?? about Nellies/Barefoot Cabanas? Pics here

melbur

Well this thread has been a help for me as well. Thank you. :) Just booked our cabana the other evening at Nellies beach over the water. This is for our Oasis Oct 13 sailing. Booking just opened up for that this past week.

We have 3 couples sharing and look forward to it. I will approach the Concierge on the ship to see if they have any cabanas for a D+ cruiser at Barefoot and see if I can switch. One can hope :) I am on the ship the week before so will check then.

I'll look forward to what you have to say Emmy, I wonder how the snorkeling is off the overwater cabanas? I haven't been to Labadee since 2008.

I'll look forward to what you have to say Emmy, I wonder how the snorkeling is off the overwater cabanas? I haven't been to Labadee since 2008.

Bill I just this minute posted some photos on my Oasis roll call of Labadee in Nov 2008 of them dredging to build the new pier to accommodate Oasis and her sister Allure. They took away my favorite beach there to do that...Hideaway Beach.

Great thread!! thanks to the OP

Hey thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, has really become the go-to spot for info on these particular cabanas (which before this was otherwise a somewhat confusing situation). Made my decision today to book the Nellie's over-water cabana VERY easy ;). Can't wait!

Dh and I were on Oasis last week and found out about the cabana's through all of you nice folks. We hadn't been to labadee in years. I was lucky enough to be looking one morning a week before we left and booked a over the water cabana. We had 2 kids with us. We absolutely loved it and will do it again. Thank you all for the information

Dh and I were on Oasis last week and found out about the cabana's through all of you nice folks. We hadn't been to labadee in years. I was lucky enough to be looking one morning a week before we left and booked a over the water cabana. We had 2 kids with us. We absolutely loved it and will do it again. Thank you all for the information

How was the sun exposure in the cabana itself? Were you able to stay in the shade? Thanks!

Glad this thread exists, and I still think Melanie deserves a nice baseball cap from RCI!:rolleyes:

How was the sun exposure in the cabana itself? Were you able to stay in the shade? Thanks!

Glad this thread exists, and I still think Melanie deserves a nice baseball cap from RCI!:rolleyes:

Karen, I would settle for a keychain:D

Here is a little tidbit of info I also discovered, for what it's worth . . . when we were there in December, in H4 Barefoot, we had alot of shade til mid to late aft, when the sun came around to the front of the cabana. (But still able to get lots of shade on the settee at the back of the cabana.)

When in the same one at Easter, much more sun on the cabana earlier in the day . . . so between the winter solstice and spring equinox the position of the sun really played a difference on the amount of exposure we had.

Karen, I would settle for a keychain:D

Here is a little tidbit of info I also discovered, for what it's worth . . . when we were there in December, in H4 Barefoot, we had alot of shade til mid to late aft, when the sun came around to the front of the cabana. (But still able to get lots of shade on the settee at the back of the cabana.)

When in the same one at Easter, much more sun on the cabana earlier in the day . . . so between the winter solstice and spring equinox the position of the sun really played a difference on the amount of exposure we had.

Thanks! Not being an expert in these things I appreciate your observations. :) I have a keychain with your name on it (well, not literally)!:p

Sun exposure wasn't to bad. The underneath was always shady and the loungers were more shady in the morning as we faced west with view of the ship.

How easy or hard is it to walk from Nellie's to Barefoot for the buffet?

Also, if I reserve a Hillside cabana at Nellie's how hard is the walk up to it? Is there a path, or would we have to walk over rocks?

We had a hillside cabana and found the climb up the hill a Royal pain. If you don't have mobility issues it shouldn't be a problem just a bit strenuous. We reserved a beach side Cabana for our next trip, sacrificing some privacy for easier access to the beach.

Another thread about the cabanas is questioning if the water in the cooler is charged to your sea pass or included in the rental of the cabana. I thought it was included. Just want to be prepared if it appears on my sea pass card. Anyone who has rented a cabana, can you answer this question?

Another thread about the cabanas is questioning if the water in the cooler is charged to your sea pass or included in the rental of the cabana. I thought it was included. Just want to be prepared if it appears on my sea pass card. Anyone who has rented a cabana, can you answer this question?

The water comes with the cabana cost - no extra:)

The water comes with the cabana cost - no extra:)

What about any water or unopened bottles that you don't drink - do they let you bring them back on to the ship? Because that would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't considering that technically you have already paid for them...

What about any water or unopened bottles that you don't drink - do they let you bring them back on to the ship? Because that would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't considering that technically you have already paid for them...

We brought ours back on with us, I don't recall any issues.:)

We brought ours back on with us, I don't recall any issues.:)

You can bring back what you don't use

How many bottles do you get? Are the small or large bottles?

3 x large Evian bottles

Thanks for the answer about the water. Glad to know that it comes with the cabana rental.

Yes thanks for the info, glad RCI doesn't have the nerve to do this, as that would have been a huge slap in the face to those of us who are dropping premium dollars on these cabanas :cool:

Hi. We booked an over the water cabana at Nellies Beach and I am super excited. We are in 3 side by side cabins so I was just wondering if they give you the wristbands before you get off the ship or when you get over to Labadee? I'm sure my husband and I will be up and over to Labadee before our kids are. Just wondering how that would work if we don't all go together. Thanks for the info.

I was also wondering if we get to the cabana before the others, how do they get their wristbands or do we have to get them off the ship with us?

Archived