Privee

Ms Understood

They refused to let us order from more than one restaurant. Each of us had to order all courses from the same restaurant. No ability to order even one thing from the other one. The chef said that in the morning and "Daniel", the server, did the same.

Very disappointing.

Next time make it a point to talk to the GM..

Jancruz1

While of course I believe Goldmann and the handful of other who for some unknown reason were deprived from selecting from both menus on their visit to PRIVEE, I GUARANTEE you that whatever mis-communication, erroneous training etc ay have occurred in the past has been corrected and you and your dining companions will be able to order anything and everything from BOTH menus.

FDR

Thank you frank... We never had any problem but were merely trying to confirm policy and practice still align. Our experience has been when the rare mistake occurs you and your staff move heaven and earth to rectify any problem. That has been demonstrated on this thread, shipboard and all through the O system. It is greatly appreciated.

While of course I believe Goldmann and the handful of other who for some unknown reason were deprived from selecting from both menus on their visit to PRIVEE, I GUARANTEE you that whatever mis-communication, erroneous training etc ay have occurred in the past has been corrected and you and your dining companions will be able to order anything and everything from BOTH menus.

FDR

I am so relieved and confident with the response by FDR. I have Privee reserved for our private tour group on the 02/02 Riviera sailing and now know that our group will enjoy the exquisite opportunity afforded by Oceania's offerings while dining in Privee. Thank you Mr. Del Rio for listening, it does pay dividends!

Not Privee just a Penthouse on Riviera. We we encouraged to order from just one venue.

I understood from many posts on this board that we would be able to order from any of the restaurants and mix them up, i.e. DW's main from one and I order a main from another. I was very much looking forward to this variety. Our first time on a Penthouse and thought this would be a great feature.

However our butler did not offer this and in fact was passively discouraging. When we said we wanted to dine in our stateroom that night he clearly asked which ONE of the restaurant's menus did he want us to bring to the cabin. I did ask for two but we ordered everything from one. DW did not want to ask for 'something special'. Anytime this came up it was always which one do you want. I did not want to press the issue and we ordered in only twice in the almost two weeks.

I know from posts here that many, many pax like in-suite dining and it may be nice in a suite vs. penthouse but I feel a little like I am eating in bed with the table at the foot of the bed.

I thought we would use this amenity often especially with port-intensive, long shore days. In the end though just twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Perhaps if the butler had been more accommodating we would have used this more. We never questioned with him it so he was never in a positon to day 'no' or suggest 'why not' but the message from him was clear that he would prefer to not serve from this deck and that.

In fact the only reason we ordered in the 2nd time was because at the time we could not get additional reservations in any of the specialty restaurants except for an offer of Red Ginger on the last night. There were a couple of items I wanted to try (from Jacques and from Toscano) and with having just the one reservation in each would not have been able to try it.

Certainly not the end of the world but not what we were expecting.

Just add this as a footnote to the 'just one menu' for Privee.

It seems confusion continues to exist.

When we were on Marina in Oct 2011 our butler brought us all the menus and said we could mix and match. I do NOT recall if we did! But I do recall that he said we could.

This may be a question of how much butlers (and others) want to put themselves out. But certainly, there should be a set policy that they adhere to -- not that they set for themselves.

Our butler on Regatta last August told us that he'd never see us on Marina or Regatta, because those butlers are all from India (and he was from Eastern Europe). That puzzled me, too. Maybe butlers on the "O" ships get higher training, but our guy on Regatta was as good as our butler on Marina. (Which is to say that both were superb.)

Mura

I would say it was because our waiter, Daniel from Toscana, had such a poor attitude, but it started in the morning with the Chef. He said only one menu.

It was the ONLY thing on our Marina cruise that wasn't "over the top" outstanding. Really, really an outstanding cruise. :)

Archived