Not a good feeling...

rmandmm

I really just kind of want to get this off my chest. Yes, I now know after reading things here I should've used a TA, but I didn't know at the time.

We booked our cruise many months ago and, due to an employment change, we moved a few months ago. I contacted my Regent rep to change my address via email and she said she changed it. It never updated online.

I contacted her again via email and she said she changed it again. It never updated online.

I contacted her AGAIN by phone and email and she said she changed it. It never updated online, but she assured me that my documents would be sent to the correct address.

I don't know if it's her incompetance or a "system" error, but our documents were delivered Tuesday to our old home. I find this out because I called yesterday and then today received a tracking number showing their delivery to the incorrect house.

And now I'm on hold, still waiting to even speak to anyone about it. I've been on hold for eight minutes. And I don't like it. I paid way too much for this kind of thing to happen, especially since I contacted them proactively to change my address.

I've read lots of "home-office" related posts, so I know I'm not alone, but I did need to vent. And, yes, I also realize that you don't technically need the documents, but it's the principle of paying so much and getting terrible service. Glad I'm OCD and kept a copy of all her emails.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Although Regent executives read the Regent board, if you have time, please send an email to Mark Conroy. While I rarely recommend that people email him, this, is something he really needs to hear. He will no doubt forward it to someone on his management team, but at least you will be heard. This should also remind posters who read this that booking with Regent, calling and asking questions, calling to change anything....... can lead to a lot of unnecessary frustration.

Really hope that you have a wonderful cruise -- in spite of the difficult beginning.:)

I understand your frustration. I would be frustrated too. I have been trying for the past 21 years to get American Airlines to fix the spelling of my first name in their computer. Multiple phone calls, emails, seeing an agent face to face--told everytime it is fixed, but then it defaults to the incorrect spelling. So it is probably a computer problem rather than the agent saying she fixed it when she didn't.

BYW, there is a notice on the Regent website that says they are having severe flooding in Miami and are short staffed. So that is probably why you are on hold so long.

Rest assured, once you are onboard, you will be glad you booked.

Thank you, TC2. The lady I spoke with a few moments ago says she has gotten things taken care of pretty quickly, and it did seem like she went through a different process than my normal Regent rep has the past three times I've asked her to change my address.

I sent today's rep my email string and she said she would send it to my assigned rep's supervisor. I will give him or her until close of business Friday to at least respond before I email Mr. Conroy, not that I have his email address. I'm sure it's out there somewhere and I will look for it.

And again, it's not that I need the documents; it's the principle of it.

I really hope someone from Regent responds to me without further action on my part. This is our first Regent cruise and I really hope it's not the last. I will definitely be reading on other luxury boards to see if someone else would be a better fit.

And I'll be using a TA for sure either way we go, although it is sad one has to hire someone to negotiate a luxury cruise without risk of disappointing results.

I understand your frustration. I would be frustrated too. I have been trying for the past 21 years to get American Airlines to fix the spelling of my first name in their computer. Multiple phone calls, emails, seeing an agent face to face--told everytime it is fixed, but then it defaults to the incorrect spelling. So it is probably a computer problem rather than the agent saying she fixed it when she didn't.

BYW, there is a notice on the Regent website that says they are having severe flooding in Miami and are short staffed. So that is probably why you are on hold so long.

Rest assured, once you are onboard, you will be glad you booked.

Thank you, RachelG. My first name is also Rachel (if that is actually yours that they're spelling incorrectly). Yes, I sent an email instead of calling in yesterday due to the weather. And my original rep is on vacation which also compounds the problem. It's just annoying.

Sorry for your frustration and very understandable, especially when waiting anxiously for the cruise docs! (I think we are on same cruise.)

For my part, I want to say this this is second Regent cruise that I've booked with them directly and have been impressed their handling of everything both times. I've used same rep for both cruises and he's been very thorough, knowledgeable and helpful. (I even received an email from him yesterday advising me of the flooding issues in Miami.)

I'm posting this not because I think your problem should be discounted (the handling was unacceptable!) but to point out that booking direct is not always a bad choice.

Hello w's,

So sorry to hear abt the mess, but I agree that once you're on board you'll no doubt love the Regent experience.

You used the word "hire" in talking about a travel agent. Just wanted to let you know that working with a TA should not cost you; indeed, TA's can usually get you perks that the Regent reps can't do.

Happy sails to you!

Hello w's,

So sorry to hear abt the mess, but I agree that once you're on board you'll no doubt love the Regent experience.

You used the word "hire" in talking about a travel agent. Just wanted to let you know that working with a TA should not cost you; indeed, TA's can usually get you perks that the Regent reps can't do.

Happy sails to you!

You're right of course, regarding the "hiring" word. I guess I mean that it's sad that booking direct, which seems like it would make Regent the most profit, is in most cases not going to get you the best in perks or service.

Another question my husband brought up (since we're newbies): Is there any identifying account information (passport, SSN, etc) in the mailed documentattion?

And a follow up from my new Regent person...they will overnight the documents, but she says they only mail out (from a 3rd party) on Wednesdays so it will be 5/31 before we receive them. If I didn't work for a large corporation that has it's own crazy nuances, I'd probably freak out that they can't correct it immediately...SOMEONE must have a Print option over there. Whatever. I'm sure when we get on the ship all will be well.

It does have your address, phone number and information on your emergency contact (as well as the dates you will be away)

Agree with posters that tell you what a wonderful time you will have once you get onboard. When you get back, we'd love to hear about your experience.

rwandmw,

Unfortunately, Regent's computer system is reliably unreliable. :eek: Luckily, there were no problems with our printed cruise booklet which I received a week or so ago. A couple of days ago, my TA emailed me a three-page document from Regent called a "FINAL CRUISE VACATION SUMMARY." It contains all the pertinent information for our cruise on June 3rd. I suggest calling your new Regent rep and requesting that she generate and email a Cruise Summary to you while you're waiting for your printed documents.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise once you get onboard. Good luck.

Yes, do keep in mind that there's nothing in this package that's essential for you to sail. There are luggage tags, but they can be got at the embarkation port. Regent doesn't actually even look at your documents any more when you board. And presumably you have your air e-ticket.

Yes, do keep in mind that there's nothing in this package that's essential for you to sail. There are luggage tags, but they can be got at the embarkation port. Regent doesn't actually even look at your documents any more when you board. And presumably you have your air e-ticket.

Thanks, I know this and like I said it's more about the principle of me telling them THREE times and they still got it wrong. It's more of the service part of it, not that I actually need them. Just frustrating--I guess nothing is frustration-free anymore.

I know I'm new, but I'm really glad you guys are here so I can have somewhere to talk and get responses! :)

Your passport number and SS number aren't in the documents mailed to you, so no worries there about someone else getting ahold of them.

Yes, my real name is Rachel. But AA is determined that it should be Rachael. I wouldn't be concerned, except that now your name on your airline ticket is supposed to match your ID exactly. No one has ever even mentioned it though, and I fly probably at least a couple of times a month.

Don't worry--you will have a great vacation once you get there!

Thanks, I know this and like I said it's more about the principle of me telling them THREE times and they still got it wrong. It's more of the service part of it, not that I actually need them. Just frustrating--I guess nothing is frustration-free anymore.

I know I'm new, but I'm really glad you guys are here so I can have somewhere to talk and get responses! :)

I totally agree. The cruise documents, for Alaska trip that just concluded a couple of weeks ago, were delivered to our Toronto address while we were still at our Florida address. It worked out okay, since someone was here to receive them, but the irritation was that no one asked--usually the address of delivery is confirmed before they're sent. So I hear ya!

You will have a wonderful trip once onboard. Try to leave the frustration with Regent on the dock (or before). As others have said, find yourself a TA specializing in luxury cruising. There are good ones out there and your planning will be so much easier. Bon Voyage!!

Sorry you have been dealing with all this frustration, not a great way to start a vacation. Glad, too that it has now been worked out and taken care of.

One question though, did you go to your account and try updating your profile information with your new address? That might have resolved the problem, and you probably did, but you didn't mention that so just thought I would ask. Doing that should have updated things online, and I am puzzled as to why things didn't update, if the Agent changed it, and certainly understand your frustration.

But, you might go into your profile and check to make sure the address is now updated, which it most likely is, and make sure when you change anything in the future you remember to scroll down and click on "save" Not defending the original Agent's mistake, but if she/he forgot to do that, then everything reverts back to the original. (I mention that because I have on occassion forgotten to do that when updating something and had to start over) And, as others have said, there could have been a computer glitch. But still.....things like that are just plain annoying and frustrating for sure.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

One question though, did you go to your account and try updating your profile information with your new address?

Yes, I did actually months ago and I did this again yesterday, in addition to speaking to the agent. It is still showing my old address, which makes me feel strangely a little better since that supports a computer glitch rather than terrible service situation.

And, DaveFr, she did say she'd email me the cruise summary but it hasn't arrived. I will probably follow up with her today. Poor agent, probably wishes she wasn't the one who answered my call.

I know everyone is tired of hearing my woes, as I know I am. Truly looking forward to relaxing in a couple week. Thanks, everyone, for advice and listening! :)

That certainly is strange that it apparently won't update, and I agree it would seem there is some kind of computer issue rather than with yourself or the Agent at Regent. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon and others won't have this issue.

I'm sure once onboard you will be able to forget all this and have a wonderful time. :):)

Archived