2014 South Pacific?

2poolesrus

Does anyone know when the 2014 Dates will be released for Oceania Marina to the South Pacific. Thank you

If I know Oceania, they are going to wait to see how 2013 is selling before committing to another season there.

With air travel being the nightmare that it is, the South Pacific is bound to be a soft market. Getting there is definitely NOT half the fun. :mad:

Does anyone know when the 2014 Dates will be released for Oceania Marina to the South Pacific. Thank you

They will be going there, the brochures and info usually comes out in September..

Jancruz1

Best source for sales info is always the cruise line. I'd expect South Pafific to be a strong market in 2014 with Europe falling over the financial clff, Greece will be a memory, France voting for a twenty hour work week, etc. etc. Flight time depends on where you live.:cool:

Best source for sales info is always the cruise line. I'd expect South Pafific to be a strong market in 2014 with Europe falling over the financial clff, Greece will be a memory, France voting for a twenty hour work week, etc. etc. Flight time depends on where you live.:cool:

Unfortunately reservations does not have this information yet..

Jancruz1

Oh dear, do you really think so? We have our heart set on the Aegean Gems cruise, (hopefully on Riviera) for 2014. The Greek Islands and Dalmatian Coast are two places we have never visited and we're planning our 40th Wedding Anniversary around that trip. This is very sad!

Oh dear, do you really think so? We have our heart set on the Aegean Gems cruise, (hopefully on Riviera) for 2014. The Greek Islands and Dalmatian Coast are two places we have never visited and we're planning our 40th Wedding Anniversary around that trip. This is very sad!

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Somehow the Med and the Carib seem to be a bottomless pit - there are always people who have either never been there or can't get enough of the same old/same old.

I am sure that either Marina or Riviera (or both :mad:) will be back there in 2014 :D

My previous remarks were not to imply O or any other line would not be in Europe for the 2014 season. A check of current South Pacific sailings for both this year and 2013 show strong demand for that local. On the flip side Alaska is showing big O weakness; it is a very crowded market with the likes of Princess, RCI, and HAL dominating and catering to the family and summer masses. When I first did it in 1979 on the old Sun Princess I think only Princess and HAL were present, or at least dominate. Skagway's main street was dirt and we never saw more than a single ship in any port. Now they may dump over 10,000 people into Skagway in a day and it is Waikiki of the north.

Something to be said about "the good ole days'.:cool:

FDR sent me the following regards Polynesia in 2014:

To: Colonelretwes

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:07:03 AM

Subject: Re: French Polynesia--Riviera?

Marina sails Polynesia in 2014

Fdr

They will be going there, the brochures and info usually comes out in September..

Jancruz1

Any recommendation on what months of the year are the best for cruising the South Pacific as far as weather is concerned? We would love to do a South Pacific cruise that includes port stops in Australia and NZ. :)

We were on Regatta for 21 days in March and had very little rain. One huge downpour in Noumea, New Caledonia. A bit of drizzle on a couple of other days but no biggie. At least that I can recall. Others may have better memories than me!

Mo

Archived