Celebrity Website....Just shoot me now!

Tricia724

One can only hope that a different team is programming the ship's compters....

:D lol i think i'll ask when i board :p, luckily i'm travelling with my genius IT husband and will promptly offer his services for a suite upgrade.

So far I'm not too impressed with Celebrity systems. I booked on Saturday with a teachers discount.

They took the reservation but told me they couldn't show the discount. "A

This is why we book our airline employee discount via a TrAg. Instant discount, no waiting for corrections.

This is why we book our airline employee discount via a TrAg. Instant discount, no waiting for corrections.

I was blindsided by x's agent as he only mentioned that the discount would come later, at the end of the booking.

Plus he said it would only take a few days. The second agent said 10. If I thought there was any chance

of experiencing your problems FLACRUISER99, I would have gone TA. At some point I may transfer it over to a TA

if these issues are not resolved. I may transfer it over to a TA regardless.

BTW, I tried to make a booking for one of the specialty restaurants.This is the message I received.

The cruise you have selected does not offer this package at this time. Please contact Customer Service for more information

I wasn't actually planning on booking at this time but still...

Not very impressive service Celebrity IT.:(

After lurking on several boards for several years, it seems to me that the website/IT divisions of ALL the cruiselines are quite inadequate.

Here's my solution and I'm sticking by it!!! How about all the IT folk that are on the CC boards form a company and we offer our services to the cruiselines?!?!?

Win-win - they get a great website (and one that actually works) and we get the perks of <possibly> discounted cruises! :p:p:D:D

When booking my cruise I called Celebrity to try and book it but they were unable to give me the price offered to me through "their" website. They said that they couldn't "see" the price that I was seeing and that I should just book it on line! So that's what I did:-) So in my case the website worked better than booking with an "actual person". BTW...the agent even spoke to his supervisor who told him to tell me I should book online because they couldn't help me.

When booking my cruise I called Celebrity to try and book it but they were unable to give me the price offered to me through "their" website. They said that they couldn't "see" the price that I was seeing and that I should just book it on line! So that's what I did:-) So in my case the website worked better than booking with an "actual person". BTW...the agent even spoke to his supervisor who told him to tell me I should book online because they couldn't help me.

And... if you already have or know of a travel agent that offers "perks" you can transfer the booking within 60 days for a still better deal.:D

My inability to check for a particular available cabin is my SINGLE BIGGEST GRIPE about the web site. And I do know I can check other sites, but my favorite has not yet updated it's Summit deck plans. It worked at one time, so why not now? I just do not understand how this is part of their improvements. Please fix this, Celebrity. I love your product, but you do truly frustrate me at times. Vent over, for now.

Anne

still not working

Hi Lois :)

As someone who knows how difficult it is to get my husband on a cruise, would you believe that the site will not let me register him for his sea pass? Me yes, him no. Have been trying for days. Tomorrow, I will break down and call. Arrrgh

Anne

Hi Lois :)

As someone who knows how difficult it is to get my husband on a cruise, would you believe that the site will not let me register him for his sea pass? Me yes, him no. Have been trying for days. Tomorrow, I will break down and call. Arrrgh

Anne

Hi Anne:) too funny;)....hopefully customer service will help.

Oh wait, call Capt's Club.....ask for Ellen. She helped me recently

and was terrific:)

Their chat feature is worse than their web site.....and the people that staff the chat sessions have NEVER been able to assist! Usually they quote something from the website and if that doesn't help, they tell you to call.:confused:

I don't have much faith in any of their customer service!

I finally got someone on the phone after cursing at the computer in languages I didn't even think I knew....:eek: I told them that frankly their website "sucks" as far as being "user" friendly.......very nicely they informed me that "it's better then it used to be".......:confused:

After, using a back door way to access and print the Xpress pass, could not access from the email, I am trying to figure out how to get to the luggage tags.

Any suggestions? :(

After, using a back door way to access and print the Xpress pass, could not access from the email, I am trying to figure out how to get to the luggage tags.

It's been a while since I had to use a back door to access my reservation, although I'll have to do it again for my next cruise since that one resolutely refuses to appear in My Celebrity. I think when I succeeded in getting to a place where I could print my Xpress pass, the order luggage tags button magically appeared down at the bottom on the left. It doesn't appear (whether you go through the front door or the back door) until 6 weeks or so prior to sailing. So, if you're within that window and can't find it, I'd call Captain's Club. They're the ones who told me it was a "known issue" and provided the workaround. Good luck! It does get better on board.

Hi from an experienced IT "geek":

We just received our luggage tags, all "24" of them(lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

When I registered, the website was all over the place, but the luggage tags "icon" seems to pop-up at the beginning. You have to be careful with using the"back" buttons of your browser as most apps will not allow that. You tend to lose the session that you are in by doing that.

Anyway, log back in and see what pops up. When I get a few minutes I will do the "back-door" access and see if it pops up.

I could send you 20 slightly wrong luggage tags if you want!

Keep trying:

Gary & Norine

Bermuda Aug 26th

I have read many threads on CC complaining about the problems with the Celebrity website and have had my share, but I just ran into something I haven't experienced before.

At the present time, we have two upcoming cruises booked with Celebrity....a 14-day Southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse in December and a Galapagos cruise on Xpedition next April. I just went into my cruise reservations and attempted to call up shore excursions for Eclipse. Even though it says I am looking at excursions for Eclipse, the ports keep coming up for Xpedition.....and it keeps telling me that there are no shore excursions available. I have signed in and out of the website and tried everything I know to no avail.

I know it's no news to any of you (or me) that this website is a disgrace, but I just thought I'd add my current frustration in the hopes that collectively we may inspire the powers to be at X headquarters to DO SOMETHING!

to the TITLE of the op, (and having experienced some of the same stuff myself:rolleyes:) the only humane and compassionate response is... BANG!:D

Just got an email from Celebrity to print our Xpresss pass:

"To view and print your Xpress Pass, click on the link below and log in:

http://HTTPS://SECURE.CELEBRITY.COM/BEFOREYOURCRUISE/ONLINEDOCUMENTATION/HOMEDO

"

Go there, "page not found"

The URL looks truncated at HOMEDO in the email too. I can get to the pass through "Manage Reservation" just fine. Sigh. It can't be that hard to generate an email with a URL in it. Is it? Well maybe:

The email came from documentation@rccl.com

Most of the stuff dealing with my Celebrity reservation uses e.g. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/home.do

Maybe the IT from Celebrity needs to talk to the IT from RCCL and tell them what the correct web page is.

From the bottom of the email:

"- Your friends at Celebrity. "

I think I need new friends :)

Maybe the IT from Celebrity needs to talk to the IT from RCCL and tell them what the correct web page is.

Or better friends.:D

No sure RCCL is so good . They may be better but how much is that saying?

Perhaps the Celebrity phone people are monkeying up the on-line system to guarantee long term employment.

According to Celebrity's web site, when booking an air/sea package your transfers are included; Choice Air says they're not. So I called Celebrity but was quickly transferred to someone at Choice Air?? The answer I got was that transfers are not included, in fact they never were??? When I mentioned that the Celebrity web site indicates that transfers are included, I was asked where on the site? So I explained to the rep how to find the section online, but she still didn't seem to believe me. So I read this sentence from the site to her: "When purchasing air transportation through Celebrity Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included." At that point she stated that perhaps a "long time ago" the transfers were included but not now. Her only other comment was that she would speak to tech. No sorry for the misunderstanding, no I'll double check.

Just one more example of why Celebrity needs to pay closer attention to its web site.

Just got an email from Celebrity to print our Xpresss pass:

"To view and print your Xpress Pass, click on the link below and log in:

http://HTTPS://SECURE.CELEBRITY.COM/BEFOREYOURCRUISE/ONLINEDOCUMENTATION/HOMEDO

"

Go there, "page not found"

The URL looks truncated at HOMEDO in the email too. I can get to the pass through "Manage Reservation" just fine. Sigh. It can't be that hard to generate an email with a URL in it. Is it? Well maybe:

The email came from documentation@rccl.com

Most of the stuff dealing with my Celebrity reservation uses e.g. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/home.do

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :D

According to Celebrity's web site, when booking an air/sea package your transfers are included; Choice Air says they're not. So I called Celebrity but was quickly transferred to someone at Choice Air?? The answer I got was that transfers are not included, in fact they never were??? When I mentioned that the Celebrity web site indicates that transfers are included, I was asked where on the site? So I explained to the rep how to find the section online, but she still didn't seem to believe me. So I read this sentence from the site to her: "When purchasing air transportation through Celebrity Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included." At that point she stated that perhaps a "long time ago" the transfers were included but not now. Her only other comment was that she would speak to tech. No sorry for the misunderstanding, no I'll double check.

Just one more example of why Celebrity needs to pay closer attention to its web site.

Choice Air does not include transfers. Only Choice Air Plus includes transfers. They are 2 different programs.

Archived