Has anyone been able to combine their stock OBC with the Captains Club OBC that is

stipmom

I would say anything labeled "Captain's Club...." wouldn't be combinable.

But the Captain's Club early booking OBC IS combinable with another offer; for some reason Shareholder OBC Department is not aware of this. Not sure how best to get it applied.

Andy,

If I booked on board 2 weeks ago new 2013 -7 or 14 days sailing under new CC promo that expires 5/18, I, also, can get Shareholders OBC? Is this true?

Please let me know.

thanks

Hi Isabella,

My understanding is, you should be able to combine the current Captains Club promotion with the Shareholder Benefit. I suggest emailing Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com for assistance.

I hope this helps.

But the Captain's Club early booking OBC IS combinable with another offer; for some reason Shareholder OBC Department is not aware of this. Not sure how best to get it applied.

Hi Gonzo,

Have you emailed the Shareholder benefit dept ? Other than that, have you tried Captains Club ? If neither has worked, please email me.

I would say anything labeled "Captain's Club...." wouldn't be combinable.

Hi Desertbell,

The current Captains Club offer (ending May 18th) should be combinable with one other offer. Please see my Post #2 in this thread, which contains a link, containing details on the current promotion. It's applicable for Celebrity's new 2013/2014 sailings released in the past few weeks, and the sailings must be 6 nights or longer.

I hope this helps !

Hi Desertbell,

The current Captains Club offer (ending May 18th) should be combinable with one other offer. Please see my Post #2 in this thread, which contains a link, containing details on the current promotion. It's applicable for Celebrity's new 2013/2014 sailings released in the past few weeks, and the sailings must be 6 nights or longer.

I hope this helps !

Thank you, it sure gets confusing. :)

.....However Carnival shareholder OBC can be combined with any other OBC offer on all their cruise lines.

Go HAL.... our other favorite cruiseline. Own stock in both RCL & Carnival.:) Also love the KISS system!:p

Thank you, it sure gets confusing. :)

Hi Desertbelle,

My pleasure. No question, it gets confusing at times, but this offer is one of the best Celebrity has offered in quite some time. While it does not permanently solve the issue of combining OBC's, we currently have an excellent opportunity to do it again. I truly hope this promotion brings in huge sales, and Celebrity will see the value, and re-consider offering combining on an indefinite basis.

We were on Eclipse 3 weeks ago, and let's just say I took full advantage of the current offer, as we prefer longer sailings, and the current offer is about as good as it gets. I'm not looking forward to my credit card invoice, which should arrive soon :eek:.

Hi Gonzo,

Have you emailed the Shareholder benefit dept ? Other than that, have you tried Captains Club ? If neither has worked, please email me.

Hi Andy.

I have tried e-mailing Shareholder Benefit, but have not tried Captain's Club. I will shoot them an e-mail and see if they are able to resolve it. I will e-mail you if Captain's Club is not able to help.

Hi Isabella,

My understanding is, you should be able to combine the current Captains Club promotion with the Shareholder Benefit. I suggest emailing Shareholderbenefit@rccl.com for assistance.

I hope this helps.

Here what I was told by CC rep:

OBC from "new 2013-2014 deployment" CC promo IS combinable with EITHER shareholders OBC OR future cruise booking, BUT NOT both.

Andy,

We miss you and your family at Michaels Club on Connie.

Perry was fun as usual.

Here what I was told by CC rep:

OBC from "new 2013-2014 deployment" CC promo IS combinable with EITHER shareholders OBC OR future cruise booking, BUT NOT both.

Andy,

We miss you and your family at Michaels Club on Connie.

Perry was fun as usual.

Hi Isabella,

What you mentioned above makes sense, as you would be receiving 1 OBC for the current Captains Club promotion. Therefore, you would only be able to combine it with ONE other OBC... so you would choose from either the Shareholder OBC, or the OBC you would receive if you were able to book onboard. The point is, the current promotions should be combinable with the Shareholder OBC. That's what I was told, and others have confirmed.

If you are/were able to book onboard, it really works well, as they apply both the Captains Club promotion OBC and the booking onboard credit right then and there, and you are done. No need to apply for the Shareholder OBC, unless it happens to be a better benefit.

Thank you for your kind comments about Connie. We were dissapointed that we could not be onboard, as this was Connie's final long Caribbean sailing for the forseeable future, and we love this ship. I continue to hope Celebrity will reconsider, and at the very least, mix in a few longer sailings... though I doubt it will happen. Hopefully, we will meet again, and see Perry perform on Eclipse in 2013. My only issue is, we will probably sail on Azamara Quest in March of 2013 - so our 2013 Cruise plans are up in the air at the moment.

We booked our Panama Canal cruise at this time because we knew about this combinable credit offer. I asked my TA to make sure that it applied to us and he advised me that the Celebrity rep he spoke with assured him that we could combine both OBC offers. He then said "put it in writing".

We booked Reflection TA in the fall of 2013 and got $250 for early booking before 18 May. I called the Captain's Club and they said you could combine any other Celebrity OBC except the Shareholder OBC. I called back and another Captain's Club agent said we could, and read me the memo that listed Shareholder as a combinable OBC.

Sometimes with Celebrity it's who you talk to. :D

Absolutely.

Ok, I have a different scenario. I booked a cruise for Feb of next year for a RT to Hawaii from San Diego on Century. When I purchased my cruise thru an online TA, they have a points system based on how much you paid for your cruise. Once you book, you can go into their "store" and purchased OBC's with your points. So I purchased $150 worth of OBC's with those points I earned. So am I allowed to apply the Shareholder credit? It would be $250 for this cruise!

As long as the first OBC comes from the TA and not from Celebrity you can still get a shareholder credit. You just cannot combine OBC's offered by Celebrity

As long as the first OBC comes from the TA and not from Celebrity you can still get a shareholder credit. You just cannot combine OBC's offered by Celebrity

Hi Phxazzcruisers,

Just to clarify, you can combine 2 Celebrity offers on the current Captains Club promotion, but the offer ends this week (last day is the 18th), so if you plan to book, please keep this in mind.

There are a few limitations - such as the sailing must be 6 nights or longer, and for one of the 2013/2014 sailings recently announced. It would be a good idea to read my Post #2 on this thread, which contains a link to the details.

Hi - I booked a 14 night Caribbean next March on the Eclipse while I was on the Constellation in April - and I am told I am not entitled to the promotion -- I did get the $300 ship board but no early deployment -- so confused -- what do you think I am entitled to ?????

Thanks

Hi - I booked a 14 night Caribbean next March on the Eclipse while I was on the Constellation in April - and I am told I am not entitled to the promotion -- I did get the $300 ship board but no early deployment -- so confused -- what do you think I am entitled to ?????

Thanks

I don't think March 213 Eclipse was a new release, but if you book for March 2014 you could probably get the two OBC offers combined.

Thanks

There is a copy of the promotion on this link. My understanding is that they should be combinable. Who did you speak to? Try again. Hopefully you will get the right information. The promo says that the $200 can be used with another promotion. Booking on board should certainly allow you to do this. Please keep us advised.

I sent an e mail out to the head office and a Captain's Club rep called me back. She said there has been alot of confusion on this issue but the May 18 ending promotion is combineable with the stockholders OBC.

Constant confusion. It is outrageous that one needs to followup with so many people to get the correct answer. X should make the promotions less complicated and have a central data base so the exact promo can be looked up by any employee a X.

Constant confusion. It is outrageous that one needs to followup with so many people to get the correct answer. X should make the promotions less complicated and have a central data base so the exact promo can be looked up by any employee a X.

I understand exactly how you feel. I have been trying to convince the shareholder's benefit people that the OBC is combinable with the current promotion. I am sure I will come through sooner or later but it is SO frustrating. BTW, I did confirm with Captains Club that they are combinable. Sigh.

Linda

I emailed investor relations in regard to all the information I read on this thread.

They asked me to send them my cruise reservation number, sail date, etc.

Today I received an email from them that $200 has been applied to our cruise on the Solstice next September.

Our cruise isn't until October 2013, when would be a good time to request and secure our shareholder credit? Is it too early now?

You have to own the stock when you embark on your cruise, so while you could theoretically do it now, I would wait until 45-60 days before the cruise to request the credit.

You have to own the stock when you embark on your cruise, so while you could theoretically do it now, I would wait until 45-60 days before the cruise to request the credit.

Although if you haven't purchased your stock yet, it might be a good idea to now as the price has dropped about $3.00 per share over the past 10 days or so. It may go even lower...Of course I bought my about 2 weeks ago when it was over $27 a share.

Our cruise isn't until October 2013, when would be a good time to request and secure our shareholder credit? Is it too early now?

I would do it now (I assume you already own stock). My thinking is that you may not get the credit if you don't do it before the promotion is over (tomorrow). There has been so much confusion on this issue I decided not to chance it and go for it now. Our cruise isn't until September, 2013.

Although if you haven't purchased your stock yet, it might be a good idea to now as the price has dropped about $3.00 per share over the past 10 days or so. It may go even lower...Of course I bought my about 2 weeks ago when it was over $27 a share.

How many shares do you need to buy in order to get a discount?

Archived