Luggage Tags

Royal has stooped to a new low in making the guest print their luggage tags. I am sailing on the Freedom in June and they said we are a test market to see how it works. I advise all cruisers to call Royal and complain. This might be enough to make me reconsider Carnival in the future. This is a trivial thing but at the prices they charge they should not look so cheap by not offering preprinted tags.

Royal has stooped to a new low in making the guest print their luggage tags. I am sailing on the Freedom in June and they said we are a test market to see how it works. I advise all cruisers to call Royal and complain. This might be enough to make me reconsider Carnival in the future. This is a trivial thing but at the prices they charge they should not look so cheap by not offering preprinted tags.

Here we go again - this is old news and has been discussed ad nauseum on the boards already. No need to call and complain for me. I´ve done it for years and other cruiselines are doing it succesfully as well. It works like a charm.

Enjoy Carnival in the future.

It wouldn't be that bad, except everyone needs & uses them.

It is pretty cheap of them for shifting such a minimal expense to the passengers just to save a buck.

Now you have these cheap paper bands that rip.

Also, many do not have access to a computer printer..

I just received luggage tags in the mail yesterday for my upcoming cruise. I ordered them on the website when I purchased my cruise.....

I just checked all over the website and my reservation and cannot see where you ordered them. Can you lead me the right direction as where to look please. :)

I do not recall, but I assume you can still get the blank tags at the pier? Anyone confirm?

Absolutely, they have them at the pier. Not everyone orders tags and others forget them.

I just checked all over the website and my reservation and cannot see where you ordered them. Can you lead me the right direction as where to look please. :)

You would need to login and go to your My Cruise's page. This is where you do the online check in and get your e-docs. There will be a link that you click to order luggage tags. If you booked through a travel agent your agent would have to order them for you.

I do not recall, but I assume you can still get the blank tags at the pier? Anyone confirm?

Yes you can. You will need to show the porter your Setsail paperwork so he properly tag your bags to the correct cabin.

You would need to login and go to your My Cruise's page. This is where you do the online check in and get your e-docs. There will be a link that you click to order luggage tags. If you booked through a travel agent your agent would have to order them for you.

Just note that you cannot order them online until your cruise paperwork is available. Once it is you can order them and have them within a week.

RCI is just behind the curve on this one. According to my parents who cruise several different lines regularly and my sister who is a travel agent - this practice has been standard for a while now, even on Carnival. So while we hear you...I don't think you will find too many other lines that mail them to you for free anymore.

Look at the airlines industry...they haven't mailed a ticket for a gazillion years now...and everyone still books flights. Change is tough for some but if and when this becomes a fleet wide decision, this minor hiccup is not going to keep my family from cruising. But if you want to "protest" printing tags, then don't print them. It's really that simple... just don't print them. And for an extra 2 mins of your time at the pier, the porters will tag your bags anyway.

There will be a link that you click to order luggage tags.

Am I the only one not seeing this link??? Paid in full, printed the Set & Sail passes, where to look for the luggage request info???

This might be enough to make me reconsider Carnival in the future.

Wow.

In all my cruises I have never ONCE bothered with any sort of luggage tag whatsoever. Cruised out of Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Pt. Canaveral and South Hampton. Show the porter my papers, and in about three seconds, he has attached a tag. No muss, no fuss.

I get it. Some people get all excited when the luggage tags arrive. It makes it more real, more imminent. But I think the OP might have gone over the deep end.

Seriously folks, take a deep breath, you never need to hassle with a luggage tag again.....

Princess also has had "print yourself" tags for several years and at first there were SO many complaints such as "I don't want to have to do a crafts project to attach my luggage tag." Now that it's the norm, people don't complain so much.

But I have to laugh because there is currently a Celebrity thread where someone COMPLAINED that they had to click "order tags" and fill out their address so they could be sent!! Some of the posters said "Why can't they just do the print your own tags w/ the edocs?"

Some days, even if you're a cruise line, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

Am I the only one not seeing this link??? Paid in full, printed the Set & Sail passes, where to look for the luggage request info???

It's on the tab labeled Cruise Documentation and only appears on the right side when ready. Maybe you are too far out still. Mine isn't there yet for my upcoming sailing either. I am paid in full and can print the set sail pass also BUT my cruise documents have not been issued yet. See where it says "Guest Vacation Documents" on that same page? When RCI releases those to you it should appear then. You'll get an email saying they've been issued. (if I'm remembering correctly from my previous cruise:rolleyes:)

SORRY, but this is one cruiser who will not take your "advice" and call Royal to complain. I find that it is no big deal if I have to print out my own luggage tags. I have done it on Carnival and on Royal Carrribean and will continue to do so if that is what it will take to get me on a ship.

If something this small, affects you this much I am wondering how you will react to something major happening in your life; for example; cancer, major injuries due to a wreck, loss of job, etc.

Princess required us to print out our own tags...no big deal. I didn't mind doing it at all. As someone else mentioned, if you can't print them out, then you can get blank ones from the porters at the pier.

It's on the tab labeled Cruise Documentation and only appears on the right side when ready. Maybe you are too far out still. Mine isn't there yet for my upcoming sailing either. I am paid in full and can print the set sail pass also BUT my cruise documents have not been issued yet. See where it says "Guest Vacation Documents" on that same page? When RCI releases those to you it should appear then. You'll get an email saying they've been issued. (if I'm remembering correctly from my previous cruise:rolleyes:)

THANK you for putting my mind at ease, Song and Dance!

It never seizes to amaze me how tiny things can upset people this much. If you want five-star service, go to five-star cruise line.

Or Carnival, I mean that has to be a step up ;)

I just received luggage tags in the mail yesterday for my upcoming cruise. I ordered them on the website when I purchased my cruise.....

I just received mine as well. I think it was in my cruise documents e-mail.

Archived