"W" Guarantee on Oasis

Anyone ever do a "W" guarantee on Oasis and if so did you wind up with anything better than a JS? I know we will get at least that, just wondering what the odds were for an upgrade. We are sailing Dec.8.

No one knows the odds. They vary from week to week and ship to ship.

not looking "literally" for the odds just wondering if anyone had gotten something other than a JS with a "suite guarantee" :)

Yes, out of 3 "W" staterooms booked, we got one GS and 2 JS's. This was not on Oasis or Allure however.

We booked two suite guarantees last year on Oasis...ended up with two side by side Crown Loft Suites. :D:D You bet I will be looking for the same category upgrade for our upcoming September cruise on Oasis. Good luck on yours if you choose it!

Nancy

We booked two suite guarantees last year on Oasis...ended up with two side by side Crown Loft Suites. :D:D You bet I will be looking for the same category upgrade for our upcoming September cruise on Oasis. Good luck on yours if you choose it!

Nancy

Woo hoo!!Now THAT's what I wanted to hear!!:D I've already chosen for it and hopeing for the best!! Was it after final payment date that you saw the upgrade?

We booked about 40 days out and got our assignment in about a week ... JS (yes, were hoping for GS upgrade too!! But, perfectly happy with JS since that's what we always get anyway) ... we're on deck 7 midship on the second bump .... satisfied with that! Just looking forward to the Oasis and the price we paid by booking late and doing the GTY was worth it! Only did a GTY one other time ... again booked late, maybe 30+ days out on Holland America and once again, didn't get the 'deluxe' upgrade we were hoping for, but we were pretty high up and mid ship once again in the JS with a great price, so we're not complaining! Both times we really weren't planning on cruising, just looking and saw the price and opportunity, so went for it. I would definitely do it again. Good luck to you .. hope you get the upgrade, know many have .... just not us, but then I've never 'won' anyting, LOL!! Just happy to be going!:D

Woo hoo!!Now THAT's what I wanted to hear!!:D I've already chosen for it and hopeing for the best!! Was it after final payment date that you saw the upgrade?

We got our cabins about two weeks after we booked which was still a month prior to final payment. Loved the cabins! I check every day to see if they have opened them up. I know we probably won't get the same upgrades, but one can hope...

Nancy

We booked about 40 days out and got our assignment in about a week ... JS (yes, were hoping for GS upgrade too!! But, perfectly happy with JS since that's what we always get anyway) ... we're on deck 7 midship on the second bump .... satisfied with that! Just looking forward to the Oasis and the price we paid by booking late and doing the GTY was worth it! Only did a GTY one other time ... again booked late, maybe 30+ days out on Holland America and once again, didn't get the 'deluxe' upgrade we were hoping for, but we were pretty high up and mid ship once again in the JS with a great price, so we're not complaining! Both times we really weren't planning on cruising, just looking and saw the price and opportunity, so went for it. I would definitely do it again. Good luck to you .. hope you get the upgrade, know many have .... just not us, but then I've never 'won' anyting, LOL!! Just happy to be going!:D

We'll also be happy with JS if that's what we wind up with, I think it's a great stateroom for the money involved, but sure wouldn't refuse an upgrade to something better if it happens!!!:D

Booked a W, got a JS. What was interesting is that our cabin was assigned BEFORE final payment :eek: Might be because we have 3 in the cabin but with guarantee's & upgrades no rhyme or reason as to how Royal does what they do. If you look at the deck plans I don't think there is much to complain about the JR's locations. They are all at the aft elevators on the hump. Some do have a tad larger balconies and on the downside some are connecting. Once we were assigned we did move to the opposite side of the ship with no problems since another JS for 3 was still available. Goodluck!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived