PH Bathroom amenities???

Smbruner

Never been on O and we are sailing on the Nautica this month.

Does anyone know if they provide shower gel and most importantly shower caps (like the hotels do) in PH suites?

Thanks so much - I don't want to pack any unnecessary items!

Never been on O and we are sailing on the Nautica this month.

Does anyone know if they provide shower gel and most importantly shower caps (like the hotels do) in PH suites?

Thanks so much - I don't want to pack any unnecessary items!

Shower Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Lotion. Oceania branded supplies in Category B and below, Bvlgari in Concierge and Penthouse, and probably something exotic in the top suites. Yes to shower caps. All generously resupplied when you reach about the halfway level. On Riviera, I also saw aromatic bath salts in concierge and above -- can't remember if they were on Regatta (Nautica's sister ship) last Summer.

I agree, no problems with supplies on board. (I can't speak for shower caps since once I cut my hair short I don't bother with them.)

I'm wondering if the OP is thinking of hotels/motels that these days just put a squirt bottle in the shower as combo soap/shampoo ... I dislike those myself and will carry a small leftover hotel bottle of shampoo from some other trip just in case. But I've never needed to use those on an Oceania cruise!

And never tell me that the same soap can be used for my body as for my hair!

Mura

Does anyone else think that those Bulgari Soaps and lotions are over scented?

l_p0013150047.jpg

That's our concern! To strong. We'll be bringing travel sized bottles of our own products. I have too sensitive a nose and my DH has too sensitive of skin.

But I know some people really like Bulgari. To each their own.

l_p0013150047.jpg

Yes, and in fact I requested the Oceania branded body lotion for my room instead of the Bulgari.

I'm amused to see these comments because I usually am extremely sensitive to overly scented products and I haven't noticed that about the Bulgari offerings at all. I'll have to go them a fresh sniff, I guess, to double check.

I don't wear any perfume myself anymore and just hate to be around people who do, so I'm surprised that this seems to be a common complaint ... I wouldn't be so surprised if I'd noticed it myself, of course!

Mura

On Riviera, I also saw aromatic bath salts in concierge and above -- can't remember if they were on Regatta (Nautica's sister ship) last Summer.

We had bath salts in a Nautica PH last fall. As with the other products they were replenished as needed.

l_p0013150047.jpg

No, I like the Au the Vert by Bvlgari very much.

The scent that I dislike is what is used on Crystal, i.e. Rosemary Mint by Aveda. Ugh! It makes me feel like I am a lamb chop showering with toothpaste.

My husband tried to buy some at a local supermarket a couple weeks ago and was told that they were no longer carrying it.

He went to another market and they had it on the shelves so he bought TWO bars.

Not that I would look forward to Oceania stocking it ... but that's just me.

Mura

No, I like the Au the Vert by Bvlgari very much.

The scent that I dislike is what is used on Crystal, i.e. Rosemary Mint by Aveda. Ugh! It makes me feel like I am a lamb chop showering with toothpaste.

O should switch to Bvlgari Au the Blanc products. Less scented than Vert.

Does anyone know if O provide vanity kit (cosmetic rounds pads and Qtips?

I know they did in the PH, not sure about the rooms down from that. Also not sure if they had the pads but there were cotton balls & Q Tips in the container.

• 3 weeks later...
I know they did in the PH, not sure about the rooms down from that. Also not sure if they had the pads but there were cotton balls & Q Tips in the container.

we have booked a penthouse and I would like to know if there is 2 different bootles one is the shampoo and the other one the conditionner because I don't like the combo and I don't want to pack unneccessary items. What about mouthwash? do I should bring mine ?

As of last October they are separate bottles, not a combo. (I'm with you, I prefer separate bottles but DH likes the combo.)

We've always brought our own mouthwash. And I don't recall seeing any provided. (But I'm not going to make an absolute blanket statement since I'm going by "recollection".)

Mura

I'm really not one for often lolling about in a tub, doing a slow soak, but the bath salts in the PH on Regatta in September were quite remarkable...alluring...seductive...stimulating...comforting...and, of course, they were there, and I figured why not...and they were m-a-r-v-e-l-o-u-s! No, seriously, 21 days on the ship, and I'm sure I had in excess of a dozen, late-afternoon, early-evening baths/soaks/lolls. And look forward to doing it all over again in two months.

Archived