How About a Big Welcome For This Princess First-Timer?

madelinerose

Hi, everyone, new Princess cruiser here. ;)

I just booked E730 on the brand, new Crown for September 3, 2006. :D

After extensive research, I decided on the 9-night Eastern Caribbean cruise that includes a day in Bermuda (DH and I love Bermuda).

For a ship that will be "lived in" for less than 3 months, a mini-suite that's almost fully aft, and 9 nights, the price cannot be beat!

Another great reason for booking (imho) we can take Amtrak to NY and be there in a 2.5 hours. No airports! ;)

Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the deck plans are the same as the Caribbean - lol!

Welcome to Princess!!!!! :) Hope that was a big enough welcome! :D

Hi Heather!! We just got back a couple of weeks ago from the Caribbean Princess!! Thought about all of you! Missed all of you while we were onboard!! Hope all has been well with you!! Barbara :D

Welcome Madelinerose!! :D We cruised with Prophotogirl last fall!! Great time with the Cruise Critics!!

Welcome Madeline to Princess. I have sailed the old Crown Princess. It will be interesting to see how the new one is. Well I do know one thing, it is bigger.

Marilyn

23_3_36.gif..........what a great way to take a first cruise, a train and a ship. That is just what we did on our first. Hope you get lots of good information here on cc, be sure to ask any and all questions, that is half the fun of waiting. We love Princess and have said if we had to pick just one line to sail it would be Princess, how nice we do not!

After extensive research, I decided on the 9-night Eastern Caribbean cruise that includes a day in Bermuda (DH and I love Bermuda).

For a ship that will be "lived in" for less than 3 months, a mini-suite that's almost fully aft, and 9 nights, the price cannot be beat!

Another great reason for booking (imho) we can take Amtrak to NY and be there in a 2.5 hours. No airports! ;)

Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the deck plans are the same as the Caribbean - lol!

BIGEST WELCOME I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO WRITE

WOW! What a great welcome party! This is not my first cruise, just my first on Princess and it looks like we're in for a really great time.

Thanks for all of the HUGE letters! LOL! :D

I've got tons of posts scattered all over the place, so you can be sure I've gotten 99.9% of my Princess questions answered. Decided to try Personal Choice dining and I only want an upgrade if it's to a full suite. ;)

Have a great night...martinis are on me!

Welcome

We sail her Oct. 9th/06 on the same itinerary. We too, were drawn because of Bermuda (and NYC). Our TA says deck plans are supposed to be identical to Carribean Princess. We too booked our room from the CP deck plans. Hope you enjoy your cruise. We will look forward to a review.

Sue

madelinerose,

Glad to hear that all of your research paid off. Sounds like you made an excellent, informed decision. Have a wonderful cruise!

Welcome to the Princess boards Madelinerose! I'm sure you'll find great people here who will do their best to answer your questions. We'll have questions for you though after your cruise onboard the Crown. That's a ship we're all very interested in.

madelinerose

One more welcome to the board. Very smart taking Amtrak to the ship. We've done that several times in connection with Left Coast repositionings.

Hopefully, Mineta & Bush's Amtrak plans will be short-circuited, and funding will be restored.

In just a few weeks, we'll be Amtraking it to NY for 4 days. We like Amtrak and love NY.

madelinerose

One more welcome to the board. Very smart taking Amtrak to the ship. We've done that several times in connection with Left Coast repositionings.

Hopefully, Mineta & Bush's Amtrak plans will be short-circuited, and funding will be restored.

I am thinking of taking a Hawaii honeymoon cruise on the Island Princess :D. I am also going to go Amtrak, getting to Los Angeles is a mess!

I just requested some brochures and on their welcome letter they have a 'free $120 coupon booklet' coupon attached ;).

btw Welcome! though I'm a n00b as you ;):p. Me & Hubby can't wait to cruise for the first time!

Have a wonderful honeymoon.

That's a great coupon! We used some Amex Rewards points and the AAA discount. Our round trip fare was $266.20, but we only have to pay $66.20 for both of us. That's a cheaper fare than taking the bus to NY.

Yes, driving to NY can be a nightmare also. :eek:

Enjoy!

I am thinking of taking a Hawaii honeymoon cruise on the Island Princess :D. I am also going to go Amtrak, getting to Los Angeles is a mess!

I just requested some brochures and on their welcome letter they have a 'free $120 coupon booklet' coupon attached ;).

btw Welcome! though I'm a n00b as you ;):p. Me & Hubby can't wait to cruise for the first time!

Hi, I am new too. I have sailed on Carnival and Celebrity. Although we loved Celebrity, they did not have what we wanted. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in March. We are really looking forward to a new Line.

Archived