Wake Up Show

Tina G

Last cruise they had the morning show being televised on MUTS for the enjoyment of all the early morning people at the pool. :D

I have seen that also on some ships, but do not remember which ones.

On our last cruise, the first morning's Morning Show was actually the one for the next-to-last day for the previous cruise. They had taped that and our day's show on the same day and broadcast the wrong one for us.

The "Wake Up Show" isn't going anywhere. On the new Royal Princess they are building a space specifically for a tv studio. This will be where this and other shows will happen. There will be seating in the studio for cruisers to watch the morning show.

princess_tv_studio_static.jpg

Last cruise they had the morning show being televised on MUTS for the enjoyment of all the early morning people at the pool. :D
The Coral Princess did that on our recent Panama Canal cruise.

I found the Kelvin Joy's Wake Show to be a real hoot. He and ACD Matt would shoot it in various venues around the ship, most of them public where the passengers could interact.

On my last cruise ...

Pia was mentioned just about every day for some reason or another.

Meredith's husband stuffed the "box of lateral thinking" one day with multiple entries for Meredith which caused a rukus of Cruise Critic coffee card, no wait, dining room attire, no wait, smuggling booze on board, no wait, chair hogs, no wait, $2 bills, staggered embarkation, no wait, guarantee cabins (you get the picture) proportions!

The sommelier, Petros, had a running battle with Kelvin and Matt where they'd get each other to eat or drink odd things (like balat - look it up).

Not everyone will like the Wake Show and that's OK, no one is forcing anyone to watch it. Some posters have insinuated it is required watching with Big Brother turning on the sets in cabins automatically! Really? Are you kidding me?

Please don't advocate to eliminate it because there are lots of people who do like it. We certainly can have this one both ways.

I found the Kelvin Joy's Wake Show to be a real hoot. He and ACD Matt would shoot it in various venues around the ship, most of them public where the passengers could interact.

On my last cruise ...

Pia was mentioned just about every day for some reason or another.

Meredith's husband stuffed the "box of lateral thinking" one day with multiple entries for Meredith which caused a rukus of Cruise Critic coffee card, no wait, dining room attire, no wait, smuggling booze on board, no wait, chair hogs, no wait, $2 bills, staggered embarkation, no wait, guarantee cabins (you get the picture) proportions!

The sommelier, Petros, had a running battle with Kelvin and Matt where they'd get each other to eat or drink odd things (like balat - look it up).

Not everyone will like the Wake Show and that's OK, no one is forcing anyone to watch it. Some posters have insinuated it is required watching with Big Brother turning on the sets in cabins automatically! Really? Are you kidding me?

Please don't advocate to eliminate it because there are lots of people who do like it. We certainly can have this one both ways.

Because he loves me. :D That, and the fact that he knows me from prior cruises.

The Patter is never read out loud. What you occasionally hear is the CD announcing certain activities; once in the AM and again in the PM. Bingo, for sure, but never the entire Patter.

I've been on cruises where the CD went right through the Patter line by line adding descriptions and explanations. I've been on others where the show was much more creative and entertaining. The content seems to be determined by the CD rather than corporate... although the interviews with the various department heads is likely a corporate directive.

I do enjoy having the Wake Show on while DW is getting fixed up for the day. It definitely impacts our/my decissions to participate in various activities.

I've been on cruises where the CD went right through the Patter line by line adding descriptions and explanations. I've been on others where the show was much more creative and entertaining. The content seems to be determined by the CD rather than corporate... although the interviews with the various department heads is likely a corporate directive.

I do enjoy having the Wake Show on while DW is getting fixed up for the day. It definitely impacts our/my decissions to participate in various activities.

Yes, on TV. Not over the ship's speaker.

Archived