Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

Two of the best already identifieid- Patti & Jose, and Fire and Ice!!!!!

Definitely two acts not to miss!!!!

These fantastic musicians and singers engage the audience, encourage you to sing along, offer wide-ranging styes of music, and are genuine and friendly mingling easily with their audience members between acts and very gracious and appreciative of their quick to become fans.

As others have indicated - you need to arrive early since after hearing them for the first time, you want to keep coming back. You find your self singing, moving and having a wonderful time. Their energy is amazing and it enfuses the crowds and the crew!!!!

Chalk up another vote for already mentioned greats: Fire and Ice, Dave Heenan, and Bernie Martini.

I'll add: the band Next Stage. I loved their energy, singing, and interaction with the audience. Went to several of their performances.

Another addition: piano player Vladimir Krevian. I loved his music and wish I could have made it to more of his performances.

Very much enjoyed Murray the Magician on the Star several years ago. Imagine my surprise when I then saw him as a finalist on America's Got Talent! His onboard shows were very, very funny. We also enjoyed Jose and Patty when they were on the the Wind doing the Hawaii and Fanning Island cruises.

Last year America's Got Talent had another magician who had worked on NCL. Scott Alexander. He was one of the performers on Pride of Hawaii in 2007. We enjoyed his show.

Chalk up another vote for already mentioned greats: Fire and Ice, Dave Heenan, and Bernie Martini.

I mentioned Bernie Martini earlier as a piano player. He should be more accurately described as a piano playing singer. His voice is what caught my attention.

We sailed on the Spirit in October 2011 and LOVED Arvin & Emily! We closed Champagne Charlies down every night they were there! I heard they are moving to the Epic in the next year or so. What a treat for those on that ship!

Loved the Man from Mars on the Gem in November!

He was really good! Before I went I thought the show would be corny, but I really enjoyed it and would definitely go see it again.

I also really like Production Cast Singer/Performer Michelle Swaczyna. I walked up to her on the Star after the show Elements and said "I think I'm following you because I saw you on the Jade in February and November". She said "Yes I was there, we had a week off in between and now I'm on the Star." Her husband Kryzsztof is also a cast member, he's a dancer. She's in the last two pics on this page.

In February 2011, the was a gentleman on The Gem who played piano. He was from Vancouver, British Columbia but was originally from Scotland. His first name was Micheal and I do not remember his last name. he was just wonderful. I spend hours listening to him. I would love to listen to him again. If this rings a bell, does anyone know where he currently is?

Laurie Anne Gardner

Piano player and singer, plus all-around entertainer (funny, personable, etc.)

We saw her on the Gem in November 2011 - went nearly every night. We almost went on a Sky cruise primarily because of her.

Another vote here for Laurie. She is THE BEST!!

We were on the Gem in October 2011, and after finding Laurie, we went back every night to see her. Really funny and a fantastic entertainer.

She's back on the Gem right now...

DAVE HEENAN, DAVE HEENAN AND DAVE HEENAN! HE IS THE BEST EVER!

MATT BAKER cruise director.

I also enjoyed Brenda Kaye and another guy ( i totally forgot his name)...he did presentations on "how to remember things" :o seriously!!!!

Had dinner with Dave and Matt on the Dawn and they were excellent!:cool::eek::eek:;)

On the Gem?

Sinan Ulucay CD! I'm looking to sail the Gem again to see him in action. He's funny squared and has more energy than the energizer bunny. I don't even remember who else was on that ship. Sinan was so...Sinan! I wish he had his own TV show. He's a one stop entertainment shop.

http://www.facebook.com/sinancruisedirector

I am so happy to learn that Gem has a great CD. Jewell's CD was fantastic. NCL must know how to hire the best. Please tell me more about Sinan. We are sailing the Gem in 1 month. thank you:):):)

I read Matt got married and is no longer a CD. He will always be my favorite CD of the six cruise lines I have been on.

:( Matt Baker is working at an All-Inclusive in the Virgin Islands, I believe. His new wife is with him there.

That was a HUGE loss. He is fabulous.

I am so happy to learn that Gem has a great CD. Jewell's CD was fantastic. NCL must know how to hire the best. Please tell me more about Sinan. We are sailing the Gem in 1 month. thank you:):):)

I'm not sure how to describe Sinan. He is a one man entertainment show, comedian, Cruise Director and ball of high energy. Not only does he manage to be in several places at once, or so it seems, but he does this and manages to be one of the most entertaining aspects of being on the Gem all at the same time. I hope someone else can chime in with their thoughts, but I'll say this he is unforgettable! :D

He has a tendency to say "Mmmmmkay". (like an exaggerated okay) at the end of his sentences and it's so hilarious when he punctuates a sentence with it you can't forget it. DH and I went on the Gem at the beginning of January and sometimes when we say something to each other we still end it in "Mmmmmkay" and then start cracking up.

Bon Voyage you're going to have a great trip! The Gem is beautiful. Her atrium ceiling is my favorite.

Edited by xenagurl

Two of the best already identifieid- Patti & Jose, and Fire and Ice!!!!!

Definitely two acts not to miss!!!!

These fantastic musicians and singers engage the audience, encourage you to sing along, offer wide-ranging styes of music, and are genuine and friendly mingling easily with their audience members between acts and very gracious and appreciative of their quick to become fans.

As others have indicated - you need to arrive early since after hearing them for the first time, you want to keep coming back. You find your self singing, moving and having a wonderful time. Their energy is amazing and it enfuses the crowds and the crew!!!!

Totally agree - Jose and Patti mix it up for all styles of music and fire and ice's dedication to Tina Turner was "simply the best!"

:( Matt Baker is working at an All-Inclusive in the Virgin Islands, I believe. His new wife is with him there.

That was a HUGE loss. He is fabulous.

was a huge loss.. i think matt is back in whales now tho..

Fire and Ice. We saw them every night on cruises when they were on the Dawn out of NYC. Now they are on the Jewel through December. Wish they would move to the Gem! Bought their album several years ago on the Dawn, and we introduced Rosie to German Riesling wine one night after their show.:)