Luggage Tags

Mine arrived in the mail last week. It would save a lot of money for them to quit mailing them and let you print your own or get them at the dock. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. They sent me two sets the last time I cruised with them.

In case somebody didn't know I just got this from an inside source within RCI and my source is pretty reliable. I probably shouldn't be giving this information but here it is. If you order tags or if you print tags or if the porter at the pier do the tags............. Your bags will make it onto the ship! Glad I could be of a help to all! Happy Cruising!

:cool:

Our last 2 cruises were on Holland ships and had to print our own tags, I did not mind in the least. One tip, when printing the tags uses photo paper, works great.

That's a good idea. Photo paper is a little more durable than standard printing paper.

Royal has stooped to a new low in making the guest print their luggage tags. I am sailing on the Freedom in June and they said we are a test market to see how it works. I advise all cruisers to call Royal and complain. This might be enough to make me reconsider Carnival in the future. This is a trivial thing but at the prices they charge they should not look so cheap by not offering preprinted tags.

Go ahead and reconsider Carnival......they have been using the luggage tags that you print out yourself for a long time.

We have just completed our first cruise with print your own luggage labels and it was fine! Our suitcases got to our cabin before we did. Just print them off, cover them in clear sticky tape and then staple to your case, it's so easy!

I don't understand what the fuss is about

CK x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered them on line. How many do they send?? No place to request a certain # that you need.

You get a sheet with 8 tags! No wonder they are canning them, as I know people on here say they order 2 sets, why on earth you would need 16 tags I don't know.

Print from e-doc on all Royal ships now according to previous threads and print yourself only on Independence at the moment in the UK.

Princess also has had "print yourself" tags for several years and at first there were SO many complaints such as "I don't want to have to do a crafts project to attach my luggage tag." Now that it's the norm, people don't complain so much.

But I have to laugh because there is currently a Celebrity thread where someone COMPLAINED that they had to click "order tags" and fill out their address so they could be sent!! Some of the posters said "Why can't they just do the print your own tags w/ the edocs?"

Some days, even if you're a cruise line, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

LOL, you read my mind. I just finished reading the Celebrity luggage tag post. Really, a move to Carnival because of a luggage tag. I don't think so, been there done that, got the T-shirt,won't do that again.;)

LOL, you read my mind. I just finished reading the Celebrity luggage tag post. Really, a move to Carnival because of a luggage tag. I don't think so, been there done that, got the T-shirt,won't do that again.;)

Amazing isn't it, I thought that the ships and the crew were the reason for sailing on X, not the fact you can still get a sticky bag tag!

Royal has stooped to a new low in making the guest print their luggage tags. I am sailing on the Freedom in June and they said we are a test market to see how it works. I advise all cruisers to call Royal and complain. This might be enough to make me reconsider Carnival in the future. This is a trivial thing but at the prices they charge they should not look so cheap by not offering preprinted tags.

My husband got his tags, my daughter and I did not. I went online and reordered them and also reached out to my TA. He call RC and they are "expediting", but told me about the manual tags at the pier. Not worried... no big deal.. although I do like having the pre-printed color tags and it is a bit more real - 10 days to go on OASIS!!!!

You have to wait until your cruise documents are ready. Not sure how far out you are but I would say maybe 2-3 months before cruise. Then when in RCI website in the my cruises section (you will have to create an account if you haven't already), go to your reservation for said cruise. Then on right side you will see says Cruise Documentation. Click on Check status. The luggage tag option will be there. This is where I order every time with no problems.

39 days out from a cruise on FOS and there is no button for ordering luggage tags, we had to print them out from our E-docs - No Biggie. Covered them with packing tape for extra sturdiness. We're flying in to Orlando so we're not going to attach them til we get there. Didn't want to drag a stapler along so I had an idea - Putting a wide piece of double sided tape on the back. We'll remove the backing when we get there and stick the tags together just like the airlines do.

39 days out from a cruise on FOS and there is no button for ordering luggage tags, we had to print them out from our E-docs - No Biggie. Covered them with packing tape for extra sturdiness. We're flying in to Orlando so we're not going to attach them til we get there. Didn't want to drag a stapler along so I had an idea - Putting a wide piece of double sided tape on the back. We'll remove the backing when we get there and stick the tags together just like the airlines do.

LOVE the double sided tape idea!!!

You would need to login and go to your My Cruise's page. This is where you do the online check in and get your e-docs. There will be a link that you click to order luggage tags. If you booked through a travel agent your agent would have to order them for you.

You were on target up until the travel agent part. We were still able to order tags on line despite booking with a TA. I've been able to order them anywhere from 42 to 49 days out. A TA recently told me that sometimes the option will not appear until 35 days out.

And for those who complain that some have no printer, those same people have to get their boarding passes when they show up at the airport. Picking up luggage tags at the dock is easier than showing up at the airport with no boarding pass.

Don't know what you are talking about but we just had or tags mailed to us.

Of the many things they could be charging us for, this is nothing. Thank god they haven't gone the same route as airlines and took away the most basic things like free checked luggage or free cabin picking before the cruise.

I just received luggage tags in the mail yesterday for my upcoming cruise. I ordered them on the website when I purchased my cruise.....

That is because your cruise is in May.

I have the Monarch booked for May 28th, and I received the luggage tags in the mail. I also have the FOS mooked for June 4th, and I received a page in my e-docs with a luggage tag that needs to be printed. I am pretty sure June 1st is the date they stopped shipping luggage tags.

I have printed my luggage tags on white card stock and will put them reusable luggage holders

Archived