when does Marina go into drydock?

billy.qc

727 or so improvements were made on the Riviera, some of these will hopefully be made to the Marina ...does anyone know when the Marina is scheduled for dry dock??

I would not count on too many as it would be too difficult and costly to do anything "structural".

They will probably add shower heads into the bathtubs, I think.

Time will tell how many changes they will make.

Hopefully LuAnn will report about these changes from her T/A voyage after the dry dock.

Ah, that could be it. In 2013 Marina is doing Barcelona-Rio and at about the same time Riviera is doing Rome-Rio.

I'm just naturally focused on 2013 and not 2012!

mURA

I would not count on too many as it would be too difficult and costly to do anything "structural".

They will probably add shower heads into the bathtubs, I think.

Time will tell how many changes they will make.

Hopefully LuAnn will report about these changes from her T/A voyage after the dry dock.

...but the only "structural" change would be the increase in ceiling height on deck 14, many of the other "visible" changes that have been listed are to do with things like the lighting and flooring, which are easily accomplished in a dry dock refit...

cheers,

the Imagineer

...but the only "structural" change would be the increase in ceiling height on deck 14, many of the other "visible" changes that have been listed are to do with things like the lighting and flooring, which are easily accomplished in a dry dock refit...

cheers,

the Imagineer

You are correct, but the cost has to be a consideration and even some changes that are "easy" (lighting, flooring) will cost a lot of money when done on a large scale like this. Not to mention time restraints.

I suspect there is a list of priorities that we are not privy to and the ones deemed most important will be done this time and the others perhaps next time.

You are correct, but the cost has to be a consideration and even some changes that are "easy" (lighting, flooring) will cost a lot of money when done on a large scale like this. Not to mention time restraints.

I suspect there is a list of priorities that we are not privy to and the ones deemed most important will be done this time and the others perhaps next time.

Hi Paul, I just noticed this info in another thread regarding the Marina heading to drydock:

"Important Information: Marina November 15, 2012 Voyage

Dear Guests and Travel Partners,

In mid-November Marina will need to undergo a number of cosmetic enhancements that include retiling, re-carpeting, adding hand-held showers to both bathtubs and showers, adding glass partitions to the bath tubs and making some galley adjustments to facilitate exciting changes to certain menus. In order to avoid the disruption to guests that some of this refurbishment work would entail if it were done during a sailing, Marina will enter a seven-day dry-dock in Marseilles, which warrants the cancellation of her November 15, 2012 seven-day cruise from Barcelona to Rome.

We regret any inconvenience these changes may cause and hope you understand and appreciate the need for the actions being taken."

...so it may be that some of the flooring will definitely be changed, as for the lighting and some of the other several hundred differences, only time, and experience, will tell...;)

cheers,

the Imagineer

Hi Paul, I just noticed this info in another thread regarding the Marina heading to drydock:

"Important Information: Marina November 15, 2012 Voyage

Dear Guests and Travel Partners,

In mid-November Marina will need to undergo a number of cosmetic enhancements that include retiling, re-carpeting, adding hand-held showers to both bathtubs and showers, adding glass partitions to the bath tubs and making some galley adjustments to facilitate exciting changes to certain menus. In order to avoid the disruption to guests that some of this refurbishment work would entail if it were done during a sailing, Marina will enter a seven-day dry-dock in Marseilles, which warrants the cancellation of her November 15, 2012 seven-day cruise from Barcelona to Rome.

We regret any inconvenience these changes may cause and hope you understand and appreciate the need for the actions being taken."

...so it may be that some of the flooring will definitely be changed, as for the lighting and some of the other several hundred differences, only time, and experience, will tell...;)

cheers,

the Imagineer

Imagineer - thanks for that update.

We'll be on her starting Dec 27th - so we will see the changes.

Unfortunately for us, none of the issues addressed in the "retrofit" bothered us to any extent.

My biggest complaint (other than larger ship/bigger staff/more passengers = different dynamics) had to do with the layout of the veranda cabins and poor storage in them; small showers (but loved the rain shower head) and the odd sized and shaped furniture throughout the ship. The library and the theater designs were not "winners" in our book either.

Despite the smallish shower I will still mostly likely use it instead of climbing into and out of a tub.

We will love our cruise, no matter what, because it still is Oceania and the food is the best at sea!

Cheers,

Paul

I agree with you Paulchili re the theater. I was really surprised to see the theater with the big columns which affect the sightline. On a new, modern design, that would not have been necessary.

BUT I still love O--maybe the smaller ships other than the staterooms. We stepped down from the PH because we didn't need the Butler nor that much room. However, on the "Concierge" level, we LOVE the Concierge lounge. Great touch.

BUT I still love O--maybe the smaller ships other than the staterooms. We stepped down from the PH because we didn't need the Butler nor that much room. However, on the "Concierge" level, we LOVE the Concierge lounge. Great touch.

Great to hear this as I plan on booking a Concierge class on my next cruise. :D

cheers,

the Imagineer

Any chance you worked at Disney?....Imagineer is kind of a give away to some of us.....

Any chance you worked at Disney?....Imagineer is kind of a give away to some of us.....

...sadly, no, I am a professional photographer and my business is called ImaginePhotographics.com. But I have been asked that same question more than a few times, and I do love Disney stuff...

cheers,

the Imagineer

...sadly, no, I am a professional photographer and my business is called ImaginePhotographics.com. But I have been asked that same question more than a few times, and I do love Disney stuff...

cheers,

the Imagineer

At Disney Productions, an"Imagineer" was a bit senior to an animation artist...They were Walt's top animation people.....

Archived