Beverages included?

We are going on Mariner of the Seas in Feb. 2013.

I understand that soda and alcohol are not included in our cruise fare. But what is? Milk, juice, tea, coffee and water? Lemonade?

Is there a place you can go and get yourself (or your child) a cup of water, or do you have to go to a bar?

Also, if we pay to order a soda at lunch or dinner, do we get free refills? How do they manage drinks at buffets? Does a waiter bring drinks you order, or is there self serve fountain?

Thanks in advance!

I understand that soda and alcohol are not included in our cruise fare. But what is? Milk, juice, tea, coffee and water? Lemonade? Yes to all, with addition of iced tea. Juice is available at breakfast only. Some ships also have flavored water drinks.

Is there a place you can go and get yourself (or your child) a cup of water, or do you have to go to a bar? On Mariner, Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours for water, coffee, or hot tea. During Windjammer (buffet) hours, you can walk in and get the other drinks too.

Also, if we pay to order a soda at lunch or dinner, do we get free refills? Don't know this one. How do they manage drinks at buffets? Does a waiter bring drinks you order, or is there self serve fountain? Both

Thanks in advance!

See answers in RED above.

There is also an unlimited soda package available for $6.50 per day. This must be purchased either before the cruise, or on the first day, and must be purchased for the entire cruise.

Yes..you got the included drinks right. The WJ has a water dispenser, but ANY bar will give you ice water, as will any eating venue. And, you will have ice in your cabin and a faucet....that's a DIY thing!

If you buy a soda without the package, you get 1 can....that makes 2 glasses of soda. The "package' is for fountain soda...not cans.

The buffets are self-serve, except at dinner, when they MAY get you something without you're having to get up....that's "hit or miss".

I understand that soda and alcohol are not included in our cruise fare. But what is? Milk, juice, tea, coffee and water? Lemonade?

Is there a place you can go and get yourself (or your child) a cup of water, or do you have to go to a bar?

Also, if we pay to order a soda at lunch or dinner, do we get free refills? How do they manage drinks at buffets? Does a waiter bring drinks you order, or is there self serve fountain?

Thanks in advance!

Water - you can go to any bar, or food venue to get water. Better idea is to bring a refillable water bottle with you and fill it up on a regular basis so you'll alway have it handy for your child.

Milk, Hot and Iced Tea, Lemonade and non-bottled water is free

Juices - Orange Juice ( not fresh squeezed ), apple and sometimes tomatoe juice are avialable and free only at breakfast time.

Fresh Squeezed Orange juice is NOT free and you need to be careful as waiters are walking around in the morning with trays of this. People don't realize there's a charge until after they've taken it off the tray and had a sip.

Soda - No free refills ever !!!

Buffet - there's a drink station for only the free items. Waiters will be walking around if you want to purchase a Soda .

You may have to ask your cabin steward to keep ice in the cabin. You will need the ice if you drink water from the tap - ship fresh water lines run through some fairly warm environments and the water tends to come out somewhere between warm and hot a few seconds after you turn on the faucet.

All beverages in the cabin fridge are charged.

How is the lemonade?

One thing that I like about Carinval is their lemonade on the lido. I don't like the "fountain soda" type lemonade (think fast food joint) nearly as much.

Is the iced tea powdered or brewed?

How is the lemonade? One thing that I like about Carinval is their lemonade on the lido. I don't like the "fountain soda" type lemonade (think fast food joint) nearly as much. Is the iced tea powdered or brewed?

Lemonade is usually strong. I think the iced tea is powdered. However, this is easily fixed. I sometimes make my own lemonade with the fresh lemons (usually near the iced tea) because sometimes I want to use yellow packet of Equal (their version of Splenda) instead of sugar. As for the iced tea, you can always brew your own in a cup an pour it over ice -- but I find the pre-made iced tea to be OK. Try half iced tea and half lemonade.

More tips and tricks. If you have Cafe Promenade, the coffee there is usually stronger (and better I think) than the buffet or MDR. I often mix a packet of the dark hot chocolate with my Cafe Promenade coffee for a free mocha. And for a free milk shake, put some chocolate soft serve frozen yogurt (usually near the pool) in a glass and stir in some milk (ask the waiter in the buffet for a carton of milk).

Archived