Beware uk cruisers are 2nd class

I have been on the phone with RCCL UK for the last few days trying to sort out an issue and it’s left me feeling like a 2nd class cruiser

I am booked on the IOTS in October having had to change the date from April due to commitments with the Olympics. RCCL where very good and changed the dates and let me keep the OBC. Minor issue with the OBC not being transferred but in general very pleased with the two insides on the IOTS

I happened to be looking on-line for price drops and found a cruise in September. 2 junior suites on the Liberty Of The Seas for a fraction of the cost of our insides. I promptly courtesy held both suits received my confirmation emails for both cabins and then phoned RCCL UK. And this is when it all fell apart.

The customer service lady I spoke to (cannot remember her name) went through the costing which came out a lot higher than the on screen price, JS cabin for 3 £1024 her price £1700+ so I queried this and was told the price was for “new customers only” and you could tell she was starting to get flustered I explained there was nothing near the price or obvious to say this was for “new customers only” she became more flustered. She told me I could transfer at the price she had quoted but it would cost £300. I then asked if i cancelled my original booking and lost my deposit could I book the on screen price no problem she said.(ha) Then she told me there was a problem with the booking and it had disappeared, at this point I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she would get one. And the phone went quite no jingle nothing. I waited on the line for about 5 minutes I heard a click from my phone like someone picking up the phone and I said hello, the phone clicked again like someone putting the phone down. I was determined not to be ignored and held on for 50 minutes with someone on the other end intermittently picking up the phone but not saying anything.

At this point I got fed up and redialled customer services where a very helpful lady called Jade listened to what I had to say and asked if she could put me on hold whilst she spoke to her supervisor I said I hope I would not be left me on hold for 50 minutes again when Jade came back a few minutes later I joked at least I did not have to wait 50 minutes again she said she thought I had said 5 minutes not 50 minutes when I had first told her what had happened and apologised.

When she came back on she told me that at the very bottom of the page next to the very small * it says about the “new booking information” so scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page to find it. Now I work with a lot of docs and we generally put an * next to information we want to clarify, this then means you refer to information usual at the bottom of the page apparently RCCL web designers have never come across this before even though it’s been common usage since footnotes began. NCL do exactly this on their webpage’s with a nice bright * next to there prices (take note anyone from RCCL)

“No problem” I said”I will cancel my IOTS cruise lose my deposit and book the LOTS cruise still at a fraction of the cost.”

Unfortunately due to the way the system works your reservation for 3 in a JS has been cancelled because someone in the US has put a courtesy hold on it she told me

I asked if this was before or after I had put a hold on it. After apparently must have been when it disappeared of the system during the first call.

It was at this point I started to feel like a 2nd class cruiser

I told Jade I was not a happy bunny about this and Jade pointed out that the cabin for two was still being held for me. So why was the cabin for 3 not being held for me the answer because though I had held it first the American system overrode the UK system and took it because their system has priority. I told Jade I thought this was extremely unfair and made me feel like a 2nd class cruiser.

I asked if the triple JS had been booked in America. No it was merely being held on a courtesy hold and may become available again she would hold my double for an extra day to see if the triple is released if it is released I can book both rooms at the on screen price and no transfer fee plus $200 OBC

I sent an email to a supervisor about these issues and no response not even an acknowledgement of my email

2 days later a phone call from Jade the triple is still being held in America still not booked and is still on a courtesy hold. It has been on hold in America for the last 4 days 5 if you count tomorrow when Jade’s supervisor is supposed to phone me (no confidence in that though)

My complaints are

1. Being put on hold and then ignored for 50 minutes rather than deal with me or get a supervisor (by the way I was really polite and was in no way offensive I really wanted the cruise)

2. Why is the American system allowed to cancel a UK hold in favour of an American courtesy hold. They claim to be Royal Caribbean International not” Royal Caribbean America and we will do whatever we want, to international customers” talk about alienating people

3. How come UK customers can only courtesy hold for 24hrs where as USA customers seem to be able to hold almost indefinitely alright 4 days and counting

I do not want to be treated better than USA customers I just want to be treated the same.

So UK customers be aware that just because you think you've courtesy held a room Miami's computer can take that away in favour of USA bookings.

I have been on the phone with RCCL UK for the last few days trying to sort out an issue and it’s left me feeling like a 2nd class cruiser

I am booked on the IOTS in October having had to change the date from April due to commitments with the Olympics. RCCL where very good and changed the dates and let me keep the OBC. Minor issue with the OBC not being transferred but in general very pleased with the two insides on the IOTS

I happened to be looking on-line for price drops and found a cruise in September. 2 junior suites on the Liberty Of The Seas for a fraction of the cost of our insides. I promptly courtesy held both suits received my confirmation emails for both cabins and then phoned RCCL UK. And this is when it all fell apart.

The customer service lady I spoke t

o (cannot remember her name) went through the costing which came out a lot higher than the on screen price, JS cabin for 3 £1024 her price £1700+ so I queried this and was told the price was for “new customers only” and you could tell she was starting to get flustered I explained there was nothing near the price or obvious to say this was for “new customers only” she became more flustered. She told me I could transfer at the price she had quoted but it would cost £300. I then asked if i cancelled my original booking and lost my deposit could I book the on screen price no problem she said.(ha) Then she told me there was a problem with the booking and it had disappeared, at this point I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she would get one. And the phone went quite no jingle nothing. I waited on the line for about 5 minutes I heard a click from my phone like someone picking up the phone and I said hello, the phone clicked again like someone putting the phone down. I was determined not to be ignored and held on for 50 minutes with someone on the other end intermittently picking up the phone but not saying anything.

At this point I got fed up and redialled customer services where a very helpful lady called Jade listened to what I had to say and asked if she could put me on hold whilst she spoke to her supervisor I said I hope I would not be left me on hold for 50 minutes again when Jade came back a few minutes later I joked at least I did not have to wait 50 minutes again she said she thought I had said 5 minutes not 50 minutes when I had first told her what had happened and apologised.

When she came back on she told me that at the very bottom of the page next to the very small * it says about the “new booking information” so scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page to find it. Now I work with a lot of docs and we generally put an * next to information we want to clarify, this then means you refer to information usual at the bottom of the page apparently RCCL web designers have never come across this before even though it’s been common usage since footnotes began. NCL do exactly this on their webpage’s with a nice bright * next to there prices (take note anyone from RCCL)

“No problem” I said”I will cancel my IOTS cruise lose my deposit and book the LOTS cruise still at a fraction of the cost.”

Unfortunately due to the way the system works your reservation for 3 in a JS has been cancelled because someone in the US has put a courtesy hold on it she told me

I asked if this was before or after I had put a hold on it. After apparently must have been when it disappeared of the system during the first call.

I told Jade I was not a happy bunny about this and Jade pointed out that the cabin for two was still being held for me. So why was the cabin for 3 not being held for me the answer because though I had held it first the American system overrode the UK system and took it because their system has priority. I told Jade I thought this was extremely unfair and made me feel like a 2nd class cruiser.

I asked if the triple JS had been booked in America. No it was merely being held on a courtesy hold and may become available again she would hold my double for an extra day to see if the triple is released if it is released I can book both rooms at the on screen price and no transfer fee plus $200 OBC

I sent an email to a supervisor about these issues and no response not even an acknowledgement of my email

2 days later a phone call from Jade the triple is still being held in America still not booked and is still on a courtesy hold. It has been on hold in America for the last 4 days 5 if you count tomorrow when Jade’s supervisor is supposed to phone me (no confidence in that though)

My complaints are

1. Being put on hold and then ignored for 50 minutes rather than deal with me or get a supervisor (by the way I was really polite and was in no way offensive I really wanted the cruise)

2. Why is the American system allowed to cancel a UK hold in favour of an American courtesy hold. They claim to be Royal Caribbean International not” Royal Caribbean America and we will do whatever we want, to international customers” talk about alienating people

3. How come UK customers can only courtesy hold for 24hrs where as USA customers seem to be able to hold almost indefinitely alright 4 days and counting

I do not want to be treated better than USA customers I just want to be treated the same.

So UK customers be aware that just because you think you've courtesy held a room Miami's computer can take that away in favour of USA bookings.

As a fellow UK cruiser I feel you pain and anger:mad: but have no answers :(

The customer service lady I spoke to (cannot remember her name) went through the costing which came out a lot higher than the on screen price, JS cabin for 3 £1024 her price £1700+ so I queried this and was told the price was for “new customers only” and you could tell she was starting to get flustered I explained there was nothing near the price or obvious to say this was for “new customers only” she became more flustered. She told me I could transfer at the price she had quoted but it would cost £300. I then asked if i cancelled my original booking and lost my deposit could I book the on screen price no problem she said.(ha) Then she told me there was a problem with the booking and it had disappeared, at this point I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she would get one. And the phone went quite no jingle nothing. I waited on the line for about 5 minutes I heard a click from my phone like someone picking up the phone and I said hello, the phone clicked again like someone putting the phone down. I was determined not to be ignored and held on for 50 minutes with someone on the other end intermittently picking up the phone but not saying anything.

My complaints are

in the USA you can also only hold a courtesy hold for 24 hours but a travel agent can hold a cabin for 7 days. that may only be a double and a triple may need a deposit after 24 hours. try having a TA do it for you.

Not trying to get into a urinating contest but there are differences between RCL and RCL UK. Someone more knowledgeable should explain but I believe that RCL UK is setup to comply with EU travel regulations. This results in different requirements and policies. They are trying to sell the same product as in the US but to their own rules.

As was just stated above, I can only put a hold on a cabin for 24 hours. I was not aware that a US TA could hold a cabin for longer than that.

Despite all that, I hope that the issues the OP brought up are taken care of by those in charge on both sides of the pond!!!

Good luck, I hope it all works out well for you and you get the cruise you want at the price you want. I think we've probably all fallen foul of the "new bookings only" - of course when I say "all" that means all UK cruisers - we see on these boards all the time that US cruisers can get price drops right up to final payment (and sometimes beyond) so this is really adding insult to injury. This is in no way meant disrespectfully to our US friends, it is RCI we are getting at - they really need to learn that they must treat all passengers equally regardless of their nationality.

Gill

I am in the US. as mentioned above, my hold can only last 24 hours, just like yours. I doubt my hold would cancel yours...I hope not...that would be wrong. travel agents in the US can place longer holds (maybe in the UK too, I would not know). maybe the other hold came from a travel agency with a strong booking history. maybe the cabin should never have shown as available....earlier this week showed many really good cabins briefly showed available on my upcoming cruise...it was indeed too good to be true...just a computer glitch. maybe both holds were placed at the same moment...or maybe the US hold was actually first...how can you know?

in the USA you can also only hold a courtesy hold for 24 hours but a travel agent can hold a cabin for 7 days. that may only be a double and a triple may need a deposit after 24 hours. try having a TA do it for you.

Thanks for the information but the TA's in the UK would probably be in the same boat (pardon the pun) as somebody contacting RCCL directly.

Our money's as good as theirs, I would have been so pissed off, good luck give it to them.:eek:

Yes it is and theirs is as good as ours. A level playing field is what customers want

I am waiting for end of play Sunday to see if RCCL supervisor phones as promised and see if we can come to some sort of resolution.

When dealing with customer service staff I've found it's always best to be polite, courteous and firm after all it's rarely their fault that the companies failing you.

I am in the US. as mentioned above, my hold can only last 24 hours, just like yours. I doubt my hold would cancel yours...I hope not...that would be wrong. travel agents in the US can place longer holds (maybe in the UK too, I would not know). maybe the other hold came from a travel agency with a strong booking history. maybe the cabin should never have shown as available....earlier this week showed many really good cabins briefly showed available on my upcoming cruise...it was indeed too good to be true...just a computer glitch. maybe both holds were placed at the same moment...or maybe the US hold was actually first...how can you know?

I was told that my booking was first by RCCL UK however the Miami system overrode the UK system to cancel the booking for 3 in JS whilst I was in the middle of booking it about 10 minutes after I recieved my confirmation email because someone placed a courtesy hold in the USA. My booking for 2 in JS is still valid and I could have booked a second JS for 2 at the same time and price no problem however we are a family of 5 and needed the JS for three. As of Friday the cabin was on a courtesy hold in the USA at the same price as in the UK as prices were identical in both countries. RCCL UK admitted that the Miami system takes preference over the UK system. I don't think RCCL UK realised how much the Miami system can override them.

Not trying to get into a urinating contest but there are differences between RCL and RCL UK. Someone more knowledgeable should explain but I believe that RCL UK is setup to comply with EU travel regulations. This results in different requirements and policies. They are trying to sell the same product as in the US but to their own rules.

As was just stated above, I can only put a hold on a cabin for 24 hours. I was not aware that a US TA could hold a cabin for longer than that.

Despite all that, I hope that the issues the OP brought up are taken care of by those in charge on both sides of the pond!!!

Thanks for the reply I have also heard of the regulations on this side of the pond and this is why our prices are generally £100 more expensive apparently but this is supposed to give us some measure of protection that you do not have in the states still not sure what it is though.

I was told that my booking was first by RCCL UK however the Miami system overrode the UK system to cancel the booking for 3 in JS whilst I was in the middle of booking it about 10 minutes after I recieved my confirmation email because someone placed a courtesy hold in the USA. My booking for 2 in JS is still valid and I could have booked a second JS for 2 at the same time and price no problem however we are a family of 5 and needed the JS for three. As of Friday the cabin was on a courtesy hold in the USA at the same price as in the UK as prices were identical in both countries. RCCL UK admitted that the Miami system takes preference over the UK system. I don't think RCCL UK realised how much the Miami system can override them.

Thanks for the reply I have also heard of the regulations on this side of the pond and this is why our prices are generally £100 more expensive apparently but this is supposed to give us some measure of protection that you do not have in the states still not sure what it is though.

Exactly. Another reason I book thro' the US site. ;)

Would have thought that if you had a hold on a cabin then that would not appear on the website as available so someone else should not have seen it to be able to book it and have the US system overide

For circumstances beyond my control I have had to cancel 2 cruises with the loss of deposit imposed as I've not been able to transfer the ship/date. Whenever I have tried to book a solo cabin through a US TA the price has been prohibitive.

The longer I am on CC the more I learn about how UK regs differ.

I understand that issues can occur if one cancels one cruise due to a 'new bookings only' price drop in order to rebook the same cruise. I don't think it matters where the booking has been set up.

Would have thought that if you had a hold on a cabin then that would not appear on the website as available so someone else should not have seen it to be able to book it and have the US system overide

I would have thought so as well.

I suppose it's possible a TA could have been picking out a load of cabins to reserve and while he was doing this I reserved one of the same cabins 10 minutes later he presses the hold button and because the USA system takes priority it cancels my booking and gives it to them if this was the case it's really unfair and wrong and RCCL need to sort it out for both parties

A second and worse scenario I can think of is that Miami office recieved a request for a JS for 3 saw I had a hold on it and deliberately cancelled it to suit themselves if this was the case I feel I am more than justifed in feeling like a 2nd class cruiser

Either way RCCL has made a mistake and should rectify the problem as best they can for all parties involved

If a price code is for 'new bookings only' then that means exactly what it says. Only new bookings can take advantage of that price code, and that applies to all customers irrespective of whether they are in the UK or the USA. I know many USA posters will concur with this.

Currently in the UK there is a pricing campaign with 'bargain basement prices'. This has already lead numerous posts on this site where you can see lower prices on the website but when you call it turns out that this price is for 'new bookings only'. This is nothing new; but it appears that these are more frequent than they ever have been in the past in my experience. However, if there is a price drop, and it is not for 'new bookings only' then you can take advantage of this. In the USA they can only have price drops up to final payment date; where as in the UK you can currently have price drops up to your saildate.

With regards to your option being cancelled so that a US guest can take your room; this is not so.

Under the current pricing campaign with bargain basement prices, it is not possible to hold options (the US call these 'courtesy holds'); and no TA is allowed to hold options. Therefore I believe that the UK revenue department run a report every few hours and they will automatically cancel any option that has been held,I suspect this is what has happened.

When the room was released it would appear back in the availability pool. I suspect that your room was then held by someone in the USA - the timing was unfortunate but I do not believe for one instance that the USA office cancelled your option just so that a US guest can take your room.

If a price code is for 'new bookings only' then that means exactly what it says. Only new bookings can take advantage of that price code, and that applies to all customers irrespective of whether they are in the UK or the USA. I know many USA posters will concur with this.

Currently in the UK there is a pricing campaign with 'bargain basement prices'. This has already lead numerous posts on this site where you can see lower prices on the website but when you call it turns out that this price is for 'new bookings only'. This is nothing new; but it appears that these are more frequent than they ever have been in the past in my experience. However, if there is a price drop, and it is not for 'new bookings only' then you can take advantage of this. In the USA they can only have price drops up to final payment date; where as in the UK you can currently have price drops up to your saildate.

With regards to your option being cancelled so that a US guest can take your room; this is not so.

Under the current pricing campaign with bargain basement prices, it is not possible to hold options (the US call these 'courtesy holds'); and no TA is allowed to hold options. Therefore I believe that the UK revenue department run a report every few hours and they will automatically cancel any option that has been held,I suspect this is what has happened.

When the room was released it would appear back in the availability pool. I suspect that your room was then held by someone in the USA - the timing was unfortunate but I do not believe for one instance that the USA office cancelled your option just so that a US guest can take your room.

I was going to say the same thing. If you do a search you will come up with a lot of US posters complaining they can't get a price drop because it's for "new bookings only". Why immediately jump to the conclusions you did? I don't see anything you're complaining about that hasn't happened in the US also. You're placing a bias where none exists.

Hi Liz

I understand what you are saying about "new bookings" and RCCL have every right to decide that prices are for "new bookings only" but they fail to make this obvious like their competitors that is why we as customers fall foul to this alot

However your statement in regards to the pricing campaign does not hold water as the price in both the US and UK was identical it was available on both sites and the JS for two was not cancelled and was in no danger of being cancelled according to RCCL UK so why was the JS for three cancelled. According to RCCL UK it was cancelled by the Miami office If the revenue departments were arbitrarily cancelling UK holds but were allowing US holds this is unfair and creates a two tier system.

It is the inequality in this situation and the treatment of this UK customer that is so annoying

I was going to say the same thing. If you do a search you will come up with a lot of US posters complaining they can't get a price drop because it's for "new bookings only". Why immediately jump to the conclusions you did? I don't see anything you're complaining about that hasn't happened in the US also. You're placing a bias where none exists.

I was not looking for a price drop per se I was looking at transfering a booking when the lady quoted me a price and I queried this that is when I found out the on screen price was for "New bookings" No problem I will lose my deposit and re-book the new cruise it was at this point whilst my reservation was being booked that it disappeared from the UK system and placed on a courtesy hold on the US system

This is all very fascinating. I have often read numerous posts about issues with lost deposits, etc. for UK cruisers due to the "UK regulations". I wonder what those regulations give you?

Also, as Host Elizanessie mentioned about running a report and canceling a booking. I wonder if your second cabin was consider differently since you already had one hold on a cabin. Just trying to figure out what happened.

I understand what you are saying about "new bookings" and RCCL have every right to decide that prices are for "new bookings only" but they fail to make this obvious like their competitors that is why we as customers fall foul to this alot

However your statement in regards to the pricing campaign does not hold water as the price in both the US and UK was identical it was available on both sites and the JS for two was not cancelled and was in no danger of being cancelled according to RCCL UK so why was the JS for three cancelled. According to RCCL UK it was cancelled by the Miami office If the revenue departments were arbitrarily cancelling UK holds but were allowing US holds this is unfair and creates a two tier system.

It is the inequality in this situation and the treatment of this UK customer that is so annoying

I am a bit confused by the expectation here.

If you book a holiday or a flight or a train ticket or a hotel or most other things in the UK, the price you agree at the time of purchase becomes the contract. It is not at all unusual to see prices drop after you have purchased, but it would be very unusual to be able to renegotiate the contract in those circumstances.

If you buy an airline ticket and the following week the price drops, you are locked into the price you paid unless you want to cancel (with whatever penalities apply) and take out a new contract. Clearly the new price is for new bookings only. You would also have to dig through the terms and conditions in order to find the contract clause.

In the US "price drops" or "price guarantees" may well be accepted regional marketing for this company, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that is the case in the UK or many other regional markets. Once again there is nothing particularly unusual in this. UK airlines, and car manufacturers etc. often tailor their marketing programmes quite differently for the US market, to reflect legislative changes, cultural norms, and customer expectations within that competitive market.

I think the internet has created an idea of homogeny, that in reality rarely exists.

In summary, unless they ar offering a "price guarantee" they do not need to make it obvious that price reductions are for new bookings only, because (as with airplane travel, train travel, ferry travel, or buying a washing machine,) the default position is the point at which you agree to the contract.

I am a bit confused by the expectation here.

To be treated fairly and with respect

If you book a holiday or a flight or a train ticket or a hotel or most other things in the UK, the price you agree at the time of purchase becomes the contract. It is not at all unusual to see prices drop after you have purchased, but it would be very unusual to be able to renegotiate the contract in those circumstances.

Agreed

If you buy an airline ticket and the following week the price drops, you are locked into the price you paid unless you want to cancel (with whatever penalities apply) and take out a new contract. Clearly the new price is for new bookings only. You would also have to dig through the terms and conditions in order to find the contract clause.

There is a Best price guarantee

Contract states if the total holiday cost drops by more than 2% you are entitled to a price reduction If it rises by then less than 2% they can add a surcharge

In the US "price drops" or "price guarantees" may well be accepted regional marketing for this company, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that is the case in the UK or many other regional markets. Once again there is nothing particularly unusual in this. UK airlines, and car manufacturers etc. often tailor their marketing programmes quite differently for the US market, to reflect legislative changes, cultural norms, and customer expectations within that competitive market.

I think the internet has created an idea of homogeny, that in reality rarely exists.

I agree however if you are advertising to a global market where I can quite legally book my cruise direct with RCCL in Miami some homogeny is needed

In summary, unless they ar offering a "price guarantee" they do not need to make it obvious that price reductions are for new bookings only, because (as with airplane travel, train travel, ferry travel, or buying a washing machine,) the default position is the point at which you agree to the contract.

I am not to overly concerned about the "new booking" situation and RCCL UK are aware of the issue with it. I will be posting an update from my phone call with RCCL UK later

Update

I have spoken to a lady from RCCL UK who phoned me to tell me that "she had some good news and bad news" her words not mine

The bad news the room has not been taken off hold in the US because apparently the revenue department out there do not work Sundays (fair enough)

The good news the JS should be released tomorrow and I will be able to book it

The problem with "new bookings only" not being very clear is a known issue and their technical people are dealing with it according to RCCL UK

The reasons they give price drops and upgrades is because it's written into the contract (I suppose they would get no bookings a year plus in advance if they did not offer this) This is also why they must make the "new bookings only" very clear UK legislation

The reason my booking for a JS for 3 was cancelled and transfered to a hold in the US is under investigation and it should never have happened according to RCCL UK

There is an issue with UK customers being able to place a courtesy hold in the UK during this sale their technical department is dealing with this

US customers can still place courtesy holds

And most importantly my complaint about the customer service rep who left me on hold for 50 minutes hoping I would go away is being investigated

There is a Best price guarantee

Contract states if the total holiday cost drops by more than 2% you are entitled to a price reduction If it rises by then less than 2% they can add a surcharge

Perhaps you could point me to that contractual section, as I cannot find it.

With all due respect, the contract (standard T&C's) doesn't state that. It states that if their "costs" defined as transportation costs, dues, taxes and fees rise or fall by more than 2% of the total sum of your holiday invoice, can you request a refund of those charges, or they are entitled to add a surcharge of those sums. The retail price of the holiday booking (outside of those elements) has nothing to do with this paragraph (1.9 and 1.2)

Homegeny is difficult and in reality almost impossible. Legislation in different countries, as well as taxes, currency volatility, cost base, competition and customer expectations are all different.

In many cases, companies (including this one) set up seperate company structures to deal with regional markets. In this case the company is RCL cruises ltd. It will be them that you likely have your contract with.

Don't misunderstand me. I am right there with you as regards sorting out the customer service issue (which sounds like finger trouble on somebodies part,) and in getting the best deal you can negotiate for yourself. My confusion was in the expectation that seems to occur, when the contract entered into isn't the one that people think they have.

In fairness to RCL (and for all their faults) they are not advertising to a global market. They target their advertising to each regional market. In other words the ads and offers shown in the US or Canada are very different to those shown in the UK. Even the website is UK specific. In fact it is very hard to access the US website from the UK. It is only the internet that lends any illusion to the concept of homogeny. Yes you can book your cruise in the US (with some difficulty) but your contract would then be with the US company. Undoubtably any problems that might subsequently arise with it, would then also be in that forum.

Good luck with getting the cabins you want tommorow. :)

Update...

The problem with "new bookings only" not being very clear is a known issue and their technical people are dealing with it according to RCCL UK

The reasons they give price drops and upgrades is because it's written into the contract (I suppose they would get no bookings a year plus in advance if they did not offer this) This is also why they must make the "new bookings only" very clear UK legislation

The reason my booking for a JS for 3 was cancelled and transfered to a hold in the US is under investigation and it should never have happened according to RCCL UK There is an issue with UK customers being able to place a courtesy hold in the UK during this sale their technical department is dealing with this. US customers can still place courtesy holds

And most importantly my complaint about the customer service rep who left me on hold for 50 minutes hoping I would go away is being investigated

I hope you are able to get the cabin back, and I hope the technical issues are addressed for the the sake of future customers.

I do wonder how do you know the person was hoping you would go away. If all you heard were clicks, not a person telling you to go away, could there not perhaps have been a technical problem with the phone system? Maybe tried to pick up the line and could not get a connection. maybe they were frustrate, too. I do hope it is being investigated, but I also hope you can leave some opening in your mind that the phone system acted up rather than a human mistreating you.

Jetdriver787 let me start by unreservedly apologising for my mistake in my haste to reply I completely mis-read that paragraph

But it does raise the question why RCCL and others honour price drops is it some long fogotten convention or standard industry convention lost to the mists of time anyway they do honour price drops and give cabin upgrades I now honestly do not know why?

I would point out I did not ask for a price drop but asked to transfer to a different cruise and was willing to pay the penalty for that whether that be a £300 transfer fee or a complete loss of deposit £750 either way it was substantially cheaper and we are talking a couple of thousand £ cheaper to transfer.

Starry Eyes I would like to believe it was a technical issue and I was not deliberatley treated this way but if I did I would be lying to myself

I do not for one second believe it was a technical issue and since then RCCL UK has been very upfront about issues they have had and I am sure they would have stated quite quickly if this was an issue with their phones

Clumsy fingers maybe? so why did she not call me back. The other 2 customer service people called me using my mobile as it is my prefered number

Archived