Formal Nights on Noordam

coffeehit

My DH and I are going on our first cruise 5th October 10 day roman empire and are wondering when the formal nights will be.Has anyone rented their suits/tux for these dinners??? Also are we better to pre book dinner at pinnacle grill or wait till on board??

We're on the 25 September Enchantment Cruise. Ask your PCC which nights they "think" will be formal nights. Based on that, book all your Pinnacle nights as soon as you board (not after you sail!). We prefer not to pre-book Pinnacle because itineraries and formal nights change frequently prior to boarding. If you are booking "as you wish dining" or want to change from early to main dining, do that immediately upon boarding, also.

My DH and I are going on our first cruise 5th October 10 day roman empire and are wondering when the formal nights will be.Has anyone rented their suits/tux for these dinners??? Also are we better to pre book dinner at pinnacle grill or wait till on board??

Hi Coffeehit, we sailed on the Noordam in the Med last year and it was fantastic. We had been given a free Pinnacle dinner because we booked on Amex for the first night , however we had no problems changing the night and booking additional nights once on board. In regards to the tux rental, we used an American company that delivered to HAL ships. The service was outstanding and my husbands and sons tux was already in our room on embarkation. We rented the tux because after the 20 day cruise we still had another six weeks touring Europe and did not want to lug around two suits. I'm not sure if I am allowed to mention who they were, but we found them on the Holland website. The company also hires out dress shoes and other formal wear items - have a great time and make wonderful memories:)

My guess for your formal nights are the two sea days, 10/5 and 10/13, and possably a 3rd one on 10/9 when you leave Katakolon at 3:00p. I suggest you call Ship Services at 800-541-1576 to confirm that and make your reservations prior to boarding since some nights may get sold out early. If necessary you can try to change reservations on board, or cancel any that dates that aren't good once you see the definite formal nights.

Because Med cruises are so port intensive, a formal night might be on a non-sea, early departure day. We took the Noordam's TA cruise last October. If memory serves me correctly, our first formal night was the second day when we were in Monte Carlo. However, it was an early departure from that port, i.e. 4:00 p.m., I think.

thanks for all your info.....I will book the Pinnacale before we leave then at least I will have that locked away ...as to formal nights I will talk to our TA see if he can confirm those nights.....I guess I just needed to really know that they wouldn't be on the day we in Santorini port as that will be our Anniversary and had hoped to go to Pinnacle Grill that night and according to the schedule that is a 6pm departure.

Just need to look into that suit hire cause we quite keen to dress up for the formal nights and DH doesnt really want to take along his suit:)

We've never cruised before and this post has added to the many things I'm confused about! We're booked for the dining at 8pm option - presumably in what people refer to as the MDR (main dining room?) but now I'm wondering if formal nights are only in the Pinnacle? Can anyone advise please as I like getting dressed up and was looking forward to formal nights without thinking I had to book anything myself?

We've never cruised before and this post has added to the many things I'm confused about! We're booked for the dining at 8pm option - presumably in what people refer to as the MDR (main dining room?) but now I'm wondering if formal nights are only in the Pinnacle? Can anyone advise please as I like getting dressed up and was looking forward to formal nights without thinking I had to book anything myself?

Formal nights are held in the MDR. There is no need to make reservations to participate.

Formal night attire is also observed in the Pinnacle Grill on the these nights.

Maybe some people don't want to miss the special menu in the MDR on formal nights so they book the Pinnacle Grill on other nights?

Archived