Suite vs Inside cabin tips?

Hello all,

We have upgraded from an Inside cabin to a Junior Suite. When we booked the cruise we picked my time dining. Which we have had to pay for prepaid tips. No problem at all with that, but now with having a suite, I thought we would have to pay more. Is it the same amount for inside/oceanview/balcony cabins compaired to a JS and then increase at Grand Suite level upwards?:confused:

Hello all,

We have upgraded from an Inside cabin to a Junior Suite. When we booked the cruise we picked my time dining. Which we have had to pay for prepaid tips. No problem at all with that, but now with having a suite, I thought we would have to pay more. Is it the same amount for inside/oceanview/balcony cabins compaired to a JS and then increase at Grand Suite level upwards?:confused:

Are you referring to the MTD gratuity rate? If so, the only gratuity rate that changes with stateroom categories is with the room attendant. Non-suites are at one rate and suites (which I believe starts with JS for the rate change) are at a slightly higher rate. The rest of the gratuities remain the same.

As Marci says, the tips are the same.

The wait staff tips don't change whatever grade of cabin you are in. The only change to room attendant tips occurs at Grand suite and above level, where the recommended daily amount increases by $2.25 per day to your "suite attendant" rather than your "stateroom attendant."

Junior suites (great choice by the way,) do not receive the "concierge" suite benefits, and despite the confusion sometimes caused by the title, are the highest level of standard stateroom. They do have some additional perks, but the gratuity level is not increased.

OOOH. Didn't know that! :D

Yep! Enjoy. With our upcoming Oasis we were able to take advantage of a late GS upgrade, which we new had the double points but also typically look for pricing that allows us to go to JS's for the points as well - which we did for our August EOS. We always check through RCI to confirm but it has been the case thus far.

what are the other perks of Jr. Suite?

Shanda

From the RCI website:

Junior Suites

The Junior Suite comes with a private balcony, sitting area and some have a bathtub.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests:

Dedicated suite attendant catering to guests' special requests

Tea and coffee service ensuite

Bathrobes (for use onboard)

Bathroom amenities

But I would check with RCI to confirm.

I guessed the wait on staff would be the same, it was the cabin staff I ment. Should have made it clearer:rolleyes:.

We will be borderline Emerald if we get double points! Which means we might have to book another ..... Maybe while onboard!;)

We had a nice surprise, I hadn't thought of at the time we booked our two Australia cruises for 2014. 1st cruise 13 day in a JS, moves us to Emerald. 2nd cruise also a JS 18 day Sydney to Honolulul, moves us to Diamond. We are platinum now. 2 Points X's days traveled I was told.:)

Archived