price drop after final payment

spkinva

Another factor to consider is port of embarkation. If I lived in Florida I would only book last minute cruises that leave from that area. On the other hand, cruises that leave from Europe involve international flights and pre cruise hotels in Europe that can be very expensive to book at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always wait to book one of the Tuesday specials, but not all cruises go on sale. I've been waiting for an August 10 Adritic cruise to go on sale..to no avail.

You can wait for an Exciting Deal, but that might not be the best total price. Let me give a recent example: Last week the Aug. 3rd 12 day Solstice cruise from Rome was offered at $949 pp for a balcony guarantee. However if I booked it at $1199 I would get a $400 rebate pp on Choice Air. The Choice Air price was the same or lower than other sites and I was able to secure direct flights in both directions. I saved a few $$$ by not taking the Exciting Deal. This week the cruise is on sale again at a slightly lower price; however, the flights are no longer available.

• 1 month later...
You won't be able to switch unless you pay celebrity $1 more for the new cabin. We tried to change/upgrade cabins because the higher priced cabin was now exactly what we had paid and we were refused....because it was not $1 more.

Dan Hanrahan never responded to my letter pointing out how stupid the policy was....

I'm not sure what the context was/is for this response but I have switched cabins without paying more -- from regular verandah to Concierge because the Concierge was reduced to what we paid for the regular verandah cabin.

I second that. When I called to upgrade I could upgrade from inside to OV on 2 for NOTHING or OV on 3 for $10PP. We took the OV on 3 because of the nice location (and later upgraded to AQ for $50PP) but we certainly could have upgraded at no cost at all.

I'm not sure what the context was/is for this response but I have switched cabins without paying more -- from regular verandah to Concierge because the Concierge was reduced to what we paid for the regular verandah cabin.

I second that. When I called to upgrade I could upgrade from inside to OV on 2 for NOTHING or OV on 3 for $10PP. We took the OV on 3 because of the nice location (and later upgraded to AQ for $50PP) but we certainly could have upgraded at no cost at all.

We upgraded from a veranda gty to a concierge class gty - all at the same price.

If you've paid in full, but final payment date hasn't passed yet, you can certainly get a refund, OBC, or perhaps an upgrade (if applicable). Many people go ahead and pay before the actual final payment date. Check and see if that's the case with your sailing.

If it is past final payment, you can't cancel and rebook (another poster said they did that, but that's not possible....the only way that could have occurred is if their TA made their final payment earlier than it was actually due...many TA's do that in case there are last minute snafu's with final payment). I'm not saying that poster is lying, I'm just saying once you are past final payment, you will be penalized if you cancel and rebook. Perhaps the penalty they paid was less than what they were saving by rebooking, but I wouldn't take what occurred in their case as the norm.

Jo-Ann

Exactly. There is no; give one a discount that others cannot get. It is either allowable or it is not. In the case of a booking being inside final payment date further discounts are not allowable. If you cancel you loose deposit a day inside final payment date. H

Archived