Dock or Tender into Belize?

When my wife and I were in Belize several years ago, they pointed out that RCCL had started work on a pier so that they would not have to tender passengers into Belize City. We are heading back on Liberty of the Seas this coming March and wondered if anyone knows whether they completed the pier. Just wondered if we would be docking or tendering in.

Thanks

Mike

The problem with building a dock is the length it would have to be in order to protect the coral reefs. It's cost prohibitive and also would be a very long pier to have to move people back and forth to the ship. So, you'd go from tenders to shuttle transportation instead. In addition to the cost of building the long pier, there would be a cost to run transportation.

Tender.

There is no construction in progress for a pier. The key is the coral reef. I doubt you will ever see a pier in Belize City...the reef is miles off shore.

tenders; were once independant contractors, but a large company has secured the contract, no more high speed boats and the wait time to load and unload has increased due to the larger vessels.

Tender.

There is no construction in progress for a pier. The key is the coral reef. I doubt you will ever see a pier in Belize City...the reef is miles off shore.

tenders; were once independant contractors, but a large company has secured the contract, no more high speed boats and the wait time to load and unload has increased due to the larger vessels.

No more flotilla that looks like an evacuation from Dunkirk?

Archived