Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

Cat's Pajamas is my favorite. I feel like we stalk each other though. I have been on five cruises and they have been entertainment on three (Majesty, Jewel, and Dawn.). Maybe they are my favorite because I have not seen any others!

Fountains is usually at the end of the staff talent show, which is also some of the best entertainment. CD Johnny Cash Sanchez was fabulous in the talent show.

I would LOVE it if you were correct about Arvin and Emily, since they are my favorite entertainers and I will be on the Dawn in less than 3 weeks! I just did an internet search, and I believe you may be right!!! I can't wait!!

Thanks,

Karen

I have 14 months until I cruise on the Dawn and I would love it if they were still there when we sail. I know they work a couple of months and then go home for a month with their kids and family and then come back, so even if they are still on the Dawn, I may end up missing them.

Foutains are popular on many ships. We had them on Jewel and friends on Jade.

Oh but Sinan + Fountains is legendary! I have to see if I have some video of him in it and post. It goes from very funny, to tears rolling down your face funny because Sinan is just so full of life and it carries over.

I luv,luv,luv JeanPaul Parent--so, so funny and a talented magician!!! He is also extremely personable and down to earth. He is now back on the Jewel after a some shows in Vegas. Brenda Kaye, hypnotist is extremely funny and great at her trade. Do not miss her show(s). She is also on the Jewel.

I think Julien & Cecile, a couple of French acrobats I saw on Jade this year, were outstanding!!!! They really took my breath away. I've seen similar act on a Star in June, by Russian acrobats, but they didn't impress me as much. Also music band, A Sound Bites on Jade, I think they were very good.

• 1 month later...

Okay in this order Patti and Jose, Fire and Ice, Emily and Arvin were okay, but because they were in a poor venue on the Spirit didn't have the same impact. I loved Rosie's, from Fire and Ice's Tina Turner show. Are they still on the Jewel? I'm on in September for the Panama Canal cruise- would love it if they were still on. I oved the Jean Ann Ryan dancers also. Not so happy with the new company they now use.Johnny Ibrahim as a CD was great also. I loved the way he joined in all the activities. Sinan does nothing for me-too hard to understand.

Okay in this order Patti and Jose, Fire and Ice, Emily and Arvin were okay, but because they were in a poor venue on the Spirit didn't have the same impact. I loved Rosie's, from Fire and Ice's Tina Turner show. Are they still on the Jewel? I'm on in September for the Panama Canal cruise- would love it if they were still on. I oved the Jean Ann Ryan dancers also. Not so happy with the new company they now use.Johnny Ibrahim as a CD was great also. I loved the way he joined in all the activities. Sinan does nothing for me-too hard to understand.

I've not seen Fire and Ice on the Jewel, but I've not been on her in a while, hopefully someone can chime in with that answer.

I haven't heard of Johnny Ibrahim before.

Johnny was on the Dawn 2009 when I went to Bermuda, 2010 when I went to the Caribbean. He was everywhere and great fun too. He next went to either star or sky- I was told last cruise he was no longer with NCL. He was onboard with Fire and Ice (Bermuda cruise), then Jose and Patti,(Fire and Ice) also Dave Heenan and Bernie Martini. I would have to say my Dawn cruises have had the best entertainment. Jean Ann Ryan dancers were also on board. Our last CD we called MIA as we never saw him, only occasionally in the theatre introducing and closing shows. Overweight too, so perhaps he couldn't run up and down the stairs to all the activities as quickly as Johnny.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the list of acts on NCL that I will NEVER forget...

Fred Klett .. do my ears cup the light?

Elvy Rose ... I ate a one ton tomato...

Jane L Powell ... Chocolate goddess of love!

Romano Frediani ... a show 400 years in the making.

Sam Greisbaum ... Get in shape? Round is a shape...

Bud Anderson ... tell the kids at school Pamela Anderson is your Mom...

and for CD's

Kieron Buffery - best CD ... ever

Simon Murray - Totally Awesome

AJ Lewis - Laugh, Love and Live

plus Paul Baya, Ricky Matthews, Julie Valeriote, Linda Minikin and a whole lot more who made my families time the best times EVER...

I also loved the little girl on the Norwegian Star who once in awhile came out on the Stardust stage and sang "I'm a little tea pot"... her name was Hannah Farquhar.

Cheers,

Hannah's Dad

Nor will we forget your shows Shawn! I'm sure your name is in this thread and if not....one of the best shows I've ever seen (and been in) on board ship was Shawn Farquhar's magic show. He's a World Champion of magic and his lovely family performed with him. Best close up magic ever and an all around nice guy!

No particular order:

Drew DeFour saw him on the EPIC, we made almost every show even closed the place a couple nights. Very good musician he and his wife.

Leo on the GEM, same thing, we didn't miss his shows.

Sinan, what I can I say that hasn't been said. You really need to experience him for yourself. He annoyed me when he as ACD on the Dawn but he won me over on the GEM. Soo funny and the star of every show.

Fire and Ice/Rosie & Max, love them can't wait to spend every evening with them in Nov on the Jewel. Rosie even did a very good version of Alicia Keys No One (not an easy song) for our daughter who put in the request and she brought her DD (then age 5) on stage. Rosie has so much energy I don't know how she does it every night.

Oh one other memorable performer is Captain Roger on the GEM. If you are lucky enough he sometimes plays bass guitar and sings Wonderful Tonight at the Latitudes reception. Pics of Leo and Captain Roger are in the reviews in my signature.

Xenagurl why don't you join us for a thanksgiving cruise? Our M&G won't be the same without you.

Edited by scfa99

Thank you! I didn't remember their name but she was absolutely amazing, especially her Tina Turner. She ran around Spinnaker's on the Jewel last October and literally touched everyone in the room which was packed. I had an opportunity to speak with her after the show and suggested she add "Acid Queen" to her rep. She said she wasn't familiar with the song but would look into it. I hope she did.

Although she no longer appears on NCL, Jayne L. Powell will always have a special place in my heart. She was on my first NCL cruise (Norway, 2/97) and was an amazing performer. She was so popular they brought her back for a 2nd show during the cruise.

Last but far from the least is my good friend Ariel Jacobe who is just so friggin talented. It isn't enough that he plays piano so incredibly. It's not enough that he sings as well. It's not enough that his Sinatra is better than Sinatra's. He tops it all by being one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

There's plenty more clips on Youtube. Enjoy!

Ariel, introduced by non other than Matt Baker!!!