Got upgraded. Anyone stayed in a BA Caribe balcony?

honeymoon06

We are sailing on the crown shortly and we had booked an inside cabin. We decided to pay to upgrade to a balcony yesterday and got given a BG cabin. Just logged onto princess and we've been upgraded to Caribe BA Cabin C406.

Middle of the ship which is great for us. Just wondering if anyone has experience of a cabin nearby or the balconies on Caribe deck.

I notice the cabin is almost opposite the laundry area. Is this likely to cause much noise at night?

Wow! Great upgrade. The Caribe balconies are larger and half covered. You made a good choice in upgrading and got lucky to land on the Caribe deck. I doubt you will have a problem being near the laundry room.

Caribe balconies are the best on the ship. They are larger than the standard and are partially covered. We prefer the Caribe deck.

We have been across the self service laundry on the Coral and never heard a sound come from there. It was pretty nice to just walk across the hall when we washed a load.

You'll love the location. We've since preferred to move toward aft because we like the motion. :p

We always book mid ship on the Caribe deck. I read that is is supposed to have less motion so good if you tend to get sea sick. The Caribe deck is 9x9 vs. 5x9 and is 1/2 covered and 1/2 open. You can sit under the deck above you and be completely private or for some sun, move out into the open. I am sure you will love having the larger balcony.

I have stayed on the Ruby in Caribe 402, my brother was in 406. Absolutely loved it. We have booked the Caribe 423 for our TA Baltic next spring. The best thing is you have the option of shade or sun, plus its larger. You are very lucky!!!!

We are sailing on the crown shortly and we had booked an inside cabin. We decided to pay to upgrade to a balcony yesterday and got given a BG cabin. Just logged onto princess and we've been upgraded to Caribe BA Cabin C406.

Middle of the ship which is great for us. Just wondering if anyone has experience of a cabin nearby or the balconies on Caribe deck.

I notice the cabin is almost opposite the laundry area. Is this likely to cause much noise at night?

We sailed in a BA to Hawaii on the Sapphire . Great cabin and balcony. The balcony is bigger than most balcony's but smaller then mini suites on the deck below.

You will have zero problems being near the laundry. We had an inside on the caribe deck that was next to the laundry. It was closed around 9 or 10 PM each night and reopened around 7 or so each AM. We never heard a single sound and it was so convenient.

Hi All We are sailing on the Grand in 10 days to scandinavia...we too were upgraded from BF to BA Caribe C312....we are also opposite the laundry room of which I usually have to walk along way to,:D as we launder quite often. really pleased with the upgrade and looking forward to our Cruise to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Belgium.

I've stayed on the Caribe deck in a Balcony and loved it. I was once in a balcony room near the laundry, but it was on the Emerald deck. We didn't find it disturbing, but we did find it more convenint for doing laundry and catching the washers and dryers when they were available.

We were upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a BA Caribe balcony last Nov on Ruby Princess near elevators. Loved the larger balcony and noise was never a problem in the cabin. We are booked on Emerald this coming Nov and recently found we had gotten the same upgrade from BG to BA Caribe again. Looking forward to it!

Great news!! We are on the Crown in October and our cabin assignment for our balcony gty is Caribe C310 and is near the laundry also. Bigger balcony AND the bonus of being near the ironing boards (for an ironing freak like me) makes me very happy. I was concerned about the noise from the washing machines but you have put my worries to rest. Thanks all!!

FWIW' date=' if you're an aft balcony fan you could swap for a bb if any are available. I recently made this swap. These bb aft balconies are also huge and are on several decks.[/quote']

After recategorization is effective in May 2013, those very popular aft facing BB balcony cabins will now become the most expensive balcony category cabins becoming a 'premium' B4 category. Unfortunately that's what happens when there's less supply than there is demand.

After recategorization is effective in May 2013, those very popular aft facing BB balcony cabins will now become the most expensive balcony category cabins becoming a premium B4 category.

Suddenly they may become a lot less popular... I thought it was April, 2013?

After recategorization is effective in May 2013, those very popular aft facing BB balcony cabins will now become the most expensive balcony category cabins becoming a 'premium' B4 category. Unfortunately that's what happens when there's less supply than there is demand.
Suddenly they may become a lot less popular... I thought it was April' date=' 2013?[/quote']
I thought it was in May but could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time! :p
The recategorization is being rolled out during April and May so you are both right depending upon the ship.

That is great. We were given our allocation today. I booked a BF on Ruby next month and now have a BB on C deck near the forward stair. I am delighted. I love the big balconies.

The recategorization is being rolled out during April and May so you are both right depending upon the ship.

I know for the Sapphire, when I look at the Deck plans, it asks me if I am sailing before or after May 17, 2012.

Speaking of the Sapphire, are the bigger balconies also on this ship? I booked what will be categorized as a BB cabin on the Baja deck next June, since the BB cabins on the Baja are more toward midships than on the Caribe. Is the bigger deck really worth the difference in location?

I know for the Sapphire, when I look at the Deck plans, it asks me if I am sailing before or after May 17, 2012.

Speaking of the Sapphire, are the bigger balconies also on this ship? I booked what will be categorized as a BB cabin on the Baja deck next June, since the BB cabins on the Baja are more toward midships than on the Caribe. Is the bigger deck really worth the difference in location?

IMHO, Yes. You can have sun or shade although they have removed some of the extra chairs that made them even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived