Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

Pablo Rodriguez. He was on the Spirit in Feb. 2011. The man can flat out play the guitar. He was full every night. He followed a twosome I believe called Twice as Nice. They were also awesome and filled the venue. Every night was pretty much the same. They got together on the second last night and it was just great. I would love to see Pablo on our cruise on the Sun next Feb.

Last year America's Got Talent had another magician who had worked on NCL. Scott Alexander. He was one of the performers on Pride of Hawaii in 2007. We enjoyed his show.

That would be Charles Peachock...he's doing some shows in Vegas right now

We enjoyed songs by Fabrizzio on Dawn and Jewel

2890739230107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

Out of dancer's group this year on Jewel Rachel Lamare

was absolutely amazing

2511594520107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

2975072200107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

2544467580107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

Whole group was very talented

I don't remember exact name but group Vibes provided many hours of great music

2068499390107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

2465450060107469839S600x600Q85.jpg

<<

"Real Vibes" on the Jewel were very talented, and their keyboardist/male vocalist, Dwight Blake from Jamaica, was terrific. Very entertained by his solo act in the atrium. Evidently he has performed on other Norwegian ships as well.

el henry

We love Jose and Patti, not only are they great musicians they are very personable. They always have a smile for everyone and love your requests. We were with them the first time they played in the main theatre after always playing in the lounge. The look on their faces when the lights came on, and they saw a packed theatre with people sitting in the aisles was priceless!

Tom and Jackie from Canada

Fred Klett was a comedian on the S. S. Norway. I also enjoyed the crew show Fountains on the Spirit.

Fountains, how could I forget Fountains! That is the best! Sinan was in Fountains on the Gem and that made it even funnier.

I'm really interested in see Fire and Ice, so many good things have been said about them.

• 3 weeks later...
Ariel Jacobbe! Cats Pajamas! Amadeus!

I'm so glad that someone mentioned Ariel Jacobe! He (yes, a he) is a phenomenal talent - he can pick up tunes on the fly, loves requests, and also likes sing-a-longs. I spent most evenings in Gatsby's listening to him.

I also have to say, contrary to most opinions here, that I was underwhelmed with Jose and Patti. They are undoubtedly very talented, but I didn't really like Jose trying to sound like the people whose music he was doing (Johnny Cash or Neil Diamond, for example). Also way too much talking. And even though we were on the Dawn from Boston, and I am a Red Sox fan, did we really need to hear Sweet Caroline at least twice a night??

Fountains, how could I forget Fountains! That is the best! Sinan was in Fountains on the Gem and that made it even funnier.

I'm really interested in see Fire and Ice, so many good things have been said about them.

Fountains really took me by surprise. That's classy entertainment.

Fire and Ice was this sort of phenomenon where they started playing to no one in the Atrium Lounge (May 26 on Jewel) and wound up packing bigger venues as word spread. It was like Tina Turner was 28 again.

Got to say I liked Jean Pierre Parent, the comic-magician, a lot too.

Jim

Fountains really took me by surprise. That's classy entertainment.

Isn't it? I'd love to see it featured at the Met one of these days. ;)

Fire and Ice was this sort of phenomenon where they started playing to no one in the Atrium Lounge (May 26 on Jewel) and wound up packing bigger venues as word spread. It was like Tina Turner was 28 again.

Wow, that says a lot about them. I'm truly looking forward to catching their act.

Got to say I liked Jean Pierre Parent, the comic-magician, a lot too.

I just looked him up on YouTube and realized that DH had a chance to go to a murder mystery dinner with him and a few other performers on our first NCL cruise on the Jewel 2 years ago. Definitely a highlight of that cruise. He is funny! It seems he can dance as well

Jim

------------------

#1 for us was Leo on the Sky in 2010. He played guitar and we listened to him for at least a while every night on the cruise.

#2 would be Arvin and Emily on the Spirit 2011. If they had been in a better location on the cruise ship we would have enjoyed them more. Their location was so crowded and busy it was hard to sit and enjoy them.

#3 Sharkbait on the Star 2012.

#4 Second City on both the Spirit and the Star.

OK - I'll vote for fountains too. I missed not having a crew talent show on the Star because that meant we didn't get to see Fountains.

Another great act was "Fire and Ice". They were an Ike and Tina Turner review. They also packed Dazzles Lounge when they performed.
Thank you! I didn't remember their name but she was absolutely amazing, especially her Tina Turner. She ran around Spinnaker's on the Jewel last October and literally touched everyone in the room which was packed. I had an opportunity to speak with her after the show and suggested she add "Acid Queen" to her rep. She said she wasn't familiar with the song but would look into it. I hope she did.

Although she no longer appears on NCL, Jayne L. Powell will always have a special place in my heart. She was on my first NCL cruise (Norway, 2/97) and was an amazing performer. She was so popular they brought her back for a 2nd show during the cruise.

Last but far from the least is my good friend Ariel Jacobe who is just so friggin talented. It isn't enough that he plays piano so incredibly. It's not enough that he sings as well. It's not enough that his Sinatra is better than Sinatra's. He tops it all by being one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

There's plenty more clips on Youtube. Enjoy!

Edited by cruise pup

When we first sailed on the Dawn out of New York, Anna Y Los Vientos were performing nightly in the atrium. Anna was the vocalist and her husband and his two brothers were on guitars. They were outstanding but no longer on NCL. I really miss them.

Another standout performer in Gatsby's lounge on the Dawn was vocal and keyboard artist Pamala Stanley. Hope to see her back on NCL before too long.

Finally, NCL has always had the best pianists performing on their ships. I consider it a real bonus for any NCL cruise if at least one of the following musicians is on board: Ariel Jacobbe, Vladimir Krevian, Fabrizio Caligaris and Bernie Martini. On a recent NCL cruise, I enjoyed a feast of riches as Ariel, Vladimir and Fabrizio were all on board at the same time. How lucky can I get?

When we first sailed on the Dawn out of New York, Anna Y Los Vientos were performing nightly in the atrium. Anna was the vocalist and her husband and his two brothers were on guitars. They were outstanding but no longer on NCL. I really miss them.

Another standout performer in Gatsby's lounge on the Dawn was vocal and keyboard artist Pamala Stanley. Hope to see her back on NCL before too long.

Finally, NCL has always had the best pianists performing on their ships. I consider it a real bonus for any NCL cruise if at least one of the following musicians is on board: Ariel Jacobe, Vladimir Krevian, Fabrizio Caligaris and Bernie Martini. On a recent NCL cruise, I enjoyed a feast of riches as Ariel, Vladimir and Fabrizio were all on board at the same time. How lucky can I get?

What ship was that?

• 1 month later...
Like the man/wife singing team called Arvin & Emily. They used to sing on the Spirit when it was in N.O but have moved to the Dawn.

I would LOVE it if you were correct about Arvin and Emily, since they are my favorite entertainers and I will be on the Dawn in less than 3 weeks! I just did an internet search, and I believe you may be right!!! I can't wait!!

Thanks,

Karen

Sinan and Fountains! :p Sinan was entertaining throughout cruise and I'm laughing now just thinking about him in Fountains. I believe it's only on the last night of the cruise so don't miss if you cruise the Gem. I was lucky to see the show on two different cruises and laughed my socks off.

What ship was that?

They rotate.

We had Vladimir and Fabrizzio on Dawn last summer, and Fabrizzio on Jewel this April. I usually don't know and remember names of entertainers, but these guys are very good.

Sinan and Fountains! :p Sinan was entertaining throughout cruise and I'm laughing now just thinking about him in Fountains. I believe it's only on the last night of the cruise so don't miss if you cruise the Gem. I was lucky to see the show on two different cruises and laughed my socks off.

Foutains are popular on many ships. We had them on Jewel and friends on Jade.