do we just send the attendant for our drink order?:rolleyes: This sounds like great fun!!!

Do I have this correct? If you are in a suite or a D+ you can get a cabana on Barefoot Beach and all others can get one on Nellies through the excursions list??? All can go to the same buffet lunch and swim at either place. Is one beach better than the other for swimmng? I think I read on another thread that snorkel equipment was also included- true? Is there room for six people in the cabana? I am thinking at least 3 of us will want to be in the sun some of the time. Is there a bar nearby or do we just send the attendant for our drink order?:rolleyes: This sounds like great fun!!!

Your information seems correct. There is room for six people. You can separate the couch to make additional room. We had six adults and four children ages 8-18 who I planned on having on the beach. I was surprised when the attendant gave us ten wristbands. It was rare to have more than four people in the cabana at once....the water was great! We had an over the water cabana at Nellies. Not su about snorkeling equipment as we had our own. I actually never walked on the beach as we went into the water from our cabana. I had water shoes but didn't need to wear them. The attendant got all of our drinks for us.

I have reserved an over the water cabana. We do not have a suite. Do you think the suite passengers get a better cabana than non suite passengers? Do they pre assign the cabana, or is it first off the ship gets their pick?

Cabanas at Barefoot go to suite passengers first, then if any left they can be requested from the Concierge on a first come first served basis with D+ getting the priority.

The buffet is the same for both beaches. There is no snorkel equipment included. (that would be Coco Cay) Each cabana holds 6 people. if you want a sunbed, you can also have one right on the beach, with a floating mat brought to you by the cabana attendent.

The bar is enroute to the buffet, easy to get to but your cabana attendent will also take your drink order and bring it to you.

I have reserved an over the water cabana. We do not have a suite. Do you think the suite passengers get a better cabana than non suite passengers? Do they pre assign the cabana, or is it first off the ship gets their pick?

Suite passenges pay the same for a cabana as you do, it is simply the beach is different. They are on Barefoot, the shore excursion ones are Nellies. They have the same buffet, same service, same cabana layout. The service, IMHO, lies in the fact they need not pre-reserve or book one on line or through shorex. If you look at one of the earlier pictures showing where Barefoot is vs Nellies, they are really side by side almost.

The beach either side is great and the water lovely.

I have heard both versions about cabana assignment at Nellie's. One, they pre-assign based on when booked, two, they assign as you get there. To be honest, as long as you have one in your desired choice (beach, hilltop, OTW), I don't think you can go wrong.:)

We have been in Barefoot cabanas about 5 x now, and LOVE IT. DH loves the serenity and view. This will be our first Nellie which is why, when we were there last in March, I did a thorough walk through with pics.

hope thay helps

Cabanas at Barefoot go to suite passengers first, then if any left they can be requested from the Concierge on a first come first served basis with D+ getting the priority.

The buffet is the same for both beaches. There is no snorkel equipment included. (that would be Coco Cay) Each cabana holds 6 people. if you want a sunbed, you can also have one right on the beach, with a floating mat brought to you by the cabana attendent.

The bar is enroute to the buffet, easy to get to but your cabana attendent will also take your drink order and bring it to you.

Suite passenges pay the same for a cabana as you do, it is simply the beach is different. They are on Barefoot, the shore excursion ones are Nellies. They have the same buffet, same service, same cabana layout. The service, IMHO, lies in the fact they need not pre-reserve or book one on line or through shorex. If you look at one of the earlier pictures showing where Barefoot is vs Nellies, they are really side by side almost.

The beach either side is great and the water lovely.

I have heard both versions about cabana assignment at Nellie's. One, they pre-assign based on when booked, two, they assign as you get there. To be honest, as long as you have one in your desired choice (beach, hilltop, OTW), I don't think you can go wrong.:)

We have been in Barefoot cabanas about 5 x now, and LOVE IT. DH loves the serenity and view. This will be our first Nellie which is why, when we were there last in March, I did a thorough walk through with pics.

hope thay helps

Thanks, again, Melanie -- you have such good information. Did I read that Nellie's Beach has less of a sandy beach and more of a crushed seashell covering? Other than that, the beaches are adjacent. My only thought would be that Nellie's would be more crowded?? If you are in a cabana, that wouldn't be a problem.

Bottom line, if you definitely want a cabana, and are not in a suite, I recommend booking a Nellie's.

Hi. We booked an over the water cabana at Nellies Beach and I am super excited. We are in 3 side by side cabins so I was just wondering if they give you the wristbands before you get off the ship or when you get over to Labadee? I'm sure my husband and I will be up and over to Labadee before our kids are. Just wondering how that would work if we don't all go together. Thanks for the info.

I am excited that I was just able to book an over the water cabana at Nellies for our cruise in Feb. We were lucky to have a cabana last summer and we were given snorkling equipment to use. There are not a lot of fish in the area but my kids still got a kick out of swimming around looking for the few fish. I think you just need to ask. We certainly were not charged extra for the use of the equipment.

Archived