Inside room on deck below pool deck

cruisue

Has anyone ever been in a mid-deck inside cabin that is located below the deck where the pools are? Have you noticed noise at night from the water hitting up and down if the water gets rough? Actually, although we've been on many cruises, I'm wondering if the pools are drained each night? Never thought about it before!

We always book under the pool deck...have never had a noise issue. Your ceiling is NOT the bottom of the pool! Some folks hear chairs being moved, but we've never been bothered....any noises are short-lived and haven't kept us awake!

The pools aren't always drained nightly....but they are cleaned regularly.

Has anyone ever been in a mid-deck inside cabin that is located below the deck where the pools are? Have you noticed noise at night from the water hitting up and down if the water gets rough? Actually, although we've been on many cruises, I'm wondering if the pools are drained each night? Never thought about it before!

No, I haven't been in such a cabin, but yes, the pools are drained at night.

No, I haven't been in such a cabin, but yes, the pools are drained at night.

I have never seen any pool on a ship drained at night.

And I actually go to the decks and walk around late.

I have no idea why people say these things??

I have never seen any pool on a ship drained at night.

And I actually go to the decks and walk around late.

I have no idea why people say these things??

People say them because it's true. Why do people say something doesn't happen, just because they've never seen it?

If a cruiseline has a salt water pool, it's drained every night and refilled. Freshwater pools are also drained, just not every night.

OP appears to be on/considering Carnival, and question was answered for Carnival. Saltwater pools are drained and refilled daily.

People say them because it's true. Why do people say something doesn't happen, just because they've never seen it?

If a cruiseline has a salt water pool, it's drained every night and refilled. Freshwater pools are also drained, just not every night.

OP appears to be on/considering Carnival, and question was answered for Carnival. Saltwater pools are drained and refilled daily.

I have been on deck at 3AM and the pools are always full.

They just put a net over them to keep people out.

matj2000, you haven't been on all cruise lines- how they handle cleaning the pools varies by line. We also have not sailed all lines, but the ones we have been on do clean at night- not every night- and sometimes also close one pool on home port day for a thorough cleaning.

Changing the water takes a very short time, particularly if using salt water. It is quite possible the water was switched out in less than an hour. Ships also make their own fresh water, and in locations where fresh water is cheap, take on enough for refilling their pools.

Also, cleaning the pool, and putting in fresh water is two different things. The pool walls don't get scrubbed every day- they don't need to be to meet industry standards for safety and healthy conditions.

Our last cruise was under the pool deck. We did hear the sounds of charis being moved occasionally (depending, I guess, on how tired we were, did we drink much (usually not), etc). I will aslo say that the noise wasn't a bother, just something we occasionally heard.

As to being "under a pool"; I'm pretty sure that the on the deck under the pool deck, the areas under the pool are not cabins, just the bottom part of the pool (surrounded by crew space). Hence, if you're really concerned about being under a pool, don't book an inside cabine TWO decks under the pool.

Actually, in the end, I've NEVER been in a BAD cabin (crossing fingers as I type...13 days before my next cruise)

Archived