The Naughty Room?

Eve

Actually . . . . . . .

On a Solstice transatlantic last year, my luggage was not delivered to my stateroom in a reasonable time. As I was getting to call the "desk" I noticed the flashing "message" light.

The message informed me that my luggage was being held in security and that I had to report there ASAP to get it.

I had packed two bottles of wine, as permitted, and they apparently set off the "whatever" that led to the message.

I headed down, was told to get my luggage (there were about 20 other pieces of luggage and two other people getting theirs). I told the security guy that I had two bottles of wine when he asked. He said, "OK, you can go" (must be my honest face :) ). I offered to unlock the luggage, but he said, "No, you can go".

A woman, when asked said to the security. I have a bottle of Vodka (Stoly) and a bottle of tonic. As I was leaving, she was being asked to unlock her bag. Talked with her later in the cruise and they had indeed confiscated the Vodka.

Did they confiscate the power strip?

Yep, they kept it until the last day of the cruise. But they did give me one of their extension cords because it was used to charge my scooter.

I was summoned without prior explanation trip to the naughty room. When I arrived the security officer said "..oh, yes..we think there is a pair of scissors in your bag". Since I did not have the key to the TSA lock, I had to return to my cabin get the key and return. The security officer examined the bag, found the scissors and said "...ah, just as I suspected", and promptly returned the scissors to me! Go figure!!

We just came off of the Summit and we were able to carry on liquor as long as we bought it at the store inside of the terminal in PR.

I saw some people walking onboard with 3-4 bottles in their hand and they didnt say anything.

I had a hair iron and a curling iron in my bag and didnt get it taken away either.

I headed down, was told to get my luggage (there were about 20 other pieces of luggage and two other people getting theirs). I told the security guy that I had two bottles of wine when he asked. He said, "OK, you can go" (must be my honest face :) ). I offered to unlock the luggage, but he said, "No, you can go".

A woman, when asked said to the security. I have a bottle of Vodka (Stoly) and a bottle of tonic. As I was leaving, she was being asked to unlock her bag. Talked with her later in the cruise and they had indeed confiscated the Vodka.

I have one better. I took my friend to the Duty Free store right before we embarked in SJU. They seal the bottles of liquor, I mean wine, in a tamper proof plastic bag for you to carry on the ship. The security guard on the Summit asked him if he only had two bottles of wine. My naïve friend started to answer “well it isn't...”, but was cut off by the guard who replied with a wink “You only have TWO bottles of WINE, right?” and welcomed us on board.

Dennis

Actually . . . . . . .

On a Solstice transatlantic last year, my luggage was not delivered to my stateroom in a reasonable time. As I was getting to call the "desk" I noticed the flashing "message" light.

The message informed me that my luggage was being held in security and that I had to report there ASAP to get it.

I had packed two bottles of wine, as permitted, and they apparently set off the "whatever" that led to the message.

I always take my wine allowance in my carry-on -- if there are any issues, I can deal with it on the spot, without the risk of having my luggage delayed. It also minimizes the risk of breakage -- and starting my cruise with a Bordeaux-colored wardrobe! :eek:;)

When I called Celebrity and asked if they supplied a power bar so that we are able to use my husband's CPAP machine as well as charge our electronics overnight, they told me they did not supply them and I would have to bring my own.

Did anyone actually have a power bar they brought along confiscated?

I was called to the naughty room once after waiting around all afternoon, expecting my bag to arrive. No note, no phone call, nothing. When we went down there, the inspector had me open my bag which had NOTHING problematic in it. He looked and looked, which was fine with me, and then said my bag was held back because I had a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner! How dumb did he think we were?! I was not happy that we had never been told where my bag was; our room steward correctly guessed that's where it might be when we asked him about it after the ship sailed. I lodged a complaint concerning the lack of notification and found out that the inspector had reported that I had an unspecified piece of electronic equipment in my bag and THAT was the reason!!! Not true -- I'm not stupid enough to put an ipod, etc. in my luggage and risk theft - those things go in my carry-on. I was really irritated that first they couldn't bother to tell me where my bag was, but then it was deemed necessary to tell a lie about why they held up my bag! I got over it, but it was annoying.

Does anyone know if flat irons for hair are allowed?

They are but whether they trigger a red alert depends on the ship apparently. I sailed on the Equinox last December and brought my flat iron. The 12 pack of soda I checked was delivered, luggage: no where to be found. I asked the steward and 10 minutes later he called and asked if I had "contraband" in my luggage and I said no. 5 minutes later I got my bag. I asked him about the flat iron for hair and he said yes that had done it but once he saw it he told them "for hair not clothes." So I never had to go to the naughty room but that particular item caused my luggage to!

Recently on another line, I was given a letter that I had to report to the naughty room. Since the line charged me $15.00 per bottle of champagne that I brought onboard, I had no reason to smuggle alcohol onboard. I opened my bag and the member of the crew patted my belongings and sent me on with my bag. I had Coke, because that line only offers Pepsi. My husband would go crazy without Coke for 7 days. The old lady in front of me confessed to me that she had some Vodka in her bag and that she was guilty. They patted her belongings and she took her bag and Vodka back to her cabin. Who would question a sweet little old lady about alcohol in her bags.

Wonder if it would be easier just to put it in my carryon so any questions can be answered upon boarding instead of having luggage held up.

They are but whether they trigger a red alert depends on the ship apparently. I sailed on the Equinox last December and brought my flat iron. The 12 pack of soda I checked was delivered, luggage: no where to be found. I asked the steward and 10 minutes later he called and asked if I had "contraband" in my luggage and I said no. 5 minutes later I got my bag. I asked him about the flat iron for hair and he said yes that had done it but once he saw it he told them "for hair not clothes." So I never had to go to the naughty room but that particular item caused my luggage to!

I thought you meant my cabin...

I saw on the list of prohibited items, handcuffs. What if they are simply for the honeymoon?

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way!!..Great sense of humor!..:D..:eek:..:D

My wife had a travel iron on our recent Hawaii cruise, and we got a note after dinner to go to the naughty room. They had her get it out, gave her a receipt, and we got it back the last night.

I have always taken a small power strip and never had it questioned.

I had a 4 inch blade scissors for cutting medical pads in my carry on, and once I explained it to the person at check in, they said okay.

I had to do a double take when I saw your screen name.

Use to shop "Korvettes" all the time growing up in Brooklyn.

g

I went to the one in Flushing and also where the Cross Island met Union Turnpike!

We just came off of the Summit and we were able to carry on liquor as long as we bought it at the store inside of the terminal in PR.

I saw some people walking onboard with 3-4 bottles in their hand and they didnt say anything.

It was the same in Barcelona boarding Constellation in 2010. The shops were after security.

Sue

I got called for a power strip in my luggage. I was shocked by how much smuggled booze I saw on a table in the naughty room. Seems like they have gotten really good at finding the stuff---even in rum runners.

It's always easier to refill your own wine bottles at home with whatever you like. They'll never question you for any "wine". ;)

I always take my wine allowance in my carry-on -- if there are any issues, I can deal with it on the spot, without the risk of having my luggage delayed. It also minimizes the risk of breakage -- and starting my cruise with a Bordeaux-colored wardrobe! :eek:;)

Ummmm,

I also had two bottles of wine in my carry-on.

Well, it was a two week cruise, after all. ;) :) :D

Archived