Anniversary Dinner--What Night?

Mysteryreader

Our Bermuda cruise is to celebrate our anniversary. The actual date is the day we dock back in NJ therefore we'll be celebrating on another evening. I chose the date two days before, but I see now from the posted Dailies that that's formal night. Is that overkill? Do I want to switch the date? If so, to what?

M/R

Our Bermuda cruise is to celebrate our anniversary. The actual date is the day we dock back in NJ therefore we'll be celebrating on another evening. I chose the date two days before, but I see now from the posted Dailies that that's formal night. Is that overkill? Do I want to switch the date? If so, to what?

M/R

Totally up to you. Remember, the Speciality Restaurants are always Smart Casual so you may choose to go either formal or smart casual. Some want to avoid the formal, some look forward to it. Enjoy :)

... I see now from the posted Dailies that that's formal night. Is that overkill?...

I guess everyone has different outlooks on things, but for my DW and I celebrating our anniversary on a formal night would be a big plus and not "overkill".

What were you looking to do for a celebration? Were you looking to go to one of the specialty restaurants, ask for the waiter to bring a special anniversary cake or did you have some other sort of celebration in mind that might be affected by a formal night?

Celebrate your anniversary with a wonderful meal at Murano. You will have a table for two that is far enough from other tables that it's private, the service is wonderful and the food far superior to the main dining room.

I know that many feel that they don't want to miss formal night in the main dining room because that's when the great food comes out...the special menus......but while the menus usually have lobster and prime rib, it's not even close to what is served in Murano....and the atmosphere and tables in the MDR are the same as every other night....far from romantic and private.

Celebrate your anniversary with a wonderful meal at Murano....

A pretty good idea! But on the Summit the specialty restaurant of that type is called the Normandy and not Murano. Likewise, for others, the names are different on all the M class ships as well: Constellation has Ocean Liners; Millennium has the Olympic and Infinity has the SS United States.

Nirmandie would be a wonderful choice for your anniversary celebration. I highly recommend it. The service is fantastic and the food is excellent. Be sure to let them know in advance that you are celebrating a special occasion.

I have photos of Normandie in my Summit review. We ate there 3 times!

I haven't planned anything yet for on the cruise. If I ordered a cake...when should I do that and how far in advance...as soon as we board, the day of whatevery day I choose to surprise my DH?

After 25 years, not sure what to do to make it special...we are very practical, frugal, no - nonsense people. Of course, a romantic dinner would be nice in one of the specialty restaurants...but was thinking of something else as the practical side of me says....spend on something else? Any suggestions....

Our actual 25th anniversary was on 2/14/12....we've been together since high school and really are celebrating 29 yrs together on 7/3/12....have (1) beautiful daughter (who are cruising along with us and wouldn't have it any other way either) which took of almost 11 yrs to have. We are truly blessed

I haven't planned anything yet for on the cruise. If I ordered a cake...when should I do that and how far in advance...as soon as we board, the day of whatevery day I choose to surprise my DH?...

Just mention to the Maitre d', or assitant Maitre d', in the dining room that you'll be Celebrating your anniversary that night and they'll bring you a cake for no extra charge.

Archived