What food is not to miss at Chops?

What sauce do they serve with the shrimp cocktail in Chops?

On our trip, in MDR, the sauce was watery and blah, and the shrimp were small.

I like horseradish etc :)

The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail in Chops are HUGE! It comes with a side of cocktail sauce and Im sure they can get you some extra horseradish :)

Thanks! I'll actually be dining at Chops (on Oasis) 2 weeks from tonight LOL. Can't wait! Mouth is watering just reading that menu here at work....

Niiiice! I envy you! Enjoy your meal at Chops...and the Oasis! I have much too long of a wait to sail the Allure.

No votes for the oysters? Thought the looked delicious.

I vote for them,

Here what I'm thinking for the first night at chops of the August cruise.

Forest Mushroom Soup

Not So Traditional Caesar Salad

Shrimp Cocktail

Warm Goat Cheese and Basil Soufflé

Oyster Duet (2 or 3)

Roasted Potatoes with Prosciutto and Parmesan

Sautéed Broccolini

Red Velvet Cake

Then for our second trip to Chops as we normally go twice:

Forest Mushroom Soup

Shrimp Cocktail

Oyster Duet

Broiled Porterhouse Steak

18 ounces, served on the bone

Roasted Potatoes with Prosciutto and Parmesan

Sautéed Broccolini

Red Velvet Cake

I must be a real pig because I ate all of mine by myself:o

Don't worry----I think many of us would fall in to that category. Four of us at our table each ordered a slice.......we had no idea it would be so big. We ate it all! :eek:. Well, we sure didn't want it to go to waste!:D:)

We have Tickets for Chops as part of the All Access Tour, trouble is my Hubby is a Vegi, and I can't see anything Vegi on the Menu.. Help!!!

What can he eat?? will they prepare something for him?

Thanks In advance :)

I'm glad the OP posted this, I was actually just thinking about this, but my next cruise in nearly a year away I was going to wait and ask. I've had the NY strip and filet several times, but was thinking about trying the veal. Any experience with that?

I'm glad the OP posted this, I was actually just thinking about this, but my next cruise in nearly a year away I was going to wait and ask. I've had the NY strip and filet several times, but was thinking about trying the veal. Any experience with that?

The veal chop and the mixed grill are both pretty good and I have switched to them. They are nice change from the strip and filet.

The veal chop and the mixed grill are both pretty good and I have switched to them. They are nice change from the strip and filet.

Thanks, I was also considering the bacon wrapped chicken breast, but I can get that more places than good veal

We have Tickets for Chops as part of the All Access Tour, trouble is my Hubby is a Vegi, and I can't see anything Vegi on the Menu.. Help!!!

What can he eat?? will they prepare something for him?

Thanks In advance :)

He will have to order side items then. asparagus, a baked potato (the size of a football) beefsteak tomatoes and purple onions, ceasar salad etc.

does he eat seafood at all? the shrimp cocktail is wonderful!

I hope this doesnt come out wrong but Chops is a steakhouse :) Not alot of options of vegetarians.

The petite filet is 6 oz and the larger one is 10 oz. Excellent choice! Also the shrimp cocktail--I did ask for extra horseradish as the sauce is pretty bland. The shrimp are huge. The roasted asparagus is very good as is the mushrooms with leeks side dish. The green beans with feta are also very good. My husband had the porterhouse and was very disappointed--very chewy and a thin cut of meat. There were no veal chops on the menu that I recall. There was a mixed grill plate though. I ordered the "fresh" Maine lobster which was a disaster. Sent it back and they sent out another one--(I'm from Maine and have lobstermen in the family so I know whether a lobster is OK) they had been in the tank too long and simply were not right. Chops ended up giving us a second night dinner at no charge for the problems and took fresh Maine lobster off the menu (they bought them in Boston and this was over a week later). The creme brulee was so so; the red velvet cake excellent as was the mud pie (according to my husband!). We loved Chops. A very relaxing evening (two actually!)

As a side note, the lobster tails served in the MDR were tough. Too bad all the way around as I love lobster!

He will have to order side items then. asparagus, a baked potato (the size of a football) beefsteak tomatoes and purple onions, ceasar salad etc.

does he eat seafood at all? the shrimp cocktail is wonderful!

I hope this doesnt come out wrong but Chops is a steakhouse :) Not alot of options of vegetarians.

Hi, Yes I realise it's a steakhouse, you see we booked the All Access Tour, you get a free meal each at Portofino's and Chops, Him being Vegi is the reason we haven't ventured in there before now :)

He loves Jacket Pot's so he'll be ok, especially if they give him salad and Cheese along side.

No, He is total vegi, no seafood etc.. He's been Vegi since he was 10, he's 50 now, so very commited ;)

Thanks for replying :)

We fell in love with Chops.

We started with the crab cake and I wished I had ordered two of them.

Then the sides were the roasted potatoes with the white cheese on them, the onion rings, and the asparagus. The potatoes were the best. The onion rings not so fantastic.

I had the 10 ounce filet with the bearnaise sauce. I didn't even know I liked bearnaise sauce. It's so rich and buttery. Perfect with my steak.

Then mud pie for dessert.

We are going there twice next cruise instead of going to the main dining room on the formal nights.

Hi, Yes I realise it's a steakhouse, you see we booked the All Access Tour, you get a free meal each at Portofino's and Chops, Him being Vegi is the reason we haven't ventured in there before now :)

He loves Jacket Pot's so he'll be ok, especially if they give him salad and Cheese along side.

No, He is total vegi, no seafood etc.. He's been Vegi since he was 10, he's 50 now, so very commited ;)

Thanks for replying :)

If you talk to them before you go, they will come up with something.

No votes for the oysters? Thought the looked delicious.

I had the oyster duet on Wednesday evening. The oysters were tiny, could barely see them much less taste them... The spinach gratin was delicious though that was on top of the oysters. There were 4 on the plate, 2 were spinach and 2 were covered in bacon.

I had the petite filet, quite good cooked medium. And the mud pie was fabulous! I highly recommend Chops.

Is the mud pie a "pie" like graham cracker crust type thing or is it a hot thing. Mud pie is a pudding center with a Graham cracker crust here in the South. But the way it is being described it does not sound that way :)

The Shrimp Cocktail is fantastic - HUGE shrimp. ;)

Filet is very good. Agree with a previous poster about it being cooked slightly less than what we're used to.

Each of our 4-some ordered two sides - we ended up with way too much food.

Then they brought dessert. :eek:

There were 3 Birthdays (including my DW) at table all around us, so lots of Birthday cake, - the Red Velvet cake. (which was delish)

We asked to take our cakes back to our cabin and they boxed them up and we ate them later that night (and the rest for pre-breakfast the next morning on the balcony). We just ate too much but didn't want to miss out on the cake.

Note on the mud pie, it is not what you expect for mud pie. I expected more of a "pie" with the crust and coffee ice cream, etc. It is more like a rich chocolate cake, but still tasty. The red velvet we had was also wonderful.

I agree that the crab cakes were awesome as was the onion soup. My petite filet was delicious as well.

Archived