NY Webcam and Veendam (?) on Jeopardy

bcd2010

Just for fun. I'm on the east coast, watching Jeopardy - in most places it hasn't aired yet so you HAL and webcam lovers can still catch this. In the second game they had a category, WEBCAMS and the clue showed NY harbor from the Statue of Liberty cam. There is a ship in the picture with a white "top" and dark "bottom". My guess is it's the Veendam.

We saw that question last night. I recall the skyline, and a smaller white ship between the webcam and shore, on the right. Was the HAL ship in the port? Otherwise, I am surprised we missed it.

You sure have great eyesite, we heard that question and gave the correct answer, but missed seeing anything other than buildings and water.

Same here. But I was watching on the small screen in the kitchen, so that's my excuse. Isn't it funny the things you zero in on when you have an interest in something?

Truth is, when I saw that one of the categories was "webcams", I was primed to see if any of "ours" would be included. I knew from the words in the clue that it would be the S-of-L cam and was all set to see if any of "our" ships could be seen. I really didn't expect to, but was so excited when I saw it, I stared hard then ran to the computer to alert CC members! Wish I could have done a "screen print" of the TV screen!

Archived