Miss the ocean..going thru withdrawals!!!

As a compromise with dear hubby, I have agreed to use the rest of the vacation money for 2012 for land trips. We are going to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend and Vegas later this year. I went on a wonderful cruise in February of this year and I have a deposit on the Breakaway in June 2013. That being said, I am really having a hard time not scheming to find some way to take another cruise later this year or beginning of next year. I am not sure I can wait until next June! Any suggestions on how to get over this! I really know now that I am an addict!! LOL. Hubby likes to cruise but not as much as I do. I am sure I will have fun on the other trips but I am just obsessed with cruising. I need a support group:rolleyes:

I feel your pain, cruisecrazyk! It was just under two years from booking until my next cruise. I love coming to these boards, but sometimes find them lacking what I need (I know, I need a cruise, not just cruise talk at times like this!)

I agree, we need a support group! :(

find a cheap 3 day cruise somewhere just to feed your craving. book an inside stateroom and id say it can be like 2 or 3 hundred bucks. DO IT!!!

This is what I did with my wife. She's a 1 cruise per year kind of person. We have one booked for Sept 2013. That's just too far away. I talked her into a 3 day Bahamas which became a 4 day Bahamas.

I'm in on the support group. Let me know when and where.

We just got back from Boston to Bermuda on the Dawn this past Friday and rebooked another one the same day.

Now I have to wait another whole year.....AGAIN!! I honestly think a three day cruise would be torture for me. Seven days is short enough already. I don't know how you all can bear taking them. It must be over in a blink! :)

~Cindy

I honestly think a three day cruise would be torture for me. Seven days is short enough already. I don't know how you all can bear taking them. It must be over in a blink!

Well, in my case, the options were the 4-day cruise I have booked for January or no cruise. I took the 4-day and booked a suite w/o telling her. ;)

As a compromise with dear hubby, I have agreed to use the rest of the vacation money for 2012 for land trips. We are going to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend and Vegas later this year. I went on a wonderful cruise in February of this year and I have a deposit on the Breakaway in June 2013. That being said, I am really having a hard time not scheming to find some way to take another cruise later this year or beginning of next year. I am not sure I can wait until next June! Any suggestions on how to get over this! I really know now that I am an addict!! LOL. Hubby likes to cruise but not as much as I do. I am sure I will have fun on the other trips but I am just obsessed with cruising. I need a support group:rolleyes:

I can't help you. I am the same....Keep scheming is my advice :D

I think its safe to say, we are all cruise addicts here! I did not cruise last year and I need it bad! I am counting down the days until September. I totally understand and feel your pain. :)

Enlarge the support group! Only home a week after being on Pearl two weeks (would have loved to stay on longer). Only land trips planned the rest of this year and nothing set yet for another cruise. Makes one envious of those who live near a port where they can go quickly!

Enlarge the support group! Only home a week after being on Pearl two weeks (would have loved to stay on longer). Only land trips planned the rest of this year and nothing set yet for another cruise. Makes one envious of those who live near a port where they can go quickly!

I'm spitting distance from the Norfolk Cruise Terminal. The only ship departing from there is the Carnival Glory and it only goes to the Bahamas or CTNs. I'm flying to Miami to catch a NCL ship to the Bahamas.

The Norwegian Dawn is coming through on a port call though in November. Might drop into the pier and see the outside of the ship.

You would think after several cruises this PCD would slow down...that you'd get bored of cruising.

You don't....

I just got off a 15 day cruise and I too, miss that view that was outside my balcony window. We cruised to Hawaii (from Dan Diego) and were on the sea for days with no land in sight.

I had never been happier.

I live very close to the ocean, which is wonderful no doubt...however, nothing beats being ON the ocean.

Nothing.

I am very much looking forward to my next cruise...and the cruise after that one and looking forward to planning the one following THAT one.

:rolleyes:

There is no hope......

OK, I think a 10-step program is in order. (Or should it be 12 step? What is AA?) Doesn't matter, we can have a 10-step program to start, and see if it needs to go higher than that. (get it, steps, higher....)

Anyway, what should the first step be? Should the steps be to get over the cruise or to work towards the next cruise? My thoughts for the first step is to book a cruise within two weeks of returning from your cruise. With the FCC you purchased during your last cruise. Check your latitudes level, and offers NCL currently has for latitudes members to see how may points you can get with the next booking. See if you can jump a latitude level with just one booking?

OK, who's got step two?

I am glad I am not alone:o. Hubby thinks I am a little strange loving cruising this much! He enjoys it also but I am the planning person in all of this. Just to think this all started so innocently in 2002 when I was awarded a cruise on the Carnival Fascination by my company. I had never cruised before and was not sure I would even like it. It was a 4 day cruise and had so much fun and it was so relaxing. My life changed forever. Who knew? Love hearing more of your thoughts. I wish I lived close to a port in Fl. :cool:

I am glad I am not alone:o. Hubby thinks I am a little strange loving cruising this much! He enjoys it also but I am the planning person in all of this.

My wife likes to say "Honey, not all of our vacations have to be a cruise." But she enjoys them all the same. :)

Check your latitudes level' date=' and offers NCL currently has for latitudes members to see how may points you can get with the next booking. See if you can jump a latitude level with just one booking?[/quote']

Looking at their online example, I'd love to be able to get the 4 points per night, but the Insider Offers for the cruises I want are never 9+ months out.

I might have a 3 points per night coming up assuming that my PCC got her math right. :)

My DH is the same way, cruisecrazyk. I do the planning, he thinks I'm crazy. But he does end up enjoying the fruits of my labor. Just wish it could be more often.

He once asked me why I liked cruising so much, and I said because I get to enjoy it, too. Any other vacation is a chore to me. Decide where to eat, what to eat, how far to drive, what to do during the day, push him to get up out of bed and on the road if we're driving, etc.

On a cruise I can leave him sleep as long as he wants, but it has no impact on me or my plans. I'm not tethered!

I feel your pain. The only cure for me is this web site and booking another cruise. I had a 50th birthday celebration planned in January 2013 for Vegas but cancelled and booked an 11 day cruise in a Penthouse Suite :)

I feel your pain. The only cure for me is this web site and booking another cruise. I had a 50th birthday celebration planned in January 2013 for Vegas but cancelled and booked an 11 day cruise in a Penthouse Suite :)

Wow, good decision!

My mother and I have taken 4 cruises in the past 2 years and we love it so much that we have 2 cruises for this year, 7 days to bermuda from Boston on 5/18 and a 14 day cruise to canada out of boston on 10/5. And then 2 cruises set for 2013, 16 day trans-atlantic from New Orleans to Copenhagen in April 2013 and a 12 day Transatlantic from Copenhagen to Miami in October. i'm also planning 2 more cruise for 2014 but don't know where yet. My mother loves the sea days and I enjoy just relaxing and doing nothing

I am craving the ocean also! Needing a cruise and biting ourselves in the butt for not doing the onboard special of paying $100 to get $250. We told ourselves after taking two vacations in a row on a cruise that our next vacation would be somewhere different, but after 6 months we realized there's no way we can go another year without taking another cruise! Such problems, I know...

I am craving the ocean also! Needing a cruise and biting ourselves in the butt for not doing the onboard special of paying $100 to get $250. We told ourselves after taking two vacations in a row on a cruise that our next vacation would be somewhere different, but after 6 months we realized there's no way we can go another year without taking another cruise! Such problems, I know...

I tried to talk my wife into this on our last cruise. She wouldn't do it. Insisted we didn't know when we'd be cruising again. We now have two booked in the next year. :)

OK' date=' I think a 10-step program is in order. (Or should it be 12 step? What is AA?) Doesn't matter, we can have a 10-step program to start, and see if it needs to go higher than that. (get it, steps, higher....)

Anyway, what should the first step be? Should the steps be to get over the cruise or to work towards the next cruise? My thoughts for the first step is to book a cruise within two weeks of returning from your cruise. With the FCC you purchased during your last cruise. Check your latitudes level, and offers NCL currently has for latitudes members to see how may points you can get with the next booking. See if you can jump a latitude level with just one booking?

OK, who's got step two?[/quote']

Step 2----buy 1 new item to wear on your next cruise.

Archived