tender fees

NoobCruise

I'm trying to calculate how much we need to save so want to try to account for all costs. Are tender fees included in the price when you book or will those be charged during the cruise as an extra? If they're extras, how do I find out which ports are tenders and how much they'll charge for each tender port?

HAL shows which ones are tendered on their ports of call page but doesn't give a price. I can't find anything on Carnival.

..Are tender fees included in the price when you book or will those be charged during the cruise as an extra? ..

You've probably heard the term "tender tickets" but they are not something bought. They are just issued by the ship to control crowding. In general, those on ship sponsored tours will get off first, with tender tickets issued first-come, first-served to keep order. Once the initial crowed has subsided tender tickets won't be needed - just show up in the tender embarkation lounge if and when you want to get off.

The words "tender tickets" does confuse first time cruisers.

People are under the impression that they have to purchase tickets to use the tenders.

Sure hope the cruise lines don't decide to make this another nickle and diming thing.

And so far there aren't any charges for when people have to use the island's tenders in a few ports.

Actually, it wasn't the term "ticket" that got me. I've seen reference to "taxes, port fees, and tendering" on various booking sites. I see "taxes and fees" included on my booking. I just wasn't sure if that included tendering or if that would be added on to my sign and sail during the cruise like auto gratuities. They definitely include it somewhere because it takes gas to run the tenders and the drivers gets paid. I guarantee it's not a give away lol I'm glad to know it's covered in my cruise cost :)

Archived