apple computers

ventnorman

Hi All,

does anyone know the cost of the Apple products being sold on the Eclipse?

I was about to buy a new Macbook Pro from the local Apple store, however if they are being sold at the American price in dollars it would be cheaper than the U.K. which has a high V.A.T. tax rate added...:eek:

Any info would be gratefully received.

Bill

Hi All,

does anyone know the cost of the Apple products being sold on the Eclipse?

I was about to buy a new Macbook Pro from the local Apple store, however if they are being sold at the American price in dollars it would be cheaper than the U.K. which has a high V.A.T. tax rate added...:eek:

Any info would be gratefully received.

Bill

We meant to go look as they were being sold but never got there. We were on the Summit recently.

I believe that they are sold at US Retail List price. I do not know if all ships have the stores or not. Also, the inventory on board is very limited and while they might have what you are looking for the odds are not in your favor. So while this might be a possibility it isn't something you can count on.

I believe that they are sold at US Retail List price. I do not know if all ships have the stores or not. Also, the inventory on board is very limited and while they might have what you are looking for the odds are not in your favor. So while this might be a possibility it isn't something you can count on.

Larry's summary matches my understanding from being on the Solstice last June. You might save a little, but if they don't have "IT", then things won't work out that well. I've heard here that Apple might be coming out soon with a new MacBook Pro computer. That's what I have and like it so much. Also getting your computer ahead, allow you time to get used to using it, having your old stuff moved over to the new computer, etc.

The tech staff on our ship seem fairly good and tried fairly hard. Much of what's on the ship will vary and be focused more on the lower cost items that are easier to stock, sell, in higher demand, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 81,049 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The price is US retail without any added sales tax. Most of their inventory is iPods and accessories. On Eclipse recently there were no iPads, but they said they were supposed to be picking some up in Ireland. However, we missed Cobh, so they never appeared. I didn't notice any laptops, but I wasn't really looking for them.

Sheila

They may be approved resellers but they are not an Apple store. They sell chargers and ipods and small stuff.

Your best place is that online shop that is named after a river and a rainforest

Do they have iPhones?

I don't think they ever sell iPhones. I beleive that iPhones are only sold at stores where local service can be sold along with the phone and that can't happen on a ship.

Hi Larry... Do you know if you can "upgrade" from the free minutes given to Elites & have the value of a 90 min package credited to a higher package? Hope this is not too off topic but the rates are shown on your link.

just off the eclipse and an IPad 16 was $399 and a 32 at $499,but were with a US charger.

Thanks everybody for the replies.

Will buy the new Mac Book pro if available and also an i-pad for the wife.

These prices are 30% cheaper than UK with Vat tax so well worth it.

I already have numerous mac chargers etc so no problem...

Thanks again everybody

Bill

Hi Larry... Do you know if you can "upgrade" from the free minutes given to Elites & have the value of a 90 min package credited to a higher package? Hope this is not too off topic but the rates are shown on your link.

Yes you can. The free 90 min is actually given in the form of a $50 coupon that is applied as a credit to your on board account after they've verified you signed up for a package that is $50 or more (the 90 package is $50). If you look at your account you'll see the charge for the package charged immediately and then the $50 credit a day or two later when they process the coupons.

Yes you can. The free 90 min is actually given in the form of a $50 coupon that is applied as a credit to your on board account after they've verified you signed up for a package that is $50 or more (the 90 package is $50)......

Thanks, Larry... This is what I was hoping would be the case.:)

We're recently off the Silhouette. The iLounge crew allowed us to use a first day sign up discount special, plus they applied our coupon.

Last year on the Eclipse they only had 1 model for sale and it was an older version.

They didn't have any Ipads and all they had in Ipods was the Nano and it wasnt any cheaper than UK price which meant it was more expensive that US retail

My husband had planned to come home with a new purchase and was extremely disappointed

We're recently off the Silhouette. The iLounge crew allowed us to use a first day sign up discount special, plus they applied our coupon.

Hi Kathy... Thanks for letting me know about this! I'll watch for the first day sign up special as you did. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On the first day on the Millennium you received 20% bonus minutes. I purchased the 90 minute and got 108, then they applied my Select discount.

What was cost?

Do they have any classes on ship about using an iPad?

If there anytime to do that :D

What was cost?

Do they have any classes on ship about using an iPad?

If there anytime to do that :D

The 90 min package costs $50.

They sometimes have an iPad class. You won't know the classes offered or schedule until you board the ship. Check in at the computer cafe for a listing of what will be offered on your cruise. Some free and some have a fee.

Archived