Liberty of the Seas Need Planning Help!

My husband and I will be taking our 25th anniversary celebration cruise on 9/15/12 from Barcelona and are new to this - could you please offer advice for the best shore excursions in each port? I think we have Rome covered but unsure about Nice, Provence, etc. Thanks very much for any help!

Consider some of the ship offered DIY the Pisa & Florence a good choice...For our first time visit to these ports and not a fan of ship excursions these ended up working out well for our LOS to the western med this past August...Enjoy this amazing itinerary !!

I am looking to book this cruise in a few weeks for myself and 3 other couples! excited to here about your trips!

MsKaufman we are neighbors, just moved near Hanover!

We should be back by mid July. Check with me then.

• 4 weeks later...
My husband and I will be taking our 25th anniversary celebration cruise on 9/15/12 from Barcelona and are new to this - could you please offer advice for the best shore excursions in each port? I think we have Rome covered but unsure about Nice, Provence, etc. Thanks very much for any help!

Hi,

We will be on the ship with you, we are celebrating our 50th anniversary and my birthday, and my husbands birthday. This is our first time cruising and if you have had any good advice on France let me know. Did you sign up for the amalfi coast. I emailed lady golfer but got no response.

Keep me up to date on what you learn. Thanks.

Sheila

I'll be on this cruise the week after you. Check out the 9/22 rollcall for some inspiration. The thread is a little long but I can give you some idea as to what some of our group is doing:

Provence: Some people are doing a wine tour through provence wine tours while a lot of us are undecided. It's a tricky port thanks to the Sunday stop. I might do something through the cruise ship.

Villefranche: I know some people are booking a trip that includes Eze and Monaco. I think it's through Riviera Premium Tours.

Florence/Pisa: I know one group is planning an excursion to both cities but I don't know who it is through. User melbur is organizing it so you might message her for info. I might be doing a cruise ship tour here depending on what I can find from how others liked theirs.

Naples/Capri: I'm still looking but I love the Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano tour through Rome In Limo. I'm still looking to see if there's something comparable elsewhere though. I have booked my Rome tour through RIL already so I might do a second one as well.

I'd love to hear what other people are planning for these Liberty ports. I'm in super planning mode this week.

We are sailing on Liberty the week before you and have booked private tours for our cruise. In Villefranche we are touring with Ingrid with Kultours. For our ports in Italy, we are touring with Simply Amalfi. Our roll call is not very active so right now we only have one other couple joining us for the tour in France and still waiting to hear back from others for Italy.

Archived