Miss the ocean..going thru withdrawals!!!

As a compromise with dear hubby, I have agreed to use the rest of the vacation money for 2012 for land trips. We are going to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend and Vegas later this year. I went on a wonderful cruise in February of this year and I have a deposit on the Breakaway in June 2013. That being said, I am really having a hard time not scheming to find some way to take another cruise later this year or beginning of next year. I am not sure I can wait until next June! Any suggestions on how to get over this! I really know now that I am an addict!! LOL. Hubby likes to cruise but not as much as I do. I am sure I will have fun on the other trips but I am just obsessed with cruising. I need a support group:rolleyes:

At least Charleston is by the ocean. You will get to see it.

Being that you are in Charlston you can drive south or north you are still on the eastern coast. I would keep checking NCL inside offers & book something they have some last minutes sometimes. I sailed in Feb with DD & GS(4), & I am looking forward to sailing with DH in Oct. My 2 cents book one.

Step 2----buy 1 new item to wear on your next cruise.

Good one, Barb.

Wish I lived close to a cruise port, I'd be all over those last-minute deals, too! That is as long as I had vacation time to take off from work.

Maybe number three should be plan to retire near a cruise port to be able to take advantage of the last-minute deals!

I just looked at the video posted by Bakerintn and thought it was hilerious. Yes I would not want to be on that ship!! 13 more months to go until my next one! I will still check out the deals though. The only cure is another cruise!

Download the NCL ringtone! I have it on my Iphone. Love it!:)

I too have the ringtone... love it.

Went to a tricky tray and won a ship tour with lunch on another cruise line for earlier today. Had a good time. Realized I REALLY like NCL.

(I already knew this, but needed to confirm!)The travel agent I went with was asking me questions at the end of the tour, to compare that ship and line to my cruises on ncl. Well the floodgates opened! I went on and on about what was great about ncl and how I thought this ship didn;t compare.

I went on about the suite perks and over everything that my knowlegeable friends here on cc, (my fellow addicts!)have taught me over the past year. She then asked what I did for a living. Then told me to call her next week to seriously talk to her about a job working for her because I knew so much and she thinks I wouldn't have any problems selling cruises!! Only adding to my addiction!:o

She then asked what I did for a living. Then told me to call her next week to seriously talk to her about a job working for her because I knew so much and she thinks I wouldn't have any problems selling cruises!! Only adding to my addiction!:o

OMG, munchkin002, that is fabulous! And I think you've come up with #4: become a TA and sell cruises so you can talk cruising every day! :D

I feel the same way.. I was meant to be on the water...

We have found a happy medium.... We tie a land trip around a cruise.. So a week before or after on land, then a week or more cruise.. It works out really well for us and everybody is happy... Our next cruise in July is surrounded by a week before in France and then a week on the ship followed by a three day wind down before flying home....

Hope you can manage to fit another one in....

Wendy:)

Download the NCL ringtone! I have it on my Iphone. Love it!:)

Do you have to download using computer? I am having no luck trying to download straight from my iPhone. It's frustrating. I need step by step help...I can't get it to work and I can't find the song in ITunes. I clicked on the link a few posts back and that didn't help. It said download now or whatever. But nothing happened.

Spend a night or two sleeping down in the basement's waterbed.

It will help if we remodel the window next to this sleeping area for the occassional out-of-town guest(s) to simulate the porthole views with matching curtains, and a small, wooden coffee table.

Heck, if airlines have flight simulators for training the pilots & crews, we can come up with a simulator for cruising - especially to prepare for motion sickness sailing in rough waters & training those "sea legs", LOL. Furnishings and cabinets, etc. to match would be cool ...

Do you have to download using computer? I am having no luck trying to download straight from my iPhone. It's frustrating. I need step by step help...I can't get it to work and I can't find the song in ITunes. I clicked on the link a few posts back and that didn't help. It said download now or whatever. But nothing happened.

I had to download it to my computer and then had to open Itunes and download and sync your Iphone to Itunes. It took me a little trial and error to figure it out.

After reading all of this wonderful conversation about the crusin craze, I am more determined to get on a boat.

So my suggestion is that Step 1 should be " just admit that I am powerless over my love for cruising" and just book one. (lol)

Had a great time and enjoyed Charleston. Lots to do. Got to see the ocean but no harbor cruise for me thanks to T.S. Beryl. Very windy yesterday and high surf. Luckily no rain by the time we left. Nice 3 day weekend with shopping, walking and carriage history/ghost tours.:) (Still need some cruise time)

• 1 month later...

OK, I finally downloaded the ringtone also. But you wouldn't believe what I had to go through to do it! A trip to store to buy larger memory card for phone, download a new program, then go to YouTube to.get 30-second version, then upload that to ringtone app . Then assign to contact!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

As a compromise with dear hubby, I have agreed to use the rest of the vacation money for 2012 for land trips. We are going to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend and Vegas later this year. I went on a wonderful cruise in February of this year and I have a deposit on the Breakaway in June 2013. That being said, I am really having a hard time not scheming to find some way to take another cruise later this year or beginning of next year. I am not sure I can wait until next June! Any suggestions on how to get over this! I really know now that I am an addict!! LOL. Hubby likes to cruise but not as much as I do. I am sure I will have fun on the other trips but I am just obsessed with cruising. I need a support group:rolleyes:

You are lucky that you at least have a cruise booked. We are in the unenviable position of not having the budget for any cruises at all because of unexpected major maintenance repairs. (Our limited retirement income doesn't allow much leeway for cruise budgeting). :(

At least I have the memory of more than a dozen cruises, including an awesome 33 day b2b2b cruise on the Sun 20 months ago. :)

That, and this board, keeps me sane. I drool on the brochures that NCL and other cruise lines send. ;)

I am glad I am not alone:o. Hubby thinks I am a little strange loving cruising this much! He enjoys it also but I am the planning person in all of this. Just to think this all started so innocently in 2002 when I was awarded a cruise on the Carnival Fascination by my company. I had never cruised before and was not sure I would even like it. It was a 4 day cruise and had so much fun and it was so relaxing. My life changed forever. Who knew? Love hearing more of your thoughts. I wish I lived close to a port in Fl. :cool:

Our story is similar. I was the December 1998 winner of a cruise given away by Frommer.com the Frommer Guidebook site. The prize was a 4 day Southern Caribbean cruise including airfare to/from San Juan Puerto Rico.

We had never cruised before and weren't sure we'd like it. Well, the experience created a cruising monster since we discovered we LOVE cruising. So we've been on more than a dozen cruises since then, including 5 ta's because we love the relaxation of sea days.

Now, not to be able to afford to book a cruise is killing us. We're hoping that maybe by 2014 we can book one to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have the FCC for it. :)

We live in the southwest which means that flying to any port involves a connecting flight. The cost of airfare means that short cruises are not cheap for us because of the cost of flights.

We live in the southwest which means that flying to any port involves a connecting flight. The cost of airfare means that short cruises are not cheap because of the cost of flights.

I'm in the mid-Atlantic and I'm not in a much better position. Going from Norfolk or from Newport News airports (the two closest to me) to anywhere involves a connecting flight unless you want to go to a hub airport. :(

We have a 4 day Bahamas cruise booked on the Sky in January. Holding off booking airfare until I'm sure if we will actually be able to go. Watched the airfare go from $251 to $581 to $310 per person.

The fun part is it lists New Jersey as a connection. heh

Our story is similar. I was the December 1998 winner of a cruise given away by Frommer.com the Frommer Guidebook site. The prize was a 4 day Southern Caribbean cruise including airfare to/from San Juan Puerto Rico.

We had never cruised before and weren't sure we'd like it. Well, the experience created a cruising monster since we discovered we LOVE cruising. So we've been on more than a dozen cruises since then, including 5 ta's because we love the relaxation of sea days.

Now, not to be able to afford to book a cruise is killing us. We're hoping that maybe by 2014 we can book one to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have the FCC for it. :)

We live in the southwest which means that flying to any port involves a connecting flight. The cost of airfare means that short cruises are not cheap for us because of the cost of flights.

I hope everything works out and you can travel on a cruise soon. Airfare can add to the cost and can be inconvenient. I know it is tough to wait! I am sure you will be able to go for your 25th anniversary. :)

Go to Victoria Secretes. Get that sexy get-up. Make him his favorite dinner. Put some Barry White on and give him desert while letting him know it would get even better if we could schedule a cruise.;)

I thought I was the only one thats so addicted.I start looking for another cruise as soon as I get off ship.Always get the FCC,usually go on princess or RC but now I am going on ncl for the first time.I am always talking my friends into going,I was thinking of becoming travel agent because that is really what interests me.My husband wants to just fly there and be done but I always win.I always said that I would never cruise without him or never get inside cabin,well needless to say I have changed my mind on both issues.We live in baltimore so we are close to port but never see any real deals out of here.I am going through cruise withdrawal real bad so I will join your support group!!

Archived