Carnival Valor PHOTO Review, April 28 - May 6, 2012

I'm on the Valor on July 21.

LOVED this review, pictures, etc. thank you so much for sharing. and lovely wedding picture..you guys were bare footED...LOVED THAT SO MUCH

:D:D

Aww thanks, I'm glad so many people enjoyed it! :) I hope you have an AMAZING time on your cruise!! I already can't wait to plan our next one... Alaska maybe?? :p

I just had to say that was one of the best, if not the best, review and photos I have ever seen or read.

I really enjoyed it. Mostly because you were just fast and too the point. no needless information and your positive additude is awesomeness at its finest. I love that no matter what, you were prepared and still managed to have a great time. Good for you.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.:D

I agree 100% that this was an awesome review. We sail in 15 days and this review pumped me up so much that I can't wait to go. I love hearing and seeing the positive about cruising and your review hit the spot. Your positive attitude is very uplifting. Thanks for sharing!

So my husband's time-lapse photography video is FINALLY done and posted! Here is the link for those who were interested in checking it out:

https://vimeo.com/42646525

The video is awesomely amazing!! I LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks for posting your review and link to the video, both are great! Just saw your wedding pix, just beautiful!! Thank you soooo much for sharing!!!

You looked absolutely GORGEOUS. The video is SO COOL! I've never seen anything like that. Book your next cruise on a Spirit class ship. Spirit goes to Alaska now; Miracle will be out there next year for the Alaska season. They are GREAT SHIPS! ;):)

You looked absolutely GORGEOUS. The video is SO COOL! I've never seen anything like that. Book your next cruise on a Spirit class ship. Spirit goes to Alaska now; Miracle will be out there next year for the Alaska season. They are GREAT SHIPS! ;):)

How do you find out what "class" a ship is? Are some classes better than others? What class is the Valor? It doesn't say on the website that I found...

I like the Spirit class ship because it just seems to be the perfect size. Not too small and not too big. I also like that all the decks run the entire length of the ship. Most of the other classes, the galley is in the middle of the ship and in order to get to the dining room, you have to go over, up (or down!) and then over again. Tho this wouldn't make or break a cruise for me!

Dream Class

Dream Class ships are the largest in the Carnival Cruise Line Fleet. Dream Class ships include the Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic. Ships in this class have a gross tonnage of 130,000 and a length of 1,004 feet, with a cruising speed of 20 knots. They can carry up to 3,652 guests, based on double occupancy.

Splendor Class

The Carnival Splendor is the only ship in Carnival's Splendor class. It has a gross tonnage of 113,300 and a length of 952 feet, with a cruising speed of 21 knots. The Carnival Splendor can carry up to 3,006 passengers in its 1,503 state rooms.

Conquest Class

Carnival has five ships in the Conquest class: the Carnival Conquest, the Carnival Glory, the Carnival Valor, the Carnival Liberty and the Carnival Freedom. These ships have an average gross tonnage of 110,000 and length of 952 feet, with a cruising speed of 22.5 knots. Assuming two passengers per room, they can accommodate up to 2,974 guests.

Triumph Class

Triumph class ships have a gross tonnage of 101,509 and a length of 893 feet. They cruise along at 21 knots and have accommodations for 2,758 passengers, with an average of two guests per room.

Destiny Class

Carnival Cruise Lines has just one ship in the Destiny class, the Carnival Destiny. This ship is just slightly smaller than the Triumph class. The Carnival Destiny weighs 101,353 gross tons, is 892 feet long, cruises along at 21 knots per hour and can accommodate 2,642 passengers in shared guestrooms.

Spirit Class

Spirit class ships are lower and sleeker than most others in the Carnival fleet. They have a gross tonnage of just 88,500, but are 960 to 963 feet long. They hold 2,124 passengers (assuming double occupancy). Carnival ships in this category include the Carnival Spirit, the Carnival Pride, the Carnival Miracle and the Carnival Legend.

Fantasy Class

Carnival's smallest ships are in its Fantasy Class. Eight ships fall into this category: the Carnival Elation, the Carnival Fantasy, the Carnival Ecstasy, the Carnival Inspiration, the Carnival Imagination, the Carnival Fascination, the Carnival Sensation and the Carnival Paradise. Ships in this class have a gross tonnage of 70,367 and length of 855 feet. They cruise at 21 knots and can accommodate 2,052 guests, two per room.

I like the Spirit class ship because it just seems to be the perfect size. Not too small and not too big. I also like that all the decks run the entire length of the ship. Most of the other classes, the galley is in the middle of the ship and in order to get to the dining room, you have to go over, up (or down!) and then over again. Tho this wouldn't make or break a cruise for me!

Dream Class.......

Thanks so much for the information!! :)

Hello. Excellent review! The photos are fantastic and the time lapse sequence was awsome. Your husband did a fine job with the time lapse work. Thanks for taking the time to do this review. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the great pictures of your cruise....we're cruising in November, but were just invited to join friends on the Valor in July, so this was a great way to get acquainted with the ship so we can make our decision!!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the great review. We were on the Valor back in 2006, so it was a nice reminder. They've added the big screen on Lido deck since we sailed her. We've been on the Miracle 3 times since then, and I had forgotten a lot of things about the Valor, but One Small Step brought it all back to me, LOL.

The time-lapse photo video was awesome, and I enjoyed all of your other photos too. BTW, I thought your "wedding hair" was pretty, but I know you must have been disappointed if it wasn't what you had in mind. You seem like a lovely couple. Best wishes and happy sailing!

So my husband's time-lapse photography video is FINALLY done and posted! Here is the link for those who were interested in checking it out:

https://vimeo.com/42646525

That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!! How long does it take? Like the shots of the ship turning. Is that over the course of an hour or two? My son was interested.

Thanks for the great review. We were on the Valor back in 2006, so it was a nice reminder. They've added the big screen on Lido deck since we sailed her. We've been on the Miracle 3 times since then, and I had forgotten a lot of things about the Valor, but One Small Step brought it all back to me, LOL.

The time-lapse photo video was awesome, and I enjoyed all of your other photos too. BTW, I thought your "wedding hair" was pretty, but I know you must have been disappointed if it wasn't what you had in mind. You seem like a lovely couple. Best wishes and happy sailing!

Thanks so much :) I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen!!! How long does it take? Like the shots of the ship turning. Is that over the course of an hour or two? My son was interested.

Most of the time-lapses were shot for anywhere between a half hour to an hour I'd say, maybe a bit longer for some of them. Thanks for watching! :)

Great review & wonderful pictures! We went on Valor in 2008 & I now want to go back immediately! I find the Carnival ships lobby WAY more spectacular than the Royal Carribean ones.. Loved the atrium (probably Lobby is the wrong word). You did a fabulous job on all the pictures! Thanks again for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

We sail the Liberty in September and now really cannot wait. All your pics and descriptions made us all feel as though we were all there with you guys. And it was especially evident that the time-lapse had to take a good bit of time to put together and it is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
SummerSpirit,

Would love to see your pictures as we are sailing on the Valor and staying in the same room in about a month but PB has the images blocked. Do you have them loaded somewhere I could access? Much appreciated!

D.C.:D

I just updated my Photobucket account, so hopefully the images will show up shortly... let me know if they don't! Have a fun time on your cruise!! :)

Archived