The Sea is Calling

Hi Everyone. I'm usually not a fan of commercials but I have to say I love RCCL new commercial with the sea shell. I get excited everytime it comes on. Not only does the voice sound like a Disney princess but it just makes me want to go on a cruise tomorrow. Why couldn't have I been walking down the street when a sea shell rang? I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. Just thought I would throw out a upbeat thread! Does anyone else love that commercial?:D

They kind of bothered me at first, but now I do like them....maybe it's because I wasn't booked on a cruise before :p Now I have something to look forward to! I still miss the "Get out there" ads from a few years ago. It always reminds me of our very first cruise on the Adventure because they played it constantly on the TV's in the cabin. Any time I here a song even similar to that Iggy Pop song my mind goes directly to cruising! :)

Hi Everyone. I'm usually not a fan of commercials but I have to say I love RCCL new commercial with the sea shell. I get excited everytime it comes on. Just thought I would throw out a upbeat thread! Does anyone else love that commercial?:D

I also LOVE that commercial, so much that I have it as my ring tone on my cell phone. I get excited every time I hear my phone ring - nobody else seems to get it....LOL

I also LOVE that commercial, so much that I have it as my ring tone on my cell phone. I get excited every time I hear my phone ring - nobody else seems to get it....LOL

That is such a good idea. Now I have to change my phone ringer. I'm glad I'm not the one who loves that commercial. For a minute I thought maybe I was a little crazy for posting this. Heehee It doesn't take much to amuse me. :D

Love it...living in Florida we have many shell stores..and every time DH and I are in one ...I pick up a shell and tell him "honey its for you"!

I think he got the hint..looking forward to the Freedom is September!

Looks like I'm the odd man(really woman) out here........at first,I liked it.....now,not so much..

I still miss Lust for Life.......that is my RCCL ringtone.......so if they ever call me with an upgrade:rolleyes:,I'll be sure to pick up:p:p

I like their new "The Sea is Calling, Answer it Royally" tag line.

I don't think much of the shell phone thing. It seems puerile to me, and not what I expect out of RCI. I wish they would develop a campaign that is less cheesy.

Looks like I'm the odd man(really woman) out here........at first,I liked it.....now,not so much..

I still miss Lust for Life.......that is my RCCL ringtone.......so if they ever call me with an upgrade:rolleyes:,I'll be sure to pick up:p:p

I think if "The Sea is Calling" followed "Lust For Life" most would dislike it.

But following "Why Not" it can only be an improvement!!!:D

I'm with you! I miss Lust for Life, it's got a good beat to it. And as much as I'm partial to Royal Caribbean, my right tone is the Theme from the Love Boat, as that is where I met, and later proposed to be DW!

Now, if she is calling me........It's Donkey calls Shrek!!:D:D

Rick

I also love these commercials! The woman's voice is so appealing to me - when I hear it I want to stop what I'm doing and find a playground or ride a bike or CRUISE. She sounds so relaxing and playful. And whoever thought of the shell was very clever-we all picked one up at sometime and listened so it was a natural thing to do.

At first I didn't care of it but now I do. The only time it drives me bonkers is when I am on hold for about 15 or more minutes. Then I want to scream, all right you calling me but now I am calling you, so pick up the darn phone already :p!

How can I get it as a ring tone?

my son did it for me (of course...these young ones are so tech savvy) I think he downloaded it and saved it on my iphone then put it in. I know this sounds so generic - I can get the real specifics tomorrow if you need them.

my son did it for me (of course...these young ones are so tech savvy) I think he downloaded it and saved it on my iphone then put it in. I know this sounds so generic - I can get the real specifics tomorrow if you need them.

I would love to know how to put it as my ringtone. Please tell how he did it. I'm not tech savvy either. I need all the help I can get. LOL:p

I like their new "The Sea is Calling, Answer it Royally" tag line.

I don't think much of the shell phone thing. It seems puerile to me, and not what I expect out of RCI. I wish they would develop a campaign that is less cheesy.

I think maybe "cheesy" is the point, after all The Love Boat was pretty cheesy and it did quite well. :D

We love the original commercial. A friend that lived in Key West sent me a huge shell many years ago. Sometimes I place that shell in odd places just to entertain the GF. We saw the original commercial on TV recently, after having not seen it for a while, and it really brought back memories of our cruise in January and got us excited about our next one in September. For us, it's not really 'line specific' but just came to represent the thought of being at sea.

I would love to know how to put it as my ringtone. Please tell how he did it. I'm not tech savvy either. I need all the help I can get. LOL:p

ok, all I know now is that we only know how to do it for the iphone.

I have the file and I can send it to you.

Archived