Beware uk cruisers are 2nd class

Did someone actually put you on hold for 50 mins?? If so why did you wait that long!? lol i would have hung up after 10 mins, I have no patience!! :D

It was the principle of the thing

After 5 mins I pretty much knew she was not coming back :mad:

There was a clicking noise like the phone being picked up and a slight crackling noise and when I said "hello" there would be another click

On one of the clicks I remained quite for a few seconds before I spoke as soon as I said "hello" there was the second click

I knew as long as I stayed on the line it would tie the phone up her end not allowing her to use it without speaking to me

I managed to hold out for 50 minutes before I phoned them again

Straight through to them no issues

I've got to admit since my second call RCCL have been very helpful and polite

It was the principle of the thing

After 5 mins I pretty much knew she was not coming back :mad:

There was a clicking noise like the phone being picked up and a slight crackling noise and when I said "hello" there would be another click

On one of the clicks I remained quite for a few seconds before I spoke as soon as I said "hello" there was the second click

I knew as long as I stayed on the line it would tie the phone up her end not allowing her to use it without speaking to me

I managed to hold out for 50 minutes before I phoned them again

Straight through to them no issues

I've got to admit since my second call RCCL have been very helpful and polite

I am in the US, so I am not familiar with UK business phones. Still, if a UK business phone only has one available line and does not have a light to show if that line is active, I would say it is a very, very archaic business phone system. If it is such an archaic system, it might well have a technical problem. OTOH, if it a reasonably modern system, the company likely can tell how long a caller has been holding. In the US, such data is tracked, as long hold times are a major cause of customer dissatisfaction, don't you agree;)? Furthermore, if the agent were not answering other calls for 50 minutes, the employee's low productivity would likely show in company data. Clearly you felt you were being abused or you'd have hung up sooner. I was not there, so I cannot know...if were in the US, it just would not make sense for a customer service agent to think they could treat you that way without facing disciplinary action....I hope UK worker would, too. they discovered other technical issues during their investigation...maybe they do not yet know what happened with the phone.

3. How come UK customers can only courtesy hold for 24hrs where as USA customers seem to be able to hold almost indefinitely alright 4 days and counting

I do not want to be treated better than USA customers I just want to be treated the same.

So UK customers be aware that just because you think you've courtesy held a room Miami's computer can take that away in favour of USA bookings.

Courtesy hold is only 24 hours here also... If you do not pay the deposit within the 24 hours they will send you an email saying that your courtesy hold has expired.

Courtesy hold is only 24 hours here also... If you do not pay the deposit within the 24 hours they will send you an email saying that your courtesy hold has expired.

I've never had that email.... any held bookings have simply faded away....

I am in the US, so I am not familiar with UK business phones. Still, if a UK business phone only has one available line and does not have a light to show if that line is active, I would say it is a very, very archaic business phone system. If it is such an archaic system, it might well have a technical problem. OTOH, if it a reasonably modern system, the company likely can tell how long a caller has been holding. In the US, such data is tracked, as long hold times are a major cause of customer dissatisfaction, don't you agree;)? Furthermore, if the agent were not answering other calls for 50 minutes, the employee's low productivity would likely show in company data. Clearly you felt you were being abused or you'd have hung up sooner. I was not there, so I cannot know...if were in the US, it just would not make sense for a customer service agent to think they could treat you that way without facing disciplinary action....I hope UK worker would, too. they discovered other technical issues during their investigation...maybe they do not yet know what happened with the phone.

I understand what you are getting at and RCCL UK assure me they are looking into it but even I would have to agree that it is difficult for them to look into the matter this weekend because we are having an extended holiday weekend for the Queens Diamond Jubilee

I have never been a big fan of disciplinary action except in extreme cases and this is not one, re-training is the key to a productive workforce:)

And being put on hold and ignored for 50 minutes is most certainly not the worst horror story I have heard about customer service in the UK (and I am not talking about RCCL UK) lol:)

The last time I did a courtesy hold, I transferred the booking the same day using an NCC. The rep said they cancelled the hold, but three days later I got an email telling me that my hold was about to expire and I should call RCL if I still wanted the cabin.

In short, RCL's system doesn't really know what's going on.:rolleyes:

I've never had that email.... any held bookings have simply faded away....

I have received the hold expiration email every time I have used the courtesy hold and not gone on to pay the deposit.

I'm completely horrified to hear about your experience! Had this happened to me, I would have been taking my business to another cruise line. I hope they are able to figure out what happened, and prevent this from happening again. Hope you are able to get the cabin you want. Good luck!

Update: No longer do I feel like a second class cruiser

RCCl UK have just sent me my confirmation

The 2 JS rooms I had courtesy held are now mine for the week at the price quoted

Because of the issues I faced they have allowed me to transfer my whole deposit to the booking and have given me $100 OBC per cabin

They recognised that my booking did raise some issues and are working to resolve them

I would like to thank Jade, Holly and Tula(not sure if I have spelled that correctly and if not I apologise) in the RCCL UK customer services department for being so helpful and understanding over the issues raised and working to resolve them and for keeping me informed:)

CC.com is there anyway I can change the heading to reflect the outcome of the issues raised.

Archived