Luggage Tags

In case somebody didn't know I just got this from an inside source within RCI and my source is pretty reliable. I probably shouldn't be giving this information but here it is. If you order tags or if you print tags or if the porter at the pier do the tags............. Your bags will make it onto the ship! Glad I could be of a help to all! Happy Cruising!

:cool:

love it!!!!

=-)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I missed this thread when it first came out. I got an email from our TA today about FOS and Monarch losing their pre-printed tags as test cases. I for one will be calling and complaining. I hope many more folks do likewise.

The nice adhesive luggage tags were one of the little niceties that I first noticed when we started cruising with RCI. CCL has been making us print the chintzy, cheap looking tags for years now (and I hate it). I know it's a small thing, but that is also why it seems so silly to eliminate them.

The constant watering down of the product has to stop. I know talking about raising fares is tantamount to blasphemy in the cruising world, but how much farther will the cost cutting go? In a few more years we'll be cleaning our own rooms and eating MRE's in the MDR.

... The nice adhesive luggage tags were one of the little niceties that I first noticed when we started cruising with RCI. CCL has been making us print the chintzy, cheap looking tags for years now (and I hate it). I know it's a small thing, but that is also why it seems so silly to eliminate them.

The constant watering down of the product has to stop ... but how much farther will the cost cutting go? In a few more years we'll be cleaning our own rooms and eating MRE's in the MDR.

+1 For our sailings with NCL, we do online checkin and print our eDocs, but they still mail our nice, pre-printed luggage tags bar-coded w. names & cabin, etc. Yet, other fellow pax. are DIY all the way & yes, porters at the piers are very good & making out tags and getting them delivered to the cabins (tipping doesn't hurt, of course)

We booked our recent RCCL via travel agent and received pre-printed luggage & bar-coded luggage tags for use about 6 or 8 week out, months after final payment & email reminding us that we can & need to do online check-in prior to printing our eDocs, tags & MDT, etc. etc.

DIY printed tags on 20 lbs. paper stock are prone to getting ripped & damaged and we wait till the last hours before showing up at the piers to put them on (hotel front desk clerks are used to seeing guest borrowing staplers & tapes at popular cruise ports) & we keep a little bit of clear parcel packaging tapes handy for such use (useful for other "emergency" repairs on the go)

When we finally logged in to re-check everything online, the "button" to print the luggage tags were blinking AND another "button" or icon to order tags from RCCL instead - that was less than 30 days before sailing.

Had the upgrade fairy called last minute (wasn't expecting such this time around nor did they - did "registered" our contact info, just in case) and changed cabin/deck assignments - we would end up self-printing new luggage tags anyway ...

As for "watering" down - yup, those diluted apple & orange juice being served onboard sure tasted funny & fit right in the scheme of everything else ...

I believe that Royal Caribbean is stopping their practice of sending out pre printed, adhesive style baggage tags as of July 1st.

In preperation for the swithover, we went online and found a source for luggage tag holders, made from plastic.

Princess makes you print out your own tags, and we decided to invest in something that we can reuse in the future, hence the purchase of the plastic tag holders.

Very nifty!!

If anyone wants the website for them, let me know.:)

Rick

Luggage tags are becoming no longer with RCCL.

I am sailing in 30 days on the Monarch (girls' trip) and no luggage tabs will be sent even when edocs are available.

The "order luggage tag button" is no more.

We sailed on the Jewel in March and they were sent to our home.

RCCL is phasing it out so some ships may still be printing but it won't be long before all ships will NOT have luggage tags ordered and sent via snail mail.

Just another cost cutting measure by them......:(

I have an entire package of luggage tags double shipped for our Enchantment cruise 2 weeks ago, if you'd like to take them. :D

My TA ordered them for me, and for some reason I got two sets of tags.

My DW was ecstatic! - "Wow! she says, now I can bring 12 suitcases on board". :p

It must be for certain ships.I leave out on the Allure on June 17th and my luggage tags were mailed.

For now it's just Monarch and Freedom. They are testing the waters to see how many complaints they get. Hopefully they get A LOT of complaints, mine will be one of them. ;)

I believe that Royal Caribbean is stopping their practice of sending out pre printed, adhesive style baggage tags as of July 1st.

In preperation for the swithover, we went online and found a source for luggage tag holders, made from plastic.

Princess makes you print out your own tags, and we decided to invest in something that we can reuse in the future, hence the purchase of the plastic tag holders.

Very nifty!!

Rick

Hook me up with that link please Rick. I have the sinking feeling that this will still go fleetwide eventually, regardless of how many complaints they get.

My email is beemerrider007 (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

We've just done IOS and had to make our own - printed, used tape etc and had great fun with them

When we arrived by car, those with tags were guided to one queue and those without another - they got out, talked to a nice man with their cruise docs and he made them for them

Yes it was a damned nuisance but it made use of a good old british TV chiildrens programme from when I was young with sticky backed plastic - glad I watched it from age 4 to 8 - otherwise - how would I have coped having to make my own tags!! - lol

I will be on FOS in 4 weeks. There is no link on my docs to print luggage tags. The only luggage tag is on page 31 of the documents but when I tried to print that it didn't work. I talked to someone at RC who said a test was being done on FOS and if I am unable to print the tags to just get them at the pier.

Looks like their test is not working.

I just received luggage tags in the mail yesterday for my upcoming cruise. I ordered them on the website when I purchased my cruise.....

I got mine too! As a matter of fact, I got TWO mailings with luggage tags in them! :D

Princess also has had "print yourself" tags for several years and at first there were SO many complaints such as "I don't want to have to do a crafts project to attach my luggage tag." Now that it's the norm, people don't complain so much.

But I have to laugh because there is currently a Celebrity thread where someone COMPLAINED that they had to click "order tags" and fill out their address so they could be sent!! Some of the posters said "Why can't they just do the print your own tags w/ the edocs?"

Some days, even if you're a cruise line, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

lol!

SORRY, but this is one cruiser who will not take your "advice" and call Royal to complain. I find that it is no big deal if I have to print out my own luggage tags. I have done it on Carnival and on Royal Carrribean and will continue to do so if that is what it will take to get me on a ship.

If something this small, affects you this much I am wondering how you will react to something major happening in your life; for example; cancer, major injuries due to a wreck, loss of job, etc.

It's quite possible that the OP IS dealing with one or more of those major issue and the luggage tag thing threw him/her off....sometimes it's the little things. ;)

I guess I missed this thread when it first came out. I got an email from our TA today about FOS and Monarch losing their pre-printed tags as test cases. I for one will be calling and complaining. I hope many more folks do likewise.

The nice adhesive luggage tags were one of the little niceties that I first noticed when we started cruising with RCI. CCL has been making us print the chintzy, cheap looking tags for years now (and I hate it). I know it's a small thing, but that is also why it seems so silly to eliminate them.

The constant watering down of the product has to stop. I know talking about raising fares is tantamount to blasphemy in the cruising world, but how much farther will the cost cutting go? In a few more years we'll be cleaning our own rooms and eating MRE's in the MDR.

I don't know when this is being implemented, but FYI, I am sailing on the Monarch on Monday and I got two mailings each with 8 pre-printed luggage tags. ;)

Very nifty!!

Rick

We just sailed on Princess and printed ours and got the plastic holders and they worked perfectly! Great item!

Just did a search on Google for Cruise Luggage Tag Holders and the reusable ones that I use on all my cruises comes up at the top. They have a grommet and have held up very well for a couple of years now. Would give a link but I don't think CC is allowing it. The company is Favors By Serendipity.

Just did a search on Google for Cruise Luggage Tag Holders and the reusable ones that I use on all my cruises comes up at the top. They have a grommet and have held up very well for a couple of years now. Would give a link but I don't think CC is allowing it. The company is Favors By Serendipity.

The only thing that is not allowed is to name travel agents.

I don't know when this is being implemented, but FYI, I am sailing on the Monarch on Monday and I got two mailings each with 8 pre-printed luggage tags. ;)

We got luggage tags we did not order! We were B2B and did not need them but RCL sent them anyway. Waste of money and paper......

No Big deal. Luggage tags are printed. Don't worry, Be Happy!!!!!

Then why did you start this complaint thread?! :rolleyes:

AFAIC, this is a non-issue. There are a heckuva lot more things I could lose sleep over concerning my vacation. This is so not one of them. :D

Then why did you AFAIC, this is a non-issue. There are a heckuva lot more things I could lose sleep over concerning my vacation. This is so not one of them. :D

I'm with you. I think maybe some people just feel the need to be indignant for indignant's sake....

Seriously, like I've said before, I've never once used them in any way, shape or form. The porter looks at my room number and takes care of it. No delay, no hassle.

I hope all cruise lines end this silly practice of providing luggage tags in any form, mailed, printed or otherwise. It's an entirely unnecessary process that in now way improves the efficiency of the operation.

Archived