Concerned after the Freedom/tobacco incident

I am also a little concerned. My DD does not sweat. She has a Isothermic vest. Its freezes at 55 and honestly it looks suspicouse. She has a pink vest we velcro the "frozen" packs in. We always carry it on in a cooler backpack.

Last year we did not have any problems. We froze it for airline travel and sure the TSA checked it but it went thru no problem. Now I have to worry about the people at PC. thinking its something other than it is.

this is what it is

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355249

Should I have her carry or wear it on board?

I am also a little concerned. My DD does not sweat. She has a Isothermic vest. Its freezes at 55 and honestly it looks suspicouse. She has a pink vest we velcro the "frozen" packs in. We always carry it on in a cooler backpack.

Last year we did not have any problems. We froze it for airline travel and sure the TSA checked it but it went thru no problem. Now I have to worry about the people at PC. thinking its something other than it is.

this is what it is

Carry it on as you usually do, don't let this one incident make you nervous. If security at the port wants to see it, let them. Just tell them what it is, they have probably seen one already anyway. If you are that concerned, have a letter from her doctor saying that she needs it.

I have taken on cigars many times...you have nothing to worry about. I use a travel humidor and put them in my carry-on...even have my torch lighter and cutter in the same bag.....never once was I questioned or even asked to take them out for inspection.

All correct, however, remember that if you fly to the port, your torch lighter will confiscated if TSA sees it in a carry-on (checked bag is ok).

Also, because I am psycho, I bring a small digital hygrometer (actually, it just lives in my travel humidor.)

Finally, re.: Cubans

By the strict letter of the law, a US citizen is not to purchase Cuban cigars period. Anywhere. Full stop. End of story.

And I, for one fully support and comply with that law (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.)

Trout

On my upcoming cruise I will be bringing a case (10) of cigars for my friends. The concern is they are packaged in individual aluminum tubes. I hate to think what they look like to a scanner! Should I put them in my suitcase or carry on. I'm thinking carry on so I can address any concerns.

I've done this many times and have never had a problem. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I know this is slightly off-topic (sorry) but.....after a previous cruise....

As a Canadian overnighting in a US port after a cruise with both Cuban rum & Cuban cigars in my possession, how long would I have gone to jail for?

Soak your cigars in vodka for a week, re-pack them in the aluminum tubes. get ot your cabin, then wring out your cigars...presto! You have smuggled your booze onboard, put your cigars on the balcony in the sun, let them dry and you are all set for the entire cruise!!!!

As a Canadian overnighting in a US port after a cruise with both Cuban rum & Cuban cigars in my possession, how long would I have gone to jail for?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's a civil fine. Might be pretty hefty too.

this is what it is

I too would suggest you carry it on as you have done in the past. I also, due to situations that seem to have occurred, get a statement from her Doctor explaining what it is and why she has it.

Tim

From what I read on the back of the US customs form non-US citizens only have to declare the items that are not going to remain in the US. It is illegal for US citizen to bring Cuban cigars into the US but I don't know if it's illegal for non citizens to carry them through the US when traveling home.

From what I read on the back of the US customs form non-US citizens only have to declare the items that are not going to remain in the US. It is illegal for US citizen to bring Cuban cigars into the US but I don't know if it's illegal for non citizens to carry them through the US when traveling home.

It's illegal to bring them into the States, full stop.

BBT - up to 10 years. As well as the $250,000 fine :)

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/36/~/importing-cuban-cigars

Archived